humblebundle burnout paradise fps problem

Zanderb19

I bought the humbelbundle thingy and got burnout paradise. However I am unable to enjoy this game because it appears to be limited to 60FPS only. I searched the internet on a possible fix but could not find anything. There are no ingame options to disable vsync or fps limit.....

can anybody help me ??

specs?

'cause huskies,

Cal ;)

I don't think so, it appears you can't change anything, I can't even find the quit button.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Some game engines relies on them having a top-out framerate to function properly, much like Mirror's Edge and its 80ish FPS limit, above it may make things dirty.

It sometimes has to do with animations and stuff, and given that the game is also 60FPS on console i assume they want to sustain the experience across all the platforms.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

I don't think so, it appears you can't change anything, I can't even find the quit button.

you need to press f1 key on the menu a couple of times before you can exit the game... lol 

Probably can't change it if they don't have a vsync option. And how are you unable to enjoy the game at 60fps? Lol It's a lot better than 30fps

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

Some game engines relies on them having a top-out framerate to function properly, much like Mirror's Edge and its 80ish FPS limit, above it may make things dirty.

It sometimes has to do with animations and stuff, and given that the game is also 60FPS on console i assume they want to sustain the experience across all the platforms.

Ok well ill miss out on this game then because I get sick when I see such low FPS in a fastpaced game

it is limited to 60 fps, I can't find a way to turn that off either.

Press esc then f1 i think 2 times to get to the options menu to change visual settings and controls

I really didn't like the way they had the acceleration and handling mapped to 2 different sides of the keyboard.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Ok well ill miss out on this game then because I get sick when I see such low FPS in a fastpaced game

Is 60 FPS really too low for you? If so, then you must be EXTREMELY sensitive motion sickness.

What are your system specs? Do you have trouble reaching the 60 FPS? Do you even have a monitor capable of 120Hz?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

most monitors have a 60hz refresh rate which is basically 60fps. If your monitor is 60Hz, having an fps of more than 60 is useless

CPU: i5 3570K; Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V; RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB); GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr; Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition; Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue (500GB); PSU: Thermaltake Modular PSU 750 Watts

60FPS is plenty of FPS for a game like Burnout, going to 120FPS is somewhat useless, even in my older system with dips to 40ish FPS i was still doing pretty good at takedowns.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

I think the engine is made to cap out at 60fps because I saw on the dev diary a long long time ago that consoles also run at 60fps.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I think the engine is made to cap out at 60fps because I saw on the dev diary a long long time ago that consoles also run at 60fps.

Actually consoles (360 and ps3) run most games at 30fps. There are a FEW select titles that run at 60fps, but not many. One of the purported benefits of the next gen consoles (PS4 and xbox one) is the ability to do 60fps in 720p, and possibly in 1080p with enough tweaks.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Actually consoles (360 and ps3) run most games at 30fps. There are a FEW select titles that run at 60fps, but not many. One of the purported benefits of the next gen consoles (PS4 and xbox one) is the ability to do 60fps in 720p, and possibly in 1080p with enough tweaks.

I know that consoles run most games at 30 FPS. Burnout Paradise is EXTREMELY optimised for consoles. I have it on PS3 and have clocked way too many hours on it. I remember Criterion Games saying that they wanted the game to run at 60 FPS because at 30 FPS the game wouldn't be a smooth enough experience.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I know that consoles run most games at 30 FPS. Burnout Paradise is EXTREMELY optimised for consoles. I have it on PS3 and have clocked way too many hours on it. I remember Criterion Games saying that they wanted the game to run at 60 FPS because at 30 FPS the game wouldn't be a smooth enough experience.

Ah fair enough. It could be that Burnout is one of the few console games that run at 60fps. I used to have one of the burnout games for 360 (Might even have been Burnout Paradise) and it was quite smooth.

I only quoted you because your original post made it seem like you were saying that 60fps was a normal thing on consoles (which would be incorrect). My mistake :)

Ah fair enough. It could be that Burnout is one of the few console games that run at 60fps. I used to have one of the burnout games for 360 (Might even have been Burnout Paradise) and it was quite smooth.

I only quoted you because your original post made it seem like you were saying that 60fps was a normal thing on consoles (which would be incorrect). My mistake :)

No worries. Sorry to have sounded misleading :)

• 6 months later...

What is the problem ???
Why is so many people against high framerate gaming ???
Why Is that a problem ???
I don't like playing at 60 fps either ,, and yes I have capable monitors ( 144Hz )
This is something that is a personal preference , simply because your used to it .
I don´t understand all the haters .
If you can´t help , why put people down ???
That is not the way to behave in this or any other forum ... :(

What is the problem ???

Why is so many people against high framerate gaming ???

Why Is that a problem ???

I don't like playing at 60 fps either ,, and yes I have capable monitors ( 144Hz )

This is something that is a personal preference , simply because your used to it .

I don´t understand all the haters .

If you can´t help , why put people down ???

That is not the way to behave in this or any other forum ... :(

The "problem" is that the OP was rather vague about the whole thing. He didn't give system specs or elaborate on why 60FPS was a problem. The core to giving a proper solution is gaining the necessary details to understand the problem.

As an example, the problem might have been that the OP's system was simply not powerful enough to sustain the 60FPS cap (Maybe he was dipping below 45 or 30 FPS). We wouldn't know unless he gave us his system specs and details about what exactly causes him problems.

No one is saying more FPS is bad. However, to have someone find 60FPS gameplay "unplayable" is very rare. It's certainly possible that he is one of the extremely few minority that are that sensitive to motion sickness, but it was infinitely more likely that another issue was at cause.

In the case of Burnout Paradise, all research looks towards it being hard-coded with a 60FPS limit. If that's not enough for you, then I guess you'll miss out on this game. Unfortunately there may not be any work-arounds.

You made yourself clear , without a doubt .
I just thought your comment had a bit of an attitude ( i´m very sorry if i was wrong )
Unfortunately i saw similar comments on other forums , thrashing on people who like playing at high frame rate .
And that really bothers me . ( I hate tech bullys )
First of all because people spend their money and are free to play however they like .
Secondly because high fps gaming is something that you get use to , the difference is almost undetectable for someone that uses 60hz monitors ,
but if you only use high fps ones , every time you game at 60hz the game will feel very slow and non-responsive .
I have this problem a lot .
I played Burnout Paradise a long time ago in my old monitors at 60 hz and that was fine , I had a blast .
But since I have this 144hz monitors , i´m at a constant struggle to take frame limits from the games I like .
It´s very annoying .
Hope you understand where I'm coming from ... ;)

It could be worse it could be like the new need for speed which is limited to 30fps. And when you try to increase manually the game actually doubles in speed.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500