Nvidia Launching Fastest GeForce Ever

Shnuggle

Woah! A new graphics card that is faster then the last one! Surprise!

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Wasn't the meeting last week about the 980s in laptops and not a totally new card?

Anybody owned Titan-Z in this forum?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Mate seriously you embarrass yourself in literally every thread I see you post in. Lurk a little, do some reading, learn something and then start posting things that are actually informed.

As long as you call the Titan Z a waste of money but call the 295x2 good value you are deluded. Begone, fanboy.

The problem is charging £400 for fitting a £30 part. As I've already said.

Also as I've already said, I'm not advocating buying a Titan Z, I'm advocating buying two 290Xs. Do you have a scarecrow in your room that you use for inspiration? You seem literally unable to post without strawmanning.

This is why I blocked you. This exchange would have been over in one or two posts if you bothered to fucking read them.

Of course, it's a mark of the fanboy to need to represent someone who isn't actually promoting either card in a positive light as someone who is Against Them because they are not For Them. If that sentence was too difficult for you: my first post in this thread was how the Titan Z AND 295x2 were both terrible value.

Why'd you have to go around attacking peeps? Even to someone who was making a joke... 

You woke up on the wrong side of the bed or smth?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It was a single rad Asetek unit, yes. You can buy them for between £30 to £50. AMD charged £400 for the "R&D" of attaching it themselves.

As long as you call the Titan Z a waste of money but call the 295x2 good value you are deluded. Begone, fanboy.

The Titan Z is/was  a waste of money, which made the 295x2 a good value (by itself it was even a good value when the price dropped). They literally charged triple the price of a single GPU on launch. I don't know how they expected that to go over, especially with Nvidia's loyal fanbase.

I don't know how you're going to shit on AMD for charging some money when Nvidia went ape on the price of a dual GPU unit.

*fingers cross* 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Well Pascal is still a year away, so this is merely a competitive product to AMD's Fury X2 (dual GPU card). It's a niche product for people who might want an SLI setup in a tiny build.

Market for this would probably be under 20k units. I don't see them selling good if there's a new flagship next year. Perhaps this is a testing for a dual Pascal as well.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Why'd you have to go around attacking peeps? Even to someone who was making a joke... 

He has a history of doing that. Seems like some individuals can't get their point across without resorting to insults and attacks.

R9 GTX 985 ti x 2 Nano?

Finaly a reason to upgrade... !

If this will be another Titan Z like fail then that will make R9 Fury X x2 even more attractive.

The Titan Z is/was  a waste of money, which made the 295x2 a good value (by itself it was even a good value when the price dropped). They literally charged triple the price of a single GPU on launch. I don't know how they expected that to go over, especially with Nvidia's loyal fanbase.

I don't know how you're going to shit on AMD for charging some money when Nvidia went ape on the price of a dual GPU unit.

2x Titan Black for 3x the price and 1.5x the performance... not even talking about noise and temperatures.. 3 slots!

I think it would be a far better idea to wait until the new pascal chips are released so that they are not making a flagship card which has a limited lifespan due to it's not playing so well with DX12. 

Market for this would probably be under 20k units. I don't see them selling good if there's a new flagship next year. Perhaps this is a testing for a dual Pascal as well.

Definitely a niche market. But dual GPU's are really just a game of tetris, as in squeezing two cards plus a crossfire/SLI chip on a single PCB. It costs a little bit, but it's not really difficult per se. They can do this with all chips. Heck Asus did it with 2x 760 chips on their Mars card, so I really doubt this has anything to do with Pascal.

They should be able to do a dual Pascal GPU even easier than a dual 980ti, due to the GPU package containing HBM now, making everything smaller. The Fury X2 should be the same size or smaller than a standard 980ti card.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Don't really see the reason to buy GTX 990 when pascal is around the corner and 980ti does its job meanwhile anyway

^_^

CPU: Intel i7-6700K | MB: Asus Z170-A | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming OC @ GTX 980 Perf. | CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 | COOLER: Coolermaster HYPER 212 EVO |

RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Savage | STORAGE:  Western Digital HDD & Samsung 850 EVO SSD | PSU: Fractal Design Edison M 550W | SCREEN: Dell U2412M 24"

Don't really see the reason to buy GTX 990 when pascal is around the corner and 980ti does its job meanwhile anyway

Pascal is still a year away or so. A 990 would replace a 980ti SLI setup at smaller size.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

at launch sure but it had an AIO liquid cooler and now its about 700 which is only like 20 dollars more expensive and the titan z was underclocked so you are only getting a 60% performance benefit for 200% more cost also it was a triple slot card which i dont like 

But it's obsolete now. Why the hell would anyone buy go out and buy two 290Xs (on one PCB or otherwise) now? It makes as much sense as buying dual 780s or dual 970s. Sure there was a time when it was awesome, but just buy a Fury or a 980 Ti instead now.

Also will you people stop putting fucking words in my mouth? I never said it was worse value than a Titan Z, I said it was worse value than two 290Xs.

They literally charged triple the price of a single GPU on launch. I don't know how they expected that to go over, especially with Nvidia's loyal fanbase.

Are you talking about AMD or Nvidia because they both did. Did you not read my post, that's the entire point.

$1000 + $1000 =/= $3000

£400 + £400 =/= £1200

Why is it that AMD get a free pass on this shit in the same post as calling out Nvidia for doing literally the same thing? And why is it that when people say it's OK for one camp to do this but the end of the world when the other camp does it, that me calling these people "fanboys" is beyond the pail?

I don't buy the argument that Nvidia having a shit product makes an equally shit product from AMD less shit when they both have things you should be buying instead. Why does the existence of the Titan Z make the Titan Black no longer available for purchase? Why could gamers who wanted this not have gone for the 780 Ti SLI instead? Why are you so desperate to ignore the point I'm actually making which is that it was far more sensible to buy two 290Xs instead of a 295x2?

I'm not attacking anyone. I've just finally lost my patience with Notional misrepresenting my arguments and making the same biased and incorrect assertions in every interaction with me.

He has a history of doing that. Seems like some individuals can't get their point across without resorting to insults and attacks.

How about instead of crying because I called someone out for misrepresenting and using straw man arguments, how about those people not misrepresent or use straw man arguments instead?

It's not a £30 part when you have double the pumps. I get the point of buying 2 x 290x, as it is cheaper. But the 295x2 is cooler, quieter and made for ITX builds. It's a niche product after all.

But please do point out where I made a strawman?

The strawman was in misrepresenting my argument as me saying that the Titan was anything but shite value. My point wasn't that the Titan Z was good, but that the 295x2 was bad for the same reason. 1+1=3 applies for AMD and Nvidia alike in these cases. My comparison was always between comparing the value of two Titan Blacks vs one Titan Z, and then separately with comparing two 290Xs with one 295x2. Your strawman was to pretend that I was advocating the Titan Z and then arguing with that position, and not with what I actually said.

If I'm short with you, it's because I've said this about five times now.

but on april fools day they do. look up 990 Ti and you will find the troll article :D

They were just ahead of the game, predicted this ya know ;P

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

the benchmarked games were minesweeper and solitare at 640x360

The titan x can't handle 32k!

You know I'm joking right? lol

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

I'm not attacking anyone. I've just finally lost my patience with Notional misrepresenting my arguments and making the same biased and incorrect assertions in every interaction with me.

Notional ain't the only one you were attacking... 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

i do know you are joking..

It's the internet, can't be too careful lol

But for real, can you imagine 800x600 with a high frame rate, mind boggling.

Only the potato x can do it

Every single year, Nvidia launches the fastest Geforce ever, it's not news, it's a broken clock being right once a year.

nVidia beating AMD to the punch... AGAIN.

post-193641-0-42685300-1443556236.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM