HTC A9 unveiling

Lord Sparklebottom

Get a OnePlus 2, ZUK Z1 or Xiaomi Mi4C, much more powerful phones at the same or lower price 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

The tagline for this phone should be "It's cheaper than the iPhone and you can tell".

Poor HTC, They were the best at making smartphones in my opinion. I wish Google would let them make the next Nexus devices.

Get a OnePlus 2, ZUK Z1 or Xiaomi Mi4C, much more powerful phones at the same or lower price

I'm not saying it's a good buy but it's not terrible either, given the rumoured price was 599$.

Also you have to buy the three phones you mentioned on the internet (correct me if I'm wrong), the A9 will be available in stores.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Android Authority review :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RfjfaMrIbM

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

i have never had good times with a htc phone 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

It seemed pretty nice until I saw the small battery and CPU. Come on HTC... at that price is there really any reason why someone should get this phone over the OnePlus One or Motorola Pure?

The whole thing had a pretty thick overtone of desperation as well. They spent like the first 5 minutes going "look at how Apple has copied us! Look at how much great stuff we brought you last year!".

Now that's what I call desperate..

the worst thing imo is that they got rid of their HTC Boomsound speakers. they used to make the best sounding phones out there, but now it has a single downfacing speaker? come on!

Guys, there's only so many ways you can make an aluminum phone. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Like I mean, have you guys even used the phone? They're probably totally different.

It the bottom and camera do look like it's taken from iphone. The from looks like it's from Samsung with that pill button. JEEZ WHAT THE HECK!!!

Make a new One M series HTC. That was unique and cool.

This phone is a combination of HTC, Apple and Samsung.

Looks like a solid mid range/high end device. Not high end but better then some of the mid range phone out there.

Wow they literally copied the iphone no second thought about it

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Looks like thermalfake shitstorm. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

oh wow... that actually does look like an Iphone. i guess this is it for HTC then :/

*cries*

- snip-

This phone will be the death of HTC, no front facing speakers nothing, how sad. RIP HTC u had one or two good goes.

This phone will be the death of HTC, no front facing speakers nothing, how sad. RIP HTC u had one or two good goes.

I don't agree but I won't buy this phone for sure.

Give me a boost. 

You know. Everybody is saying the A9 is a clone of the Iphone. I mean the A9 is a thinner m9. The stripes are since the m7. Before the Iphone. The camera got another place and is round. So?

For the speaker you got 2 choices. Bottom or on the face. Well stupid choice that they put it on the buttom instead of the awesome boomsound configuration.

HTC look, 600 bucks and medium specs.

Gee I'm better off buying a Moto G.

I guess you pay now more for design then specs.

I have never ever ever posted something in my life about "hey that looks like a Phone from Apple"

Well guess what HTC, you won a prize!