GeForce GTX 980Ti or Quadro M4000

//FTP

Hello! I am currently building a pc and I can't seem to choose a great graphics card. I have narrowed my choices to a Geforce GTX 980Ti or a Quadro M4000. The computer will be used for medium gaming and medium to heavy 3d design and rendering.

Thanks,

Scott

The Quadro M4000 will be far more useful for 3D design and rendering than the 980ti, and it should be more than capable of playing games well despite its design, so the Quadro M4000.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Hello! I am currently building a pc and I can't seem to choose a great graphics card. I have narrowed my choices to a Geforce GTX 980Ti or a Quadro M4000. The computer will be used for medium gaming and medium to heavy 3d design and rendering.

Thanks,

Scott

The 980ti will perform better in gaming and should do a great job in rendering tasks, and competes quite well with the quadro in many aspects

the Quadro will beat the 980ti in certain rendering aspects, but it depends on the software you are using and if its optimised for use with Quadros

basically if gaming is a major concern, as well as rendering, then the 980ti is a good bet

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Thanks,

Scott

Depends on the software you use. Most will rely on cpu rendering and gpu preview, so investing big bucks and expecting faster renders might be a lie. I had quadros and firepros and the only thing they did was limit the the help for my cpus. Right now going for hd 7990 for its open cl performance

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Heavy 3D leads me down the road of recommending the Quadro.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

What would be some 3D software that would benefit from the Quadro?

What would be some 3D software that would benefit from the Quadro?

Auto Desk programs come to mind. Since I know for a fact that a HD 4250 is far stronger than a Quadro NVS110M (the particular Mobility Radeon HD 4250 I'm talking about is used as a secondary GPU with 256MB dedicated vRAM) in all tasks until it comes to programs such as 3DS Max7, where the NVS110M  beats the hell out of it despite its age.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL