H440 + 980 Ti SLI

OfficeNinja

Hey guys, I know there a lot of topics about SLI, so I apologize if this is more of the same.

I plan to get an H440 with two 980 Ti Classifieds from EVGA. I know they'll fit in the H440, but I am concerned about temps. So my question is: Will the H440 cool the cards well enough, or should I think about getting a more airflow friendly case?

EDIT: Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm going to take Bangflop and wolfsbane's advice and get 980 Tis other than the classys. Possibly the hybrids if I can get into the EVGA shroud swap thing.

You could always save a bit more money and get one of the new Hybrid cards; then you wouldn't have to worry about temps or airflow really.

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

The H440 is quite restrictive on airflow.

I'd look at a Define R5 if you want another case going for silence but with better airflow around the same price.

You should be fine, there will be a video coming out soon where they compare SLI temps and positioning in a case. (Its on vessel so should be out in a few days)

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

You should be fine, there will be a video coming out soon where they compare SLI temps and positioning in a case. (Its on vessel so should be out in a few days)

yes but thats just position it has nothing to do with the case :/

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

it will be fine, if your concerned buy a better airflow fan for the rear exhaust and buy a fan to blow directly at your gpu`s

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

yes but thats just position it has nothing to do with the case :/

The case isnt exactly the best for airflow, but the changes in temps purely due to that would still be minuscule.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Get a decent airflow set-up and it'll be fine. Most likely it'll run a few degrees hotter but not anything that could do damage or effect gameplay.

Hey guys, I know there a lot of topics about SLI, so I apologize if this is more of the same.

I plan to get an H440 with two 980 Ti Classifieds from EVGA. I know they'll fit in the H440, but I am concerned about temps. So my question is: Will the H440 cool the cards well enough, or should I think about getting a more airflow friendly case?

The H440 doesn't have that good of an airflow... I would suggest getting a Corsair Air 540 or Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

The case isnt exactly the best for airflow, but the changes in temps purely due to that would still be minuscule.

exactly, i own the h440, love it but the two main issues i have is the window scratches super easy and the airflow but the airflow isnt too bad of an issue because i wanted a more silent elegant looking case, and my temps are still very safe at my cpu never hitting 70 and my gpu sits mid 70`s at 50% fan speed after a couple hours of gta, and not to mention my gpu cooler isnt that great compared to other companies

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

The H440 doesn't have that good of an airflow... I would suggest getting a Corsair Air 540 or Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

I wouldn't suggest the Air 540 to anyone unless they don't care about dust at all.

No dust filter for the exposed top and no dust filter for the PSU intake, which is provided by cases that cost half as much as the Air 540.

Don't get the classifieds unless you plan to watercool them. They're designed with extra power phases for watercooling/LN2 that will do nothing but pump unnecessary heat into your case. Reference designed cards will run at a lower TDP and provide identical overclocking opportunities on air cooling.

exactly, i own the h440, love it but the two main issues i have is the window scratches super easy and the airflow but the airflow isnt too bad of an issue because i wanted a more silent elegant looking case, and my temps are still very safe at my cpu never hitting 70 and my gpu sits mid 70`s at 50% fan speed after a couple hours of gta, and not to mention my gpu cooler isnt that great compared to other companies

i agree, all these potatos who dont have H440 saying it has shit airflow, its pretty decent 

except the window, i don't have any scratches on my window :P

i agree, all these potatos who dont have H440 saying it has shit airflow, its pretty decent 

Except it is one of the more restrictive airflow cases on the market.

There's dozens of reviews to back it up, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out a completely covered front panel with intakes only on one side isn't going to be ideal for air cooling.

There have even been tests where I believe an H100 performs worse than a Evo 212 with its rad on the top because of how restrictive the exhaust is there too.

It's not a great airflow case, and nobody should buy it for that purpose.

wish i didnt have any on mine

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

You could always save a bit more money and get one of the new Hybrid cards; then you wouldn't have to worry about temps or airflow really.

I thought these were more expensive than the classys, but I'll take another look. I was already thinking the classys might be kind of stupid for this build anyways.