R9 390 Bottleneck on FX6300?

reapersivan

Hello do I have been wanting to buy an R9 390. I have an FX 6300 GPU, an Asus m5a97 r2.0 mono, an r9 270, corsair CX 600m PSU and a hyper 212 CPU cooler. Will the bootleneck be really bad? I plan to max out 1080p and later on buy an i5 4590 and a mobo for it. The thing is that I don't want to spend 500$ all at once

Hello do I have been wanting to buy an R9 390. I have an FX 6300 GPU, an Asus m5a97 r2.0 mono, an r9 270, corsair CX 600m PSU and a hyper 212 CPU cooler. Will the bootleneck be really bad? I plan to max out 1080p and later on buy an i5 4590 and a mobo for it. The thing is that I don't want to spend 500$ all at once

the CPU will limit the performance of the card in some lesser optimised titles, for the most part it should deliver good performance though and it's worth getting a powerful GPU...100%.

If you realise your GPU load is not consistent in the games you play the most and there would be substantial gains from a more powerful CPU then consider a CPU upgrade for the future, but do get the GPU first and don't look back ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

it'll def be a bottleneck.If you plan on getting an i5 l8er  they'll be no issues. Go for it.

The thing is that I don't want to spend 500$ all at once

how do you plan on paying rent or buying a house

you'll be spending the rest of your life in a basement in the most ghetto neighborhood in town

that's just an exaggerated example of stinginess when it comes to financial funds

don't be afraid to buy what you need

be afraid to buy what you want

If you do get a 390 though get either XFX, Sapphire or MSI.

Never shop by brands.  <_<

Never shop by brands.  <_<

Yeah but they just so happen to be the better ones :D and considering the fact that Gigabyte's 390 is being complained about and so is Asus' 390...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

how do you plan on paying rent or buying a house

you'll be spending the rest of your life in a basement in the most ghetto neighborhood in town

that's just an exaggerated example of stinginess when it comes to financial funds

don't be afraid to buy what you need

be afraid to buy what you want

I sold some stuff and made money, I am 16 and just applied for some jobs. I am still in school. I just have enough money for the 390 atm

Yeah but they just so happen to be the better ones :D and considering the fact that Gigabyte's 390 is being complained about and so is Asus' 390...

There are also PowerColor, VTX3D, HIS and Club3D.

All of those companys make really good graphic cards, which are - depending on the price - totally worth it.

There are also PowerColor, VTX3D, HIS and Club3D.

All of those companys make really good graphic cards, which are - depending on the price - totally worth it.

I guess, but the ones I listed appear to be the most recognised... I'm not saying those brands are bad :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I guess, but the ones I listed appear to be the most recognised... I'm not saying those brands are bad :P

They are the most recognised because people suggest them all the time for no reason.  :rolleyes:

Anyways, I don't think I have to explain that to you. I think you got the point. :P

Sapphire = Cooler and fast

MSI = faster and cool

Pretty much.

If you're looking at a 390 Sapphire and MSI should be your first two options to consider.

I'd say go for the MSI; better warranty.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Pretty much.

If you're looking at a 390 Sapphire and MSI should be your first two options to consider.

I'd say go for the MSI; better warranty.

But which one has a better customer service? I'll probably end up buying warranty at micro center. Saves time

But which one has a better customer service? I'll probably end up buying warranty at micro center. Saves time

If you're buying the warranty at Micro Center then why care about the customer service of either Sapphire or MSI?

Sapphire has better customer service compared to MSI i hear but just barely.

"If you ain't first, you're last"