Project Eden Recruitment - Katana Squadron

Corwin111

And here I come, to make this an even more complicated decision. Some of you may know me but it doesn't really matter at this stage. :)

Edit: By popular demand, Explosive Kittens, not being sufficiently ominous and awe-inspiring, is hereby renamed to Katana Squadron. ;)

Acceptance will be completely free for the time being. We have sixteen spots to fill. As the time passes, free recruitment will be closed. If you accept the invitation, be advised that you are agreeing to setting aside some of your time (TBD but not unreasonably much) for training sessions with me, your squadron mates, as well as the other three Project Eden squadrons, until we turn them all into a truly elite force. Regular non-attendees will be booted and talent will be rewarded and promoted. You will each get the chance to advance to command of your own (four person) wing within the squadron, and eventually a squadron of your own.

Well that's pretty much it for now. Apply in this thread, including also the ships that you own in SC, and I will update the OP accordingly. We are still very much fleshing the entire structure of the UOLTT military out, so updates and clarifications will follow as they become available.

See you in the Verse!

Corwin

Katana Squadron

Commanding

EmhWNA5.png

Members so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRSkd6Z5Ps5dBigh_jeR94E6xeshhinmiIcntMyBDUg/edit?usp=sharing

Pretty nice logo. I want to but my flight abilities suck and I don't have a working pc right atm or the time to put in for training.  :(  (PS I need a flight stick to)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'm in. (If I'm welcome of course :))

Ships currently in my hangar:

Gladius

Vanguard with both hot-swap modules

Carrack

Hull C

Herald

Cutlass Black

350R

I managed to get my gaming pc in order so I should get back to flying more often. Haven't touched SC in quite some time now...

I'm in. (If I'm welcome of course :))

Ships currently in my hangar:

Gladius

Vanguard with both hot-swap modules

Carrack

Hull C

Herald

Cutlass Black

350R

I managed to get my gaming pc in order so I should get back to flying more often. Haven't touched SC in quite some time now...

Welcome aboard. :)

Pretty nice logo. I want to but my flight abilities suck and I don't have a working pc right atm or the time to put in for training.  :(  (PS I need a flight stick to)

Well, the invitation is open until all 16 spots are filled. If you feel ready before that, you'd be welcome. And don't worry about your flying. There will be basic flight training for everyone, once we're all set.  And when the Baby PU and multi crew are out, we'll be ready to start working out the more complicated stuff with the other squadrons.  :)

I'm starting to think we will now have more wings than we need...

I'll join in with you guys on this one. Current usable ship is a cutlass, but I have enough rec to pretty much get anything. Beyond that, I can upgrade another ship to anything else. Otherwise I can be a +1 on any of the multi-crew options.

Main problem in regards to fighting is I haven't customized my stick sensitivity curves, so my aiming in fixed weapon targeting is awkward. That and I am not up to date on weapon range and fall off in regards to distance.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I'm starting to think we will now have more wings than we need...

I'll join in with you guys on this one. Current usable ship is a cutlass, but I have enough rec to pretty much get anything. Beyond that, I can upgrade another ship to anything else. Otherwise I can be a +1 on any of the multi-crew options.

Main problem in regards to fighting is I haven't customized my stick sensitivity curves, so my aiming in fixed weapon targeting is awkward. That and I am not up to date on weapon range and fall off in regards to distance.

Welcome to the team. And don't worry about the sensitivity curves, we'll figure all the controller issues out before we start.

In the meantime this thread has a wealth of information on advanced control mappings:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/110454/guide-actionmap-and-controller-mapping/p1

And here is the sensitivity curve I use, but you will probably want to tweak one of your own in the long term:

<options type="joystick" instance="1">      <master>            <nonlinearity_curve>		<point in="0.05" out="0.001"/>                <point in="0.1" out="0.003"/>                <point in="0.2" out="0.02"/>                <point in="0.3" out="0.05"/>                <point in="0.4" out="0.1"/>                <point in="0.5" out="0.25"/>                <point in="0.6" out="0.45"/>                <point in="0.7" out="0.59"/>                <point in="0.8" out="0.7"/>                <point in="0.9" out="0.84"/>                <point in="1.0" out="1.0"/>            </nonlinearity_curve></master>    </options>