Problem or concern on my fans and temp (very detailed)

WokeUp

-SNIP-

So whoever built your computer thought it was a good idea to have all the fans as exhaust without any intakes at all....  :mellow:

I would switch the front rad fans as intake it would balance out the intake and exhasut slightly better.

So whoever built your computer thought it was a good idea to have all the fans as exhaust without any intakes at all....  :mellow:

I would switch the front rad fans as intake it would balance out the intake and exhasut slightly better.

I second this, I don't know who build it for you, but 4 exhausts is not a good idea. Flip the fans as W-L said it will add at least some airflow across the MOBO etc.  :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Hey,

It looks like the fans on your front rad are blowing air out...

I would flip them so that they blow air into the case.  That way, you're getting fresh air cooling the rad for your CPU.

I'm not sure on the model or size of those fans, but you might want to replace them with a static pressure optimized fan, like the SP120 so that the move more air.

Right now, your case has 100% negative air pressure - all of the fans are blowing air out.  In general, positive air pressure is recommended so that you don't have dust build-up in odd places, and so that air gets where it needs to go.  For example, right now your GPU doesn't have any fresh air blowing into it... You might also want to flip your top fan so that it blows air into the case.

Check this out:

and this...

http://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?area=en&tid=wh_positive

Hey,

I would flip them so that they blow air into the case.  That way, you're getting fresh air cooling the rad for your CPU.

I'm not sure on the model or size of those fans, but you might want to replace them with a static pressure optimized fan, like the SP120 so that the move more air.

Right now, your case has 100% negative air pressure - all of the fans are blowing air out.  In general, positive air pressure is recommended so that you don't have dust build-up in odd places, and so that air gets where it needs to go.  For example, right now your GPU doesn't have any fresh air blowing into it... You might also want to flip your top fan so that it blows air into the case.

Check this out:

and this...

FIXED mark this as solved this guy is a genuis lmao whoever built your computer is duuuuumb!

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

Hey,

Check this out:

and this...

Okay but I feel some air in the middle of the two fans going in the case..

I saw the video 

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

I second this, I don't know who build it for you, but 4 exhausts is not a good idea. Flip the fans as W-L said it will add at least some airflow across the MOBO etc.  :)

oh the bottom I dont feel air only at the top in the front of the case and I feel are going in when I put my hand in the middle of the two fans

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

You probably feel some air blowing out of the center because it can't all fit through the fins on the radiators and has to go somewhere... So it blows back out.

Just by looking at fans, you can tell which direction they blow air - you don't need to feel them

Check this out:

And this too:

I just saw that video haha

FIXED mark this as solved this guy is a genuis lmao whoever built your computer is duuuuumb!

but they must have had a reason to do it I mean they build pcs everyday! fliping the fans wont affect the cpu cooler?

but they must have had a reason to do it I mean they build pcs everyday! fliping the fans wont affect the cpu cooler?

NOPE

just trust me, IF YOU DONT TRUST ME TRUST LINUS

1 million subs and creator of this freaking forum.

Positive is good.

Negative = dust and less performance

5 exhaust fans? WHAT THE HELL? I am 13 and I could probably do a better job! take it back to them and ask for your money back lol!

And yes, you are effectively wasting your cpu cooler potential and ALL OF YOUR FANS POTENTIAL. Dude I think you are actually better of with no fans xD

Just make sure if you are going to fix this you have more fans bringing air in through a dust filter than fans taking hot air out... This will make dust get blown out by air from inside your case.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

It would help cooling actually since your not starving the radiator fans of air trying to exhaust everything they made a mistake or just didn't known enough thinking of having the heat go straight out of the case but having no intake at all negates any of that work. So instead having the front rad intake will help bring air through the system mind warm it up a bit but getting the coldest air for the CPU cooler.

Edited by W-L

Flipping the fans would help your cooler a lot, since you'd be getting fresh air through the front of the case... I really have no idea why they did that.  Big companies tend to overlook things that smaller companies and individuals might not.  To the person building it, it's just another computer they have to build and get out the door.

If you are overclocking, you might even be able to OC it slightly higher thanks to the fresh air.  I would also highly recommend Nocuta fans, but they are overpriced.  You can flip those three fans - top, and two front - for FREE and you'd be better off.

Right now, all of the fans are fighting each other for air and most of your air is sucked in through the back (right where the hot air from your PSU is exhausted!) - This way you'd be feeding the beast with fresh air.

I put hours of thought and research into airflow when I build my rig a few months ago... Trust me lol

Flipping the fans would help your cooler a lot, since you'd be getting fresh air through the front of the case... I really have no idea why they did that.  Big companies tend to overlook things that smaller companies and individuals might not.  To the person building it, it's just another computer they have to build and get out the door.

If you are overclocking, you might even be able to OC it slightly higher thanks to the fresh air.  I would also highly recommend Nocuta fans, but they are overpriced.  You can flip those three fans - top, and two front - for FREE and you'd be better off.

Right now, all of the fans are fighting each other for air and most of your air is sucked in through the back (right where the hot air from your PSU is exhausted!) - This way you'd be feeding the beast with fresh air.

the psu has an intake at the bottom of the case as I showed in the video so I should put the two front fans intake and the two top and back fans leave them pulling air out?

The PSU is basically isolated from the rest of the case... It pulls air in the bottom and blows it right out the back.  It's pretty much in its own world and has nothing to do with the rest of the case.

I would put the front two as pulling air into the case, and the top one also blowing air in.  Have the rear one blow air out.

The PSU is basically isolated from the rest of the case... It pulls air in the bottom and blows it right out the back.  It's pretty much in its own world and has nothing to do with the rest of the case.

I would put the front two as pulling air into the case, and the top one also blowing air in.  Have the rear one blow air out.

woah dont you think thats too much? why not two in and two out 

remember the top one has not filter so dust will get in super fast if I put it has intake 

woah dont you think thats too much? why not two in and two out 

The front ones won't be moving as much air in as the top/rear ones would be moving out because of the radiator, so with them like that you would still have negative air pressure

Plus, the air that moves through your rad is warm... You'll want some fresh, cool air to cool your mobo, ram, and it might get down far enough to help the gpu

remember the top one has not filter so dust will get in super fast if I put it has intake 

Right, but I don't think the front ones do either... Do they?

If it won't help with dust control, it would at least keep it running wayyy cooler

If dust is a real concern, check these magnetic, mesh covers out:

120mm:  http://amzn.to/1KOUsx2

140mm:  http://amzn.to/1MCxLPr

I use one on my bottom intake fan

The front ones won't be moving as much air in as the top/rear ones would be moving out because of the radiator, so with them like that you would still have negative air pressure

Plus, the air that moves through your rad is warm... You'll want some fresh, cool air to cool your mobo, ram, and it might get down far enough to help the gpu

If it won't help with dust control, it would at least keep it running wayyy cooler

the front ones have a big filter I showed in the video

it won't - you're fine

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

and wouldn't have 3 intakes and one out make too much positive presure 

the front ones have a big filter I showed in the video

I have 2 cats - I don't have temp issues and I have no filter. you have no cats and temp issues. trust them :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6