The new Humble Bundle and its implications.

First of all for the record, I bought the bundle as soon as I saw the link... The Sims starter pack alone costs about $80 in Australia, so paying $5 for 8 new titles is pretty jaw dropping.

I'm playing devils advocate here as I want to get a discussion going as to what people think the motivations behind this new bundle were. I like to think I'm a charitable person, but the problem is that the average purchase costs system of Humble Bundle means the price is always low and there is no incentive to pay more to the charities available. Even if they had only released half the games available they would likely still have made a significant amount of money for charity. Did you buy Dead Space 3 on release only to now find that people can grab it and 5 other titles for $1? Is Humble Bundle just becoming a staging front for big companies to gain publicity? The Humble Bundle weekly sale has now been completely overshadowed.

I'm interested to hear what other people think as nearly 500,000 bundles have been sold with over 13 days remaining, take care everyone and all the best.

36k79r.jpg

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

This *MIGHT* be a publicity stunt by EA to get everyone to like them again and but they are giving most of the money to charity except for the portion where people can give some to the humble bundle tip. I could be a desperate attempt by EA to make them more community friendly but I think overall it's for helping charity. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Some guy paid 1,300,000

Yeah i saw that.. im over here just hoping for a BF3 give away

I am a happy wuffy

I think it's a slippery slope, but in the end, if EA is willing to let their titles (good or bad) be sold at what is essentially "You set the price", then that's their choice. Many people think that the "Humble Bundle" type system should be reserved for Indie titles only, but when it comes right down to it, as a consumer, do I care why I'm getting 5 fairly good games for $4-6?

In addition to that, EA has decided to take ZERO cut of this. EA takes a lot of flak for being a douchy company with anti-consumer practices, but they are donating 100% of the revenue (Minus the humble bundle tip, which you can set to zero also if you want) for this bundle to charity.

That is a great cause, and I don't give a shit if it's for PR reasons or not. Neither does the person who can get better cancer or AIDS treatment as a result of this.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Some guy paid 1,300,000

The highest has been 1300$ this time. You put too many zeroes? 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Yeah i saw that.. im over here just hoping for a BF3 give away

I have a spare code if you would like it.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I have a spare code if you would like it.

That would be amazing!

Edit: the person who donated 1,300 shoulda bought aton for $10 and made us all happy

I am a happy wuffy

The highest has been 1300$ this time. You put too many zeroes? 

wow I'm dumb

I could have sworn it was 1,300,000

post-22146-0-42192000-1376531798.jpg

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

That would be amazing!

Edit: the person who donated 1,300 shoulda bought aton for $10 and made us all happy

It's been sent through and I don't that person would have liked to make 130 transactions  :D

wow I'm dumb

I could have sworn it was 1,300,000

i was thinking i saw that also..

I am a happy wuffy

It's been sent through and I don't that person would have liked to make 130 transactions  :D

Thanks so much!

I am a happy wuffy

This *MIGHT* be a publicity stunt by EA to get everyone to like them again and but they are giving most of the money to charity except for the portion where people can give some to the humble bundle tip. I could be a desperate attempt by EA to make them more community friendly but I think overall it's for helping charity. 

I honestly only see this much hate for EA on this forum and most of the people here are just bandwagon hating because of linus and slick.

Origin is fine, and Sim City was a mess up but lots of games are that are online on release day it's been fine ever since.

This bundle is for 2 reasons. 

1. Charity. They are very big into it and give a lot of money. Look at the Metal of Honour verterns charity they did also.

2. These are older titles with some having new iterations about to be released in the next year or so. If you haven't bought these games by now you probably won't at all. This way you can get them for cheap and see if you like it. Never played mirrors edge and like it well a new one is being released. Same with BF4 and Sims 4.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Well so what if it is a publicity stunt. I like it. Keep em coming.

I wouldnt mind a humble bundle like this from steam..

I am a happy wuffy

When origin pulled off their games from steam they said that they don't like the way steam sales happen and the discounts they offer. They thought that steam was hurting the developers. I don't know what they are planning giving way games for so cheap now. Charity is a good thing but why pull off the games from steam then?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I think they've staged this to get people to use origin, I hated origin when it first came out, was horrible, but it looks like they've revamped it, it doesn't look too bad. I just donated all the money I paid for this humble bundle to the various charities ahah.

#!

I think they've staged this to get people to use origin, I hated origin when it first came out, was horrible, but it looks like they've revamped it, it doesn't look too bad. I just donated all the money I paid for this humble bundle to the various charities ahah.

To be perfectly honest, if they staged this to get people to use Origin.. well, they failed. 3 of the 5 good games came with Steam Keys. Only BF3 and Dead Space 3 required Origin (Oh and The Sims 3, but I don't care about that one).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

To be perfectly honest, if they staged this to get people to use Origin.. well, they failed. 3 of the 5 good games came with Steam Keys. Only BF3 and Dead Space 3 required Origin (Oh and The Sims 3, but I don't care about that one).

Goddamn really?! Did it give you the option to use steam keys? when I purchased it they were all origin keys.

#!

Goddamn really?! Did it give you the option to use steam keys? when I purchased it they were all origin keys.

There's a tab at the top of your origin keys list that says "Origin", right beside it is a tab that says "Steam".

The following games come with Steam Keys:

Dead Space 1

Burnout Paradise

Crysis 2

Medal of Honor

Mirror's Edge

You also get a set of keys for both Steam and Origin for those 5 games.

The origin only games are Sims 3, Dead Space 3, and BF3

There's a tab at the top of your origin keys list that says "Origin", right beside it is a tab that says "Steam".

The following games come with Steam Keys:

Dead Space 1

Burnout Paradise

Crysis 2

Medal of Honor

Mirror's Edge

You also get a set of keys for both Steam and Origin for those 5 games.

The origin only games are Sims 3, Dead Space 3, and BF3

Once you have redeemed them in origin does that mean you cannot redeem them in steam? It doesn't matter either way for me but I don't want to double-purchase if I can help it :P

#!

Once you have redeemed them in origin does that mean you cannot redeem them in steam? It doesn't matter either way for me but I don't want to double-purchase if I can help it

You can redeem on both I believe. 

You can redeem on both I believe. 

+1

Once you have redeemed them in origin does that mean you cannot redeem them in steam? It doesn't matter either way for me but I don't want to double-purchase if I can help it :P

Yeah I think you get both the steam and origin version.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360