Fallout 4 being completely voiced -

Hunched

Interactions are in 3rd person, so you will see your face. I've caught all the interviews with the voice over team, it's pretty clear they tried their best and the project meant a lot to them. But you asked a question, I answered it :)

I know I probably sound like a broken record right now, but I really am just waiting for the next game to top DA:I for voice acting/soundtrack because I have heard literally nothing close thus far. (I hope someone can top it before ME4 comes out because CBA waiting for another bioware game.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Interactions are in 3rd person, so you will see your face. I've caught all the interviews with the voice over team, it's pretty clear they tried their best and the project meant a lot to them. But you asked a question, I answered it :)

I remember that now, when he was talking to the Mr. Handy robot.

I kinda hope the 3rd person view during interactions aren't mandatory, though it's not a big deal I guess. 

I'd prefer to always be in 1st person if possible.

I remember that now, when he was talking to the Mr. Handy robot.

I kinda hope the 3rd person view during interactions aren't mandatory, though it's not a big deal I guess. 

I'd prefer to always be in 1st person if possible.

The speculation is that you're stuck with it, but it's just speculation. I thought the scenes in Witcher 3 were the only thing worth anything in the game so as long as the writing is there I'm happy. OMG, did I just say I hope the writing is good in a Bethesda game? That's almost as bad as saying I hope it isn't buggy. LOL

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I'm not really looking forward to it to be honest. I'm not sure I can take an entire protagonists worth of Bethesda grade voice acting. 

I think it's good personally.

Having a lot of content is nice, but I've always found it jarring in games to have random conversations which are voiced and others which are not. Much better to be consistently one or the other in my opinion - and so long as Fallout 4 still brings with it a decent number of opportunities to choose multiple dialogue options, I'll still be happy with it.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I'm not really looking forward to it to be honest. I'm not sure I can take an entire protagonists worth of Bethesda grade voice acting. 

It's Troy Baker so... (I think)

Oh wait it's not.. wtf

It's someone who sounds exactly like him.

You must hate every RPG that's 10-15+ years old.

They're pretty good

That why I hate literally every rpg.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Personally I don't mind it and will use it even if a mod allows the disabling of the character voice. To me the game looks really nice as is and basically it allows me to be able to role play a bit better seeing as I role play the main character rather than some random knob raider.

Also while reading unless I've heard the characters voice before it's really hard for me to mentally hear voice and tone so this helps.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Ohmyghawd!?! I didn't even think of the reduction in dialogue choices. I have multiple good (+) and bad (-) thoughts that come to mind

• Although Bethesda makes awesome games, their NPC's dialogue is laughable (-)
  • Bethesda's writing is also not that good. Their gameplay and overall story is what makes their games strong (-/+)
  • I hope having a character that has a voice makes the game more immersive since I never really felt like I was the character in previous fallouts (+)
  • You say dumb downed, I think the opposite. The may have reduced choices but they have added multiple new features like minecraft style crafting, more detailed weapon/armor customization, etc (+)
  • Even though Fallout 3 had multiple dialogue options, they were funneled down to only 2-4 possible outcomes anyway most of the time. NV offered more outcomes but too many in some cases, when it came to the ending I was too focused making sure I made the right choices to have fun. I'm hoping Fallout 4 has a nice mix of both (+)

Overall, I think it will work out. I'm currently just avoiding most news to prevent getting over hyped :P

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)