Switching from 2 970 to 1 980 ti

Ahsan041

Hey guys, I currently have 2 gtx 970 in sli. The problem with this setup is 1 of the gpu is always 10 C higher than the other (since the graphics card are not blower style). I initially thought of watercooling the whole setup but I do not want to plunge into 600-800 dollars for the cooling. So I was thinking of selling the 2 gtx 970s and getting a 980 ti instead. At price do u think I should sell these gpus for? I live in canada, but the cards were bought from different countries. I have the gigabyte g1 version. Do you think these cards have international warranties? Where should I sell these?

Do you think I should still switch? 

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think you should replace your cards.

I know i should not. But its the temps. that makes me wanna switch

What temps are they running at?

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

What temps are they running at?

When im gaming, 1 is at 66-70, and the other is at 80C

I know i should not. But its the temps. that makes me wanna switch

970 sli is probably going to run cooler in your system than one 980ti. (especially if you overclock both, which you should.)

Just saying.

And it isn't an improvement from a graphics perspective.

But generally speaking selling GPU's for say 75% of their brand new value is a fairly decent place to start. It's hard because market is so variable.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

970 sli is probably going to run cooler in your system than one 980ti. (especially if you overclock both, which you should.)

Just saying.

And it isn't an improvement from a graphics perspective.

But generally speaking selling GPU's for say 75% of their brand new value is a fairly decent place to start. It's hard because market is so variable.

But where should I sell them if I do decide?

Whoa, 80C is pretty hot. I would do the switch. Your best bet for selling them is probably eBay or Craigslist.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Whoa, 80C is pretty hot. I would do the switch. Your best bet for selling them is probably eBay or Craigslist.

ikr...the switch is a better option than going watercooling

Nooooooooo you don't want to get dual 970, trust me..

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC

Nooooooooo you don't want to get dual 970, trust me..

As the title says I want to switch from dual 970 to 1 980 ti

Hey guys, I currently have 2 gtx 970 in sli. The problem with this setup is 1 of the gpu is always 10 C higher than the other (since the graphics card are not blower style). I initially thought of watercooling the whole setup but I do not want to plunge into 600-800 dollars for the cooling. So I was thinking of selling the 2 gtx 970s and getting a 980 ti instead. At price do u think I should sell these gpus for? I live in canada, but the cards were bought from different countries. I have the gigabyte g1 version. Do you think these cards have international warranties? Where should I sell these?

Do you think I should still switch? 

Any help would be appreciated.

dont switch... jesus, its only 10 degrees and ur gonna lose performance and money. just leave your case side panel open and it will drop a few degrees... live with a free heater>spending hundreds more on a few degrees less. you could probably buy a fan to blow into it for cheaper tbh 

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

I swapped my 970 sli setup for a 980ti g1 card from gigabyte and it smashes my sli benchmarks in every game I play by 40fps in some cases! Memory doesn't stack so the 6gb in the 980ti crushes it! I built a budget rig around my old 970's and sold it for $800 which paid for my new card. Good luck! See you on the battlefield!!

I swapped my 970 sli setup for a 980ti g1 card from gigabyte and it smashes my sli benchmarks in every game I play by 40fps in some cases! Memory doesn't stack so the 6gb in the 980ti crushes it! I built a budget rig around my old 970's and sold it for $800 which paid for my new card. Good luck! See you on the battlefield!!

If I cud only sell it for 800$. I dont think mine has warranty since I didnot buy them from canada

You can sell just the cards separate or together. EBay had them listed from $260-280 us. Most used electronics only have the manufactures warranty anyway. And then only if they've never been over clocked!

Third temps are fine dude, if u were hitting 83 and thermal throttling then it would be something to consider

Set up a fan profile that spike high after 72 degrees so ur top card gets better cooling, that's what I did before adding a sli fan f25f4c685410f07f74cf2ad0f06ad5f3.jpg

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Third temps are fine dude, if u were hitting 83 and thermal throttling then it would be something to consider

Set up a fan profile that spike high after 72 degrees so ur top card gets better cooling, that's what I did before adding a sli fan f25f4c685410f07f74cf2ad0f06ad5f3.jpg

How did u do that?

How did u do that?

Currently it now looks a bit different as I cut the whole circle out for the fan and temps dropped 13 degrees on both cards with mad overclocks on,

I drilled all the little wholes out took about a hour but then I decided more airflow would be better so I used a jigsaw to cut out the circle

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933