New iPhone Might Not Be Very Different

TGBSeth

FULL STORY: http://tgbuzz.com/234/new-iphone-might-not-be-very-different/

While talking to multiple analysts including Gene Munster, USA Today found that not many people expect major changes to be present in the iPhone 5S. With all of the “big” things having occurred in the iPhone 5 such as a larger screen and higher resolution, there won’t be a whole lot that is different in the new device.

Any iPhone's with a an S on the end of them tend to just be slightly upgraded internal's until the 6 which should be a new design and stuff.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I am shocked 0_o

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

Not a huge surprise to me.. The S-models usually don't come with major design changes..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I expect the Iphone 5s to look exactly the same, maybe a better display and a finger print scanner.  What I am also hoping for is a 128GB model, I know they can do it.  Of course the processor will be new.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

As expected.

The 'S' at the end of any iPhone only signifies minor upgrades to the previous model.

That being said, no iPhone has been released with MAJOR upgrades over its predecessor (as far as I can remember).

The story would be the new iPhone to be nothing like the older ones. I don't really know what I expected when I entered this thread.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

As expected.

The 'S' at the end of any iPhone only signifies minor upgrades to the previous model.

That being said, no iPhone has been released with MAJOR upgrades over its predecessor (as far as I can remember).

The 4 to the 4s was a pretty big power boost.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I bet the one big thing they will announce is a actual HD screen, 720p most likely

This will wow the fanboys and then Apple will try and sue everyone else who has released a phone that has a 720p screen

Looking for a job

The 4 to the 4s was a pretty big power boost.

Big enough to make me want to buy an iPhone 4s if I already had a iPhone 4?

Apple is pretty much doing a 2 year cycle now.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I bet the one big thing they will announce is a actual HD screen, 720p most likely

This will wow the fanboys and then Apple will try and sue everyone else who has released a phone that has a 720p screen

Even if it's not 720p, the screen is still sharp and nice.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

The PPI already beats 1080p TVs and monitors. So it's effectively high definition.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The PPI already beats 1080p TVs and monitors. So it's effectively high definition.

you don't hold a HD TV so close to your face. 

i didn't stop seeing pixels till I got a Xperia Z, i saw the pixels in my Xperia S which has a higher PPI then Apple Retina.

besides PPI is a silly standard to use, as its effectiveness varies over distance. hence why we use resolution as the standard for HD not the PPI density

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

you don't hold a HD TV so close to your face. 

i didn't stop seeing pixels till I got a Xperia Z, i saw the pixels in my Xperia S which has a higher PPI then Apple Retina.

besides PPI is a silly standard to use, as its effectiveness varies over distance. hence why we use resolution as the standard for HD not the PPI density

I didn't say the pixels in the so called "Retina display" were made invisible. They're not. It's marketing. But it's still effectively a high definition display in terms of the PPI and display size. PPI is important. Why have a 60" 1080p display when you have to sit back pretty far, or you start seeing the pixels. It's absolutely pointless to continue increasing screen size without increasing its PPI first. If you keep the display the same size and increase its PPI, you are effectively increasing its overall resolution.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I'm more interested in seeing if there really is a fingerprint sensor (if so if its behind the screen or behind the home button), and if theres NFC, and if they'll put the new wifi chip in it or if they'll stick with the old 802.11n. I had a galaxy S3 and thought it was so cheap feeling and got slow so fast for absolutely no reason it would hang if I tried to do anything with the keyboard, until convinced otherwise iOS and an iPhone is still the best thing available.

I didn't say the pixels in the so called "Retina display" were made invisible. They're not. It's marketing. But it's still effectively a high definition display in terms of the PPI and display size. PPI is important. Why have a 60" 1080p display when you have to sit back pretty far, or you start seeing the pixels. It's absolutely pointless to continue increasing screen size without increasing its PPI first. If you keep the display the same size and increase its PPI, you are effectively increasing its overall resolution.

If you keep the display size and increase the resolution, you increase the PPI. That's true.

But if you have a screen with fewer pixels then it displays less detail. There is no changing that fact.

But if you have a screen with fewer pixels then it displays less detail. There is no changing that fact.

I didn't argue against that.

I wonder how many people are going to stand in line and spend there welfare checks to get a new phone that's exactly like the old one... :lol:

What do you expect... the iphone 4s wasn't much different from 4 and the 5 wasn't that different from 4s....so this is to be expected. See people expect a company like apple to release something radically different every year but they are mistaken and articles like this are posted every new release. If you want new awesome features go with HTC or get a Samsung phone. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Might no be very different at Apple means it will this time be the very same phone. Because revolutionary at Apple means virtually the same phone.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Having a middleproduct that clearly states that it is a middleproduct by adding an S to it is just like saying "Here you addicted sheep, this will keep you covered until the iPhone 6".

I don't mind yearly releases of new versions of phones. But alteast make it seem like you put some effort in to it.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

All this means to me is that previously expensive iPhone 5's will cut in price dramatically because people are sheep and need the S!

Also means all the other iPhones also drop in price which is epic, can buy cheap but still good phones for family.