Why does my computer turn itself on from sleep in Windows 10?

Hello all, 

So when I put my computer in to sleep mode on windows 10, after about 5-10 minutes it will automatically start up again. In addition to this, when I shut down my pc, when I go to turn it back on again, my monitors won't recognise the signal input so they won't turn on. This also happened with my previous monitor so I am not sure if there is something wrong with my graphics card? To get it to work after shutting down I have to turn the pc by the mains plug.

Can anyone tell me what is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Peter.

CPU: Core i7 4790k | Mobo: Asus Z97-P | RAM: Corsair DDR3 XMS3 8GB | GPU: Gainward GTX 970 4GB |Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU: Cooler Master BII-600 | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Displays: 2x Dell U2414h | Kb: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 | Case: Corsair 450d Console: Xbox One Ext: DXRacer F-Series Red, Trust Tytan 2.1 Sub & Speakers, HyperX Cloud II, SCUF Infinity1 X1 Controller | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Not sure I think it's a bug because my PC randomly boots up from sleep mode sometimes and I know it's not me

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Same here, was fine in Windows 7

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Same thing happening to me with Windows 10, not the monitor thing but my PC has decided to start waking up from sleep for no reason. Even after disabling network features that would normally cause that issue. I guess Microsoft can't spy on you enough if your computer is asleep.

I think it's something to do with wake timers, not 100% sure but my PC seems to sleep fine and I seem to remember disabling the wake timers.

Go to power options > Edit plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Sleep > Allow wake timers [Disable]

This seems to be a bug in Windows 10 right now. If I'm right, it has been fixed in a Preview build of Windows 10 that'll be coming up in the  threshold 2 update.

I think it's something to do with wake timers, not 100% sure but my PC seems to sleep fine and I seem to remember disabling the wake timers.

Go to power options > Edit plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Sleep > Allow wake timers [Disable]

I have done this, but the problem still persists. Do you think maybe it is one of my components, or simply a program that wakes it?

CPU: Core i7 4790k | Mobo: Asus Z97-P | RAM: Corsair DDR3 XMS3 8GB | GPU: Gainward GTX 970 4GB |Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU: Cooler Master BII-600 | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Displays: 2x Dell U2414h | Kb: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 | Case: Corsair 450d Console: Xbox One Ext: DXRacer F-Series Red, Trust Tytan 2.1 Sub & Speakers, HyperX Cloud II, SCUF Infinity1 X1 Controller | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I had an issue where my PC would randomly wake when it was plugged in to one socket, but behaved itself when plugged in to another. I've also found that connecting/disconnecting headphones would wake it up. Strange things can happen!

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

For me I've found that restarting my PC fixes the issue temporarily, but eventually it'll stop sleeping again. When I run the command lastwake, there's no data.

Ha I just had this issue and what happened was my mouse would move a pixel like every 20 minutes so I had to unplug my mouse every time I put it into sleep mode. Don't know how it would wake up for you but if I were you, adjust some power settings in Windows.

I have done this, but the problem still persists. Do you think maybe it is one of my components, or simply a program that wakes it?

Can't say I'd know, I'd look into each program tbh. Nothing beats the old trial and error method.