What if...?

KingKeith55

I would actually like to see AMD just be like "HA WERE BACK BITCHES!"

I have a lot of hope and virtually zero belief that this will actually happen :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

What if EA/Activision/Ubisoft decided that we didn't need to see a new version of <insert our franchise we flog to death here> every year, and instead spent time putting more effort into one version for a few years before announcing/releasing a new one?

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

what if AMD had a marketing department (not just one guy)

Nvidia know how it's done.

MY6Xh.jpg

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

What if i continually bumped this thread to see people with more imaginative replies?

What if i continually bumped this thread to see people with more imaginative replies?

Then more people like for example me, would find it andgive you an imaginative reply :D

What if all the tech companies stopped trying to spy on their customers?

Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4.5 GHz, Asrock Z97 Anniversary, Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB @2666mhz, MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost TwinFrozr 2GB, NZXT S340, Some 500 GB WD HDD crap, Corsair CS750M, Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO, FUNC KB-460 with Cherry MX Blue, Speedlink Ledos (I really need to upgrade soon)

What if 3Dfx (FUCKIN' VOODOO BABY!) was still the Main GPU Manufacturer? (Currently it is nVidia, according to the sales numbers)

What if Motorola was still the dominant CPU Manufacturer?

What if Steve Wozniak never worked at Apple Computer?

What if Commodore was still the dominant Computer Manufacturer? (Well I guess Computer & OS)

What if Linus was never born?

What if Open-Source was dominant over Proprietary?

What if we all randomly capitalized words in the middle of our sentences?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

what if devs optimized games for pc, instead of porting games and expecting pc hardware to chug through the code ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

What if we all randomly capitalized words in the middle of our sentences?

The words that you put in Italics are titles (and labels), and need to be capitalized.

Also, I prefer to capitalize certain words that need to be capitalized.

(I speak a very weird version of English).

Hey btw, have you meet Asrock and MSI (#videoPulled)?

I have and least Nvidia has girls with proper dental care habbits

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

• 5 weeks later...

Matrix-Morpheus.jpg

196xy9ndzlnu5png.png

• Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower
  • MSI Z170 Krait
  • MSI R9 390
  • SeaSonic 650W
  • intel i5 6600k
  • HyperXFury 120GB Boot
  • WD Blue 1TB
  • G.Skill RipJAw DDR4 16GB
  • Cryorig H7
  • Asus VG248QE

"Living is not always alive."

What if the world knew how many licks it took to get to the Tootsie center of a Tootsie Pop?

The world would implode.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What if 3DFX still existed as a third major GPU manufacturer?

If there was any third GPU or CPU manufacturer that would be very interesting... If only

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Here's 3 I thought of (similar but different):

1. What if something new came along to replace x86 (and ARM for that matter) so every device was ( a ) the same, and ( b ) was as good as it can be? (I'm pretty sure we can do better than x86)
  2. What if RISC of some form (SPARC or PowerPC perhaps?) had become the dominant consumer platform instead of x86?
  3. What if there was a sudden and major leap in CPU performance (from graphene or something? idk) that let us accomplish (1) but without having to take the hit of giving up all software in the short term while it is recompiled since it could all be emulated at equal or better speed than we get now natively?