So you know how LTT got hacked? So did Patreon, apparently.

iamdarkyoshi

Dear (me),

Yesterday we learned that there was unauthorized access to a Patreon database containing user information. Our engineering team has since blocked this access and taken immediate measures to prevent future breaches. We apologize to you for this breach of trust. The Patreon team is working especially hard right now to ensure the safety of the community.

There was unauthorized access to registered names, email addresses, posts, and some shipping addresses. Additionally, some billing addresses that were added prior to 2014 were also accessed. We do not store full credit card numbers on our servers and no credit card numbers were compromised. Although accessed, all social security numbers and tax form information remain safely encrypted, and all passwords securely hashed. No specific action is required of you, but as a precaution we recommend that all users update their passwords on Patreon.

For further details, we encourage you to read this update from our CEO and reach out to us with any additional questions at (their email address)

Sincerely, 
The Patreon Team

Quite interesting that they had just gotten hacked as well. Looks like I will be continuing to change my passwords. Anyone else use Patreon?

I have a friend who uses Patreon that gets money from some of his fan. Though he hasn't talked about the issue. On the other hand, it seems like people who only use the site to contribute and not affected by this as much as the ones that do. I only had to change the password.

*facedesk* I just made a god damn Patreon account yesterday! What the heck!

Then you shouldn't have to do anything, as this took place before you signed up.

Then you shouldn't have to do anything, as this took place before you signed up.

Thank goodness.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Welp, I just changed my password on Patreon, even though I only really support 1 dev (Pharimar)

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Ugh,

I thought patreon was despised with the likes of kickstarter here

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Had to Google search what it (Patreon) was...

guess that is about the extent of damage for me, I am too small of a fish. Even through I pay content creators directly for phone apps and donate to places like Wikipedia.

Although it reminds me of the Lastpass breach thread -click here- from earlier this year.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).