Escapist magazine, Derek Smart and Star Citizen

drewjn

We tried to avoid naming DS. With all our might. But it was eventually unavoidable.

They updated the orignial response post on the site with a 5 page leagal response "Requesting" the removal of the original thing, and an appology

I only made the thread the moment forbes as well as Chris Roberts himself made responses. When the CEO ends up making a 10 page response, you know it's gone to a new level.

So no we should not have DS or other media propaganda on the other threads of the subforum, but this situation is extra special and we can leave all related issues pertaining to this on this thread.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

TB has made a comment now, can't hear to wait what he thinks, good or bad.

No wonder his games are crap. If he would use the 4h he's on twitter during work hours he would probably be able to get at least 3 bugs/month sorted out.  :P

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

The UK suit may be a bust if the escapist has no assets there; however even if they have a decent chance proving malicious intent and fallacies, the American court system will take some time. I believe it safe to assume that aside from further unsubstantiated hit pieces by the escapist, there won't be much news coming for some time.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

No wonder his games are crap. If he would use the 4h he's on twitter during work hours he would probably be able to get at least 3 bugs/month sorted out.  :P

Thats the sad thing. He spends more time talking trash about SC than he does developing. 

The better part? He claims that on one hand, SC can't do anything it claims because its not possible (like EVA and what not) yet he goes around and says "Hey guys, my games had these features years ago!"

So which is it? You can't do them or you had them before. It can't be both. If you could do them with your ham fisted development skills, RSI surely can do a hell of a lot better, no? 

So which is it? You can't do them or you had them before. It can't be both. If you could do them with your ham fisted development skills, RSI surely can do a hell of a lot better, no?

The more I read the more I think he doesn't know how to code, he done a live stream recently and spent the whole time moaning about SC but the thing is there is a lot of similarities between SC and LOD development like, Game Engine scrapped in 2012 and assets are being updated, Game is playable but missing parts of the game (but not complete), No release date/sometime 2016, Staggered releases.

The guys a fool with a mic and I feel sorry for him

The more I read the more I think he doesn't know how to code, he done a live stream recently and spent the whole time moaning about SC but the thing is there is a lot of similarities between SC and LOD development like, Game Engine scrapped in 2012 and assets are being updated, Game is playable but missing parts of the game (but not complete), No release date/sometime 2016, Staggered releases.

The guys a fool with a mic and I feel sorry for him

A madman with a mic and, unfortunately, an audience that will eat up pretty much anything he says...

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

A madman with a mic and, unfortunately, an audience that will eat up pretty much anything he says...

Well he's gone from 1000 to 5000 followers so he's not gonna stop