PC Gaming Controller Reccomendations Similar to Xb360 Controller?

Fiskander

Any good controllers for PC Gaming? Needs to be good for almost any game. My 360 controller wont work for some reason. 

I use an XB360 controller. You can also use XBOne Controller. Or a Nice logitech one if you dont mind the classic Playstation style layout.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Xb 360 controller

Xbone Controller.

PS4 controller.

PS3 controller.

PS2 controller with adapter.

3rd Party controller off ebay!

What's a good 3rd party controller? any brands or links?

The razr 360 controller? idk lmao

Logitech?

I haven't used a controller on a PC for years, and I have never bought one!

Logitech?

I haven't used a controller on a PC for years, and I have never bought one!

Yeah logitech make good USB controllers, usually not in the Xbox layout though

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

The Xbox 360 Controller is known to be the absolutely perfect controller to use for PC games.

However, I am looking into the Xbox One controller (the revised one with the built-in 3.5mm audio jack, and the refined bumpers). But unfortunately, the revised version doesn't have it's own iteration for PC users with it's own adapter and such. At least from what I know of.

Any good controllers for PC Gaming? Needs to be good for almost any game. My 360 controller wont work for some reason. 

The wireless controllers don't work regardless of a usb cord attachment, the wired ones do unless you didn't get it's driver or it's completely broken

I used a wired xbox 360 controller for basically every game, besides RTSs

As for third party, logitech does good work in that field and have a good rep

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

heres an insane idea. use a wired xbox 360 controller.

it has to be wired, wireless with a cable wont work. and if it doesnt work, then make sure you have the xbox gamepad drivers installed, though they have come default on windows since xp.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

There's not really a reason to get a 3rd party controller if you're looking for quality. There's usually a reason console brands settle upon controller designs, because they're the best their massive design team could come up with.

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

If it is a wireless controller than you needa buy wireless dongle thing, i got a $3 one from ebay

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

Do you have a wireless XBox 360 controller? You need a wireless dongle even if you have the plug and charge kit.

The wireless controllers don't work regardless of a usb cord attachment, the wired ones do unless you didn't get it's driver or it's completely broken

I used a wired xbox 360 controller for basically every game, besides RTSs

As for third party, logitech does good work in that field and have a good rep

heres an insane idea. use a wired xbox 360 controller.

it has to be wired, wireless with a cable wont work. and if it doesnt work, then make sure you have the xbox gamepad drivers installed, though they have come default on windows since xp.

It's annoying, you have to have that big USB wireless dongle to use the wireless controller even wired. My plug and charge kit can't hold charge for anything now (I bought it in 2006) so I have to play with the wireless dongle on one USB port and the plug and charge kit on the other. It's so stupid to have to use a wireless dongle to play wired lol.

Also, Microsoft only sells that dongle bundled with the wireless controller for Windows now, so you have to go to ebay to get one (or a Chinese knockoff).

It's annoying, you have to have that big USB wireless dongle to use the wireless controller even wired. My plug and charge kit can't hold charge for anything now (I bought it in 2006) so I have to play with the wireless dongle on one USB port and the plug and charge kit on the other. It's so stupid to have to use a wireless dongle to play wired lol.

If you buy an actual wired controller, then you don't need the dongle. If you buy a wireless, and try to use the charging cable to connect it to your pc, then you will need the dongle.

Just go to gamestop and buy a 20$ xbox wired controller. They have tons.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Yep, it's called Mouse and Keyboard

They are not normally meant for gaming. But hey, if you want precision (with the expense of arthritis, wrist cramps, etc.), then more power to you.

They are not normally meant for gaming. But hey, if you want precision (with the expense of arthritis, wrist cramps, etc.), then more power to you.

Some games demand analog control, some games benefit more from the precision of digital controls. Both are completely valid choices and a PC gamer should have access to both.

For my part, 20+ years of PC gaming—99%+ of the time on a keyboard and mouse—has not once resulted in a cramp or any sign of arthritis.