CD Projekt says Cyberpunk 2077 will be "bigger, far bigger" - than The Witcher 3

Bloodyvalley

I love cyberpunk. I almost dropped my jaw when I saw the teaser in january 2013. Sadly NOTHING has happened since then, publicly, and CDPR has even stated we won't hear anything about it until 2016/17, which means it won't be released until 2017. Such a shame. Witcher 3 looks nice, but honestly, with open world games, especially when trying to be gigantic, just ends up being filled with time wasting nonsense.

I'd prefer a lot more quality in a smaller space then giant areas wasting my time.

Exactly. I'm hugely looking forward to Cyberpunk2077. But I don't see why they are shooting for size.

Having a rich interesting environment, and a well paced RPG is far more important.

unfortunately the cyberpunk genre is mostly ignored :/ lets hope this changes that. ill probably book a week off work or something when it comes out and have a fridge full of red bulls and coffee, 

Sadly yes, which is why I'm much more hyped about these games when they finally do come. There are however more and more cyberpunk indie games lately. like the Shadowrun games, DEX and Satellite Reign, although these are XCOM style or platformer games, which I'm not a huge fan of. Remember Me, for the bad fighting mechanics and restrictive world, was still so very beautiful and had and amazing looking world. Would love to see that style continue in another game.

It did get me thinking though, with this very large world. They really should consider co op gameplay or something like that. I don't care for MMO's, but co op games like borderlands and the division are amazing fun. Sign me up or a pallet of Red Bull too :D

Exactly. I'm hugely looking forward to Cyberpunk2077. But I don't see why they are shooting for size.

Having a rich interesting environment, and a well paced RPG is far more important.

It's a trade off I guess. If you do an open world game, and there is not a lot of fluff in the world, it will seem empty and dead. It's why you can do so much crap in Witcher 3, and I have to admit, it makes the world seem very alive. The problem in Witcher 3 is that everything is so huge, and you end up spending way too much time, just going from a to b, even with a horse and fast travel. I wonder how they will pull that off in C2077, as cyberpunk is always in big cities, filled with skyscrapers and compact slum in the streets. How they are going to make a larger map, idk. I hope what they mean is a lot more stuff in the world, rather then a larger map.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Sadly yes, which is why I'm much more hyped about these games when they finally do come. There are however more and more cyberpunk indie games lately. like the Shadowrun games, DEX and Satellite Reign, although these are XCOM style or platformer games, which I'm not a huge fan of. Remember Me, for the bad fighting mechanics and restrictive world, was still so very beautiful and had and amazing looking world. Would love to see that style continue in another game.

It did get me thinking though, with this very large world. They really should consider co op gameplay or something like that. I don't care for MMO's, but co op games like borderlands and the division are amazing fun. Sign me up or a pallet of Red Bull too :D

It's a trade off I guess. If you do an open world game, and there is not a lot of fluff in the world, it will seem empty and dead. It's why you can do so much crap in Witcher 3, and I have to admit, it makes the world seem very alive. The problem in Witcher 3 is that everything is so huge, and you end up spending way too much time, just going from a to b, even with a horse and fast travel. I wonder how they will pull that off in C2077, as cyberpunk is always in big cities, filled with skyscrapers and compact slum in the streets. How they are going to make a larger map, idk. I hope what they mean is a lot more stuff in the world, rather then a larger map.

apparently remember me 2 has the story written just needs the green light for production and i enjoyed the first one despite its flaws so i really want a second that counters those flaws.

yeah the indie games are there fortunately im a fan of the shadowrun games, but its triple A and B (or double A games) (eg mirrors edge) where cyber punk is lacking. we just need a way to kill steampunk.

i enjoyed the journeys in witcher 3 but i think that will less of an issue in a cyber punk game since you theoretically will be able to travel faster, if by cybernetics or hitch-hiking, also if the world has a lot of verticality then it will be pretty hype, eg alot of fully detailed interiors for skyscrapers and external areas

apparently remember me 2 has the story written just needs the green light for production and i enjoyed the first one despite its flaws so i really want a second that counters those flaws.

yeah the indie games are there fortunately im a fan of the shadowrun games, but its triple A and B (or double A games) (eg mirrors edge) where cyber punk is lacking. we just need a way to kill steampunk.

i enjoyed the journeys in witcher 3 but i think that will less of an issue in a cyber punk game since you theoretically will be able to travel faster, if by cybernetics or hitch-hiking, also if the world has a lot of verticality then it will be pretty hype, eg alot of fully detailed interiors for skyscrapers and external areas

Sweet! The two biggest issues with RM was that the fighting mechanics sucked. You could just see it was a typical gamepad based generic Japanese fighting crap (seriously Japanese games are becoming more and more obsolete in every way). Neo Paris was amazingly beautiful, but all locations where like a maze of invisible walls, so you couldn't explore anything.

I would love for it to just switch genres and become like a third person shooter similar to Deus Ex Human Revolution. More story and less beating up mindless drones. Also get proper pc controls. Seriously even the menu is horrible to navigate.

It would be very interesting to see large parts of C2077 take place in skyscrapers or facilities/factories of mega corporations. That and then have small back alley bio mod and tech shops like the animal shops in Blade Runner.

I don't think steam punk is the problem, but rather fantasy games in a middle earth like world. There's just too many of them, and everything is becoming generic. I mean it's limited what you can do with a middle age world, where everything is made of stone and wood with only gravel roads.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

The problem in Witcher 3 is that everything is so huge, and you end up spending way too much time, just going from a to b, even with a horse and fast travel. I wonder how they will pull that off in C2077, as cyberpunk is always in big cities, filled with skyscrapers and compact slum in the streets. How they are going to make a larger map, idk. I hope what they mean is a lot more stuff in the world, rather then a larger map.

I expect drive-able vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077.

I'd wait until they clarify what they mean about being bigger than Witcher 3.

This shouldn't come as no surprise to anyone on how they're talking up the game. I loved Witcher 3, but I feel like the Cyberpunk genre needs a game that CD can poop out.

If they follow the same formula they have for Witcher 3, CP will be a nice game. I just hope they don't have a main character that you play as that isn't customizable. Geralt is a good character, but I'd rather make my own rather than playing as someone else's designed character.

I expect drive-able vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077.

That would honestly be amazing. Considering they have a blade runneresque flying cars in the teaser, it would be awesome to have those. I really like Watch Dogs, which are cyberpunk at heart, in a very near or alternate now, which is awesome. If we can get the world of Deus Ex, Akira and similar in a GTA clone, with a lot of story elements and a lot of exploration inside of buildings, I would love to spend 100+ hours in it.

This is why CDPR needs to talk about this game, because we have no clue about the game.

Im a bit out of the loop here. Does this game have a connection to blade runner? I hope it does...

This is why CDPR needs to talk about this game, because we have no clue about the game.

While it has been in development the majority of their resources for the last couple years had been diverted to Witcher3 which was only logical... From now onwards i'm sure we will get more info.

Im a bit out of the loop here. Does this game have a connection to blade runner? I hope it does...

No. It's just a similar sort of imaginary world. Cyber-punk, future, etc...

Similar setting to Deus Ex And Blade Runner.

Agreed. Sheer world size != content. But this statement from CDPR isn't necessarily a bad thing. Video game world sizes are always expanding. The huge procedurally generated worlds made famous by Minecraft have spawned into a whole genre.

But, as I think many of these Early Access Hugeass Empty games are guilty of, and to a smaller extent titles like Skyrim/Witcher/DAInquisition, world size for world size's sake makes a boring game, on its own.

In the end this statement from CDPR is somewhat meaningless without more context. Okay, the world is huge. But maybe there's hovercars, dropships, suborbital planes and shit that can blast you across the vast world in minutes, seconds. In that case it's not size for size's sake, it's creating a big enough playground for certain mobility options. It could end up being dumb to walk across the world of Cyberpunk 2077, but that dumb decision may be on the player. Why walk? Get a car.

Quality content is paramount, and I expect a huge world to at least have locales of dense content, but if Witcher 1 and 2 are any indication, CDPR is pretty decent at that. I haven't reached Witcher 3 yet. I'm stoked for this game because fantasy is only my second fav. fictional genre. Hell yeah more sci-fi.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

While it has been in development the majority of their resources for the last couple years had been diverted to Witcher3 which was only logical... From now onwards i'm sure we will get more info.

True, which annoys me as I'm tired of fantasy games (I like tech, not middle age crap and magic). But I take comfort in knowing that CDPR learned a LOT about open world games in the Witcher 3, and it shows. That expertise is hopefully transferred to the C2077 dev crew.

I just hope they take NVidia's GameWorks and shove it up where it belongs, and go with something better and vendor neutral. I really hope they are done with NVidia sponsorships, that makes the game poorly optimized for AMD. Awesome to see Deus Ex Mankind Divided be an AMD game, which means it will run awesome on all graphics cards, including TressFX (which also runs great on NVidia cards). Nixxes, who makes the pc ports for eidos, really does amazing work (hitman, tomb raider, thief, deus ex human revolution).

Speaking of Mankind Divided, I just saw a preview of Deus Ex Mankind Divided, and OMFG I want that game right now!

Contains spoilers

Really want to play this game, can't wait :D
Love the theme and approach and them saying it will be big, well I just want to roam and do stuff and explore :D

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

So in other words Skyrim is still a bigger game :P . Cyberpunk 2077 will have to be bigger than not just TW3, but Skyrim as well (including all 2 main DLC + the community created DLC).

No. I have played both extensively (I think hundreds of hours on each qualifies as extensively) and Skyrim is tiny by comparison. The thing about Skyrim is that it gets what many "sandboxes" do not get right which is enough for you to just come up with your own narrative: Many more directionless quests, house purchase, spouces, etc. People play Skyrim overall more hours because of that level of abstraction in which you can come up with several different things to well, role play. In witcher 3 however, you're pretty much Geralt every single time. Having a choice in the skills and in a few of the quests isn't enough as having a much more empty vessel for you to fill. However Witcher 3 is so damn overall extensive it takes at least 300 or 400 hours to explore everything about Geralt, not including the expansion or new game+

-------

Current Rig

-------

I love cyberpunk. I almost dropped my jaw when I saw the teaser in january 2013. Sadly NOTHING has happened since then, publicly, and CDPR has even stated we won't hear anything about it until 2016/17, which means it won't be released until 2017. Such a shame. Witcher 3 looks nice, but honestly, with open world games, especially when trying to be gigantic, just ends up being filled with time wasting nonsense.

I'd prefer a lot more quality in a smaller space then giant areas wasting my time.

But february next year is the launch date of Deus Ex Mankind Divided! I LOVE Human Revolution (100% achievements in DE:HR, DE:TML and DE:HR DC, so I played the game like 5 times). I am so hyped for it.

As for Cyberpunk 2077. Well CDPR has made a classic in the Witcher 3 and set a new golden standard. If they can do the same with C2077, then I'l happily buy it and play the 1500 hours it might take. Frack getting laid, I got Cyberpunk :lol: ​

There is no open world game, that does quests better, than Witcher 3, there is no game besides The Witcher 3, that doesn´t have the problem of combining an open world and not getting away from the main story... The witcher 3 is one of the best open world and RPG games, that were ever made...

No. I have played both extensively (I think hundreds of hours on each qualifies as extensively) and Skyrim is tiny by comparison. The thing about Skyrim is that it gets what many "sandboxes" do not get right which is enough for you to just come up with your own narrative: Many more directionless quests, house purchase, spouces, etc. People play Skyrim overall more hours because of that level of abstraction in which you can come up with several different things to well, role play. In witcher 3 however, you're pretty much Geralt every single time. Having a choice in the skills and in a few of the quests isn't enough as having a much more empty vessel for you to fill. However Witcher 3 is so damn overall extensive it takes at least 300 or 400 hours to explore everything about Geralt, not including the expansion or new game+

They were talking about completing the game in 25-50 hours so........

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yeah, if you run past all enemy encounters (which you can) and click away past all cut scenes and dialogue. You know, the same kind of speed run people do of other games that cuts em down to 20 minutes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Considering the insane amount of content in witcher 3 this should be a huge game.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

i hope they will add character creation in this game preferably male and female. 

And you can complete Skyrim in less than 40min, so it dosen't really matter what is minimum time to finish a game.

• 2 weeks later...

No. It's just a similar sort of imaginary world. Cyber-punk, future, etc...

Similar setting to Deus Ex And Blade Runner.

good'nuff!

If TW3 is anything to go by then there is no reason why Cyberpunk 2077 won't be amazing as well, but until reviews come out I'm not gonna commit to buying it. Still, I can't help but feel super excited about this one, CDPR made their name on The Witcher series, and I'm interested to see whether they're a one trick pony or not.

And even if they are a one trick pony, they've released one of my most favourite games of all time and one that I'll still be playing 20 years from now and that makes me happy.

As an aside, I love games with big well thought out stories and that take me 60+ hours to complete, and especially games where I can make storyline decisions and choose how things turn out, so Cyberpunk is right up my alley.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

And you can complete Skyrim in less than 40min, so it dosen't really matter what is minimum time to finish a game.

Right.......does that include all of the quests? (And TW3 has the same kind of side quests that don't as make much sense at times.....). And that is only 1 main quest that was finished in 40 minutes. So the term "finished the game" reall doesn't apply, only "finished a main quest) at the end of the day, yes the minimum time doesn't matter, games aren't meant to be rushed but enjoyed.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Right.......does that include all of the quests? (And TW3 has the same kind of side quests that don't as make much sense at times.....). And that is only 1 main quest that was finished in 40 minutes. So the term "finished the game" reall doesn't apply, only "finished a main quest) at the end of the day, yes the minimum time doesn't matter, games aren't meant to be rushed but enjoyed.

I can complete Skyrim within a minute just by typing in a console command.

None of that means anything. Like you said, games like that aren't meant to be rushed to get to the final boss or whatever the hell.