Dual vs Quad Channel | DDR3 / DDR4

Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Gaming and Video editing, i assume in gaming no, and editing yes

How much editing? Honestly, I don't think even in editing that you'll notice a big difference.

Heys guys!

I wont make this question long:

Is there a big difference in performance between Dual and Quad channel on 16gb of ram, and if there is a big difference, is it the same between DDR3 and DDR4?

Thanks guys! 

:D

For what purposes exactly?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

For what purposes exactly?

Realistically, there's a very tiny latency difference, unless you're performing heavy workloads. As shown in some of Linus' videos, there's an intangible difference in performance between ddr4 and ddr3 in use. 

- Posted by Aaron Kuo

How much editing? Honestly, I don't think even in editing that you'll notice a big difference.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Realistically, there's a very tiny latency difference, unless you're performing heavy workloads. As shown in some of Linus' videos, there's an intangible difference in performance between ddr4 and ddr3 in use. 

okok thx :D

not much difference

the CAS timings on the DDR4 is slower and negates the effect of the faster RAM speed

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

not much difference

the CAS timings on the DDR4 is slower and negates the effect of the faster RAM speed

thx m9

no difference at all

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020