YouTube Subscription is goona be REAL

TheWutofWat

Vessel does this. 3 second ads that barely have time to say the name of a company/brand/product are still ads.

And here I was thinking I was the only one experiencing this. I had made a comment before about it, and someone said "There are no ads on Vessel", and yet they've been there since the beginning of my free trial.

What really irritates me about them is that they're completely irrelevant to me. I ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY HATE Tea, and yet I still get a Mr. T advert about some kind of tea, that I will NEVER drink because as far as I can tell, tea is water filtered through dirt.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've installed AdGuard since then but before I was getting ads.

What really irritates me about them is that they're completely irrelevant to me. I ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY HATE Tea, and yet I still get a Mr. T advert about some kind of tea, that I will NEVER drink because as far as I can tell, tea is water filtered through dirt.

That's one of the ways to purify water actually. Just run it through a bunch of substances until you get all the contaminates out.

I USE VESSEL HUEHUEHUE

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

there are people can't pay or do not have access to any paying method.

Sucks to suck, I guess.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

And here I was thinking I was the only one experiencing this. I had made a comment before about it, and someone said "There are no ads on Vessel", and yet they've been there since the beginning of my free trial.

3 seconds, oh the fucking horror!

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

But it's still ad-supported for people who dont want to pay... It's like you didnt even read...

I would pay, but nowhere near $10 a month. Cut that to $5 and I'll consider. 

I believe you get google music with that.

Yotube's way of saying we keep losing money and we need a way to get more. MAYBE DON'T PAY PEWDIEPIE 4 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR! They should have a max payout for the types/number of people per Youtube channel. If it is one guy playing video games max it to like a million a year and for LTT since it is an actual business and has multiple people max it at like 10 million. 

Except Pewdiepie is much more important to youtube then LMG. I like Linus's content unlike Pewdiepie but if you're rational for half a second, you know who's most valuable to google. If they gave him 4 million a year, that means they make more 8,9,10 million in revenue from that guy.

PS: that's also a terrible idea to start having favoritism on which channel you want more from and what not.

Further, have you heard that Twitch is going to start allowing uploaded video-on-demand services next year (http://www.techspot....-youtube.html)? That could be stiff competition, and if Youtube adopted a paywall-only model, it would basically be handing the market over to Twitch unless they did the same.

Youtube unique users per month: 1 billion

Twitch unique users per month: 31 million

I'm pretty sure youtube will be ok.

It's just a matter of time until there is a donation box. I wonder if YT is considering to take a percentage of this? 

There's already a fan financing option in youtube monetization at the bottom. It's not available in Canada tho. (sorry it's in french, the very last one)

zyWTnLf.png

Hi YouTube, 

I don't know if you've heard of this thing called Twitch, but it's really good.They have subscriptions and turbo, things that support Twitch and their content creators.

But all jokes aside, I think it would be a good idea for YouTube to maybe create something like Vessel. Early access for paying subscribers. If they do this, then they might even be able to hurt services like Vessel.

Twitch actually seems to be doing well, while YouTube is still finding it difficult to make money. Tadaa, look at what your competitors are doing guys, it actually works. Let the fans decide who they want to sponsor!

Still not as bad as tampon ads on Youtube. Especially the ones that you can't skip and are on channels that I want to support. It got to the point where I said screw it and enabled adblock. (I do however have a total block on all ad tracking-maybe that had something to do with it).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Hmm, if this will support content creators properly I can see it to be good then. Not sure otherwise tho.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 seconds, oh the fucking horror!

double dipping is still double dipping. 3 seconds? how much did the company give vessel for the ad?

I pay Netflix every month because they offer content without adverts. My friend has Hulu and at one point, I thought of adding it to my account (bank) but I used his Hulu and even though he pays he has to sit through ads.

it is one or the other for me. if you're shoving ads down my throat, I'm not paying you for this service. it is terrible. If it is free (entry price) then a couple of ads I can stand.

@RagnarokDel

Youtube unique users per month: 1 billion

Twitch unique users per month: 31 million

I'm pretty sure youtube will be ok.

Don't be naive, man. piracy is so prevelant today because content providers are really bad at providing a good and reasonable service.

Don't act like a paywall isn't going to drive a significant number of people away. Thats why they are trying the "no ads route" instead of a "content paywall" or they would lose enough people to make a difference. enough to die? lol no. but enough that revenue goes down significantly? yea, of course.

This is disturbing to me.

Today, it's "pay to get rid of the ads!" but how soon until it's "pay to watch, oh and here's some ads!", the exact same thing that happened to Cable and Satellite TV once upon a time.

well

its time we make our own video streaming service

an exact copy of youtube

with minor changes here and there

SUCCESS

and also

dont change it every other fucking day

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

You Can Still Watch Videos,They Will Just Have Ads,They Would Be Dumb To Make You Not Be Able To Watch Without The Subscription

Then watch the ads.

The day their automated DMCA "guilty until proven innocent" bullshit dies, will be the day I consider giving them any sort of money.

Until then, I'll stick to Patreon to support content creators.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I already pay $5/month for ad-free Twitch and would gladly do the same for ad-free Youtube.

I don't see how this is a bad thing.

i can see this like an arms race. for a while its going to work as intended for a while.  then the ad people is to wait nobody is seeing my ad, so google is going to charge them more to get their ad broadcasted to you. you start complaining about ad free youtube and google will come out with a preimum plan charging you more. just use ad blocker its free addon.

If you pay a subscription it should be a flat rate for every channel. Say £5 a month and you get all add-free content and any videos that you have to pay for already (if there are any). The money is piled and split among all YouTube channels that you subscribe to. I think that sounds fair and these channels will make way more money then they did previously (probably). Or if it was a done separately where you pay for channels individually. Say maybe 5p a month for each Channel. Not sure about the money though but around £5 a month total sounds good to me.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

they just dont need to make it like vessel pay every month stull get ads yeah they are short but they are still there if its like crunchyroll id be fine with it

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

I listen to music via youtube every day in my smartphone ( personally , its almost like spotify or more ) .

and considering that you pay about 10 euros for spotify every month versus paying youtube for less is almost like youtube might be my spotify without adds.

(⌐■_■)