Los Angeles schools reach $6.4 million settlement with Apple, Lenovo

XYrZbest

6660001925_2a62581136_z.jpg

• Last week, the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) reached a settlement with Apple and Lenovo over a conflict involving software from curriculum provider Pearson
  • Although the conflict involves Pearson and LAUSD primarily, the curriculum provider was a subcontractor under Apple and Lenovo, so the settlement is between the hardware companies and LAUSD
  • Although Pearson has defended its software, saying that other school districts are satisfied with it, LAUSD has charged that teachers were not trained to use it and that the software itself had glitches. In addition, “During the first year of the license, Pearson provided only sample units of curriculum, rather than a finished product,”

Source: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/09/los-angeles-schools-reach-6-4-million-settlement-with-apple-lenovo/

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Apple...

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

schools....

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

LA is using pearson to teach it's students, well that's a sure way to lower the quality of your education.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Unrelated to this, I hate Pearson.  Always had problems when I did use it and usually just crap software/interfaces.  May have changed since I was in class, but somehow I doubt it.

Continue doubting as of last year it was still as stupid as ever, pearson and mcgraw hill need to die.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Why don't schools provide students with ACTUAL computers rather than 600$ tablets?

We got ipads my first year of highschool, we still use the computer labs and portable laptops we had before the ipads since the ipads dont work with flash, which is what half the educational sites use...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

We got ipads my first year of highschool, we still use the computer labs and portable laptops we had before the ipads since the ipads dont work with flash, which is what half the educational sites use...

lol

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Flash?

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

lol i was lucky, i am in the only year with macbook airs, the year after me has ipads and the year before me has these macbooks (see picture) only sad thing is that our macbook airs only have 60 gb of ssd storage.. that is a HUGEEEEEE pain.

White-Macbook.jpg

macbook white editions (thats what i call them) are very slow, ipads do not support flash so im in the perfect year :D

lol i was lucky, i am in the only year with macbook airs, the year after me has ipads and the year before me has these macbooks (see picture) only sad thing is that our macbook airs only have 60 gb of ssd storage.. that is a HUGEEEEEE pain.

White-Macbook.jpg

macbook white editions (thats what i call them) are very slow, ipads do not support flash so im in the perfect year :D

thats like, an 08 macbook

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

ikr

solution: 

photo-170874.gif?_r=1433325088

Yeah ipads... should have gotten some decent 2in1 tablet for $500, maybe thats what this lenovo thing is about

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black