Xbox One only displaying 640x480 on my Monitor

Hey guys,

Wondering if I could get a little help here. I recently got an Acer XB280HK monitor as a gift, and was planning on using it as my primary display for my Xbox since my TV recently died on me. After a long time of trial and error finally got the thing to display on the monitor but it will only display at 640x480 and will constantly make the screen go black if I change the input to a higher resolution.

I've done hard resets, the graphic resets l, and still can't get it to output to go any higher.

I'm using one of these ( http://www.startech.com/m/AV/Converters/Video/Active-HDMI-or-DVI-to-DisplayPort-Converter~HDMI2DP ) since it's required to allow me to use the DisplayPort on the monitor and the only input method for the monitor.

Monitor Specs : http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.PB0AA.001

Any input is welcome and Thanks in advance.

try disabling g-sync and setting the resolution to 1080p

hope that helps

Core i7 2600, Gigabyte GTX 570, Asus P8Z68-V LX, 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston ValueRam, CoolerMaster 600Watt PSU

@XTankSlayerX - That might be a possibility, but I have seen it work on a different G-Sync DisplayPort only display on a video for the Converter. So it shouldn't be interfering with it to much.

@TheGabblerCV - I honestly don't know how to do that due the menus on this guy sucking pretty bad, but I believe I did as there was one setting that had there options, Off, Normal, or Extreme and have tried changing the resolution on the Xbox to 1080 and 720 , it still coming up blank.

@iiTrixxHD - Unfortunately I have tried that many times with no luck at the moment.

@Jack0fBlad3s

Is there an HDCP setting on the Xbox? (There is on ps4) If so, turn it to whatever settings it's not on. I'd guess it's currently enabled.

@watts300 - Unfortunately there's no toggle other than certain work arounds to "disable" HDCP, but there's no actual way to see if it's disabled. There's no safe boot mode like the PS4 either to my knowledge.

Go to "Display and Sound" and tinker around with the "TV connection" setting.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

@evilarceus - I've been doing constantly flipping through the setting from either HMDI or DVI connection, and still nothing. I'll be testing my out on my PS3 sometime tomorrow to see if the issue is with the Xbox or just the display itself.
Also this is the video where I discovered the converter and noticed he was also using a G-Sync monitor, and in his later videos you can see the Xbox also working on his display. 

A quick update, I just order an HDMI splitter that will hopefully allow me to strip the HDCP and make it run fine on the monitor.

This is what I got : http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004F9LVXC/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1444688132&sr=8-12π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=HDMI+splitter

Again thanks for all the help and advice guys. If you still have any ideas I'm all ears, though I really believe that the HDCP is the main cause of the issue since I've used my Xbox as the main port for movies and tv for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't that xbone native res though? Lol jk I love my xbox

A quick update, I just order an HDMI splitter that will hopefully allow me to strip the HDCP and make it run fine on the monitor.

This is what I got : http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004F9LVXC/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1444688132&sr=8-12π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=HDMI+splitter

Again thanks for all the help and advice guys. If you still have any ideas I'm all ears, though I really believe that the HDCP is the main cause of the issue since I've used my Xbox as the main port for movies and tv for a while.

Was just going to comment that unfortunately not all HDMI converters/adapters actually support HDCP properly, and so the Xbox is probably limiting the display resolution because it thinks its' video output is being copied.

The product you found on Amazon might solve your problem, or you may need to look into something like the DR HDMI which has different settings for repeating HDMI signals. And DRM is supposed to be good for the consumer huh.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 2 years later...

Setting up xbox one display is quite frustrating

It's probably dongle issues, although I doubt it, the problem here is your xbox doesn't recognize your monitor resolution.

I don't think spending money for another dongle worth it.

Mine was not even shows up when first installing, it just black screen, I fix it by ticking 50Hz option on display setting.

1 hour ago, 4kIsCool said:

Did it work?

Probably not.

Heard a couple of times Issues with Non nVidia Graphics devices and G-Sync Monitors.

Seems like these things don't work with anything other than nVidia Hardware...

I have a radical idea that might (or might not) work, but that's so much pain that its rarely worth it -> Replace the Display Control Board, maybe you have to even Replace the Power Supply.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"