4 threads or 8 threads? 8 threads version of Xeon E3 1225 v3 is available in Japan

snowComet

Xeon E3-1225 v3 supposed to have 4 cores and 8 threads, like most of the other Haswell-based Xeon, but in late June Intel decided to change its spec to only 4 threads. Some of the 8 threads verion of E3-1225 v3, which the sample specification number of it is "SR14U", is now available in Japan, in a limited quantity.  According to Japanese Media Akiba PC, this patch of Xeon E3 processors has enabled the hyper-threading feature, so it would be appear as having 8 threads in windows. This processor is selling at the price of JPY$24480, which is around USD$250.

s3201.jpg

s1601.jpg

s1605.jpg

s1604.jpg

Intel Xeon Processor E3-1225 v3

http://ark.intel.com/products/75461/

Product Change Notification 112293-01

http://qdms.intel.com/dm/d.aspx/09585A06-A418-4623-8A2F-3185C4ACD8D8/PCN112293-01.pdf

Article from Akiba PC (in Japanese)

http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/news/20130816_611506.html

u know they have a 16 thread model... but thats a 8 core

Guess what, they also have 10core processors with HT > 20 threads ...

That is not the point of this thread though.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Guess what, they also have 10core processors with HT > 20 threads ...

That is not the point of this thread though.

tbh, if ur getting a server/workstation gpu, why use the lower end cheap models when u will get like 10x more performance for like double the cost... any1 using a Xenon processor will be using it for work purposes anyway so it will just pay for its self eventually

Character artist in the Games industry.

tbh, if ur getting a server/workstation gpu, why use the lower end cheap models when u will get like 10x more performance for like double the cost... any1 using a Xenon processor will be using it for work purposes anyway so it will just pay for its self eventually

AGAIN ... This is NOT the point of this thread.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I am only going to upgrade my i7 2600 when intel bring out a consumer grade 8 core CPU, like a 5770k or 6770k. But without an integrated GPU in it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I am only going to upgrade my i7 2600 when intel bring out a consumer grade 8 core CPU, like a 5770k or 6770k. But without an integrated GPU in it.

Consumer grade CPU are getting lower specs... As "Enthusiasts" are barely any concern for Intel [as you might see with Haswell].

We just don't make the profit for Intel to actually invest in something crazy like that.

The mainstream CPUs [i4770k and below] will soon be BGA [soldered to the socket] and if you want to overclock you'll have to go workstation [3820+ equivalent].

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Consumer grade CPU are getting lower specs... As "Enthusiasts" are barely any concern for Intel [as you might see with Haswell].

We just don't make the profit for Intel to actually invest in something crazy like that.

The mainstream CPUs [i4770k and below] will soon be BGA [soldered to the socket] and if you want to overclock you'll have to go workstation [3820+ equivalent].

i dont know why companies dont make Gaming Spec motherboards that utilise Workstation/server cpu's they perform relatively well in games aslong as u put a half decent GPU with it.

I mean, if it keeps going the way things are now we are going to haft to get workstation cpu's for are build which isnt bad cause we can do Multi cpu setup's.

Character artist in the Games industry.

The E3 1225 series Xeon is one of the greatest selling Xeon's in history. Just about every data centre that does colo or dedi services uses these CPU's because of the price to performance as well as the feature set. 

Intel Xeon E3 1225 v3
Part number: CM8064601466507 = OEM/Tray/HT, S-Spec numbers: QE6C, QEHT, SR14U
Part number: CM8064601466510 = OEM/Tray/No HT, S-Spec number: SR1KX
Part number: BX80646E31225V3 = Retail/Box/HT, S-Spec number: SR14U
Part number: BX80646E31225V3 = Retail/Box/No HT, S-Spec number: SR1KX

S-Spec number: SR14U is either retail or OEM and has HT
S-Spec number: SR1KX is either retail or OEM and does not have HT, this could be the 2nd batch, it says available starting July 1, 2013
S-Spec numbers: QE6C and QEHT are engineering samples and both have HT

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon%20E3-1225%20v3.html

These chips are great for gaming as well if you don't want to overclock