Looking for ~$100 USD Headsets

Knaj

I'm looking for a good headset, with Dolby 7.1, usable with computers & other devices though audio jack, and preferably has a detachable cord.

I'm currently looking at the HyperX Cloud II. Anybody else got suggestions?

Have you considered Phillips SHP9500 (open cans with a real soundstage rather than a simulated one) with a V-Moda boom mic?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Oh does that headset have like a real 3D sound rather than simulated?

Well surround sound headsets have multiple speakers rather than one. If you must have a closed back design for gaming then this is a superior design to an open back as open back headphones leak noise in and out. This is a good thing if you're on a quiet environment as music sounds better this way and you can hear things like footsteps in games with ridiculous accuracy. If you love sound quality the the Phillips are a much better choice than the Clouds but if you use your headphones in a noisy environment then the Clouds are not a bad choice.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well surround sound headsets have multiple speakers rather than one. If you must have a closed back design for gaming then this is a superior design to an open back as open back headphones leak noise in and out. This is a good thing if you're on a quiet environment as music sounds better this way and you can hear things like footsteps in games with ridiculous accuracy. If you love sound quality the the Phillips are a much better choice than the Clouds but if you use your headphones in a noisy environment then the Clouds are not a bad choice.

Wrong, most surround headsets have only 1 driver per ear.

Multiple drivers have no advantage, as you perceive surround by using both ears.

But the Phillips are a good recommendation

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

No matter how many drivers you put in a headphone, the fact that their positions are in basically two places, no headphone is ever a physical surround sound. Its basically just software that does that on headphones that have one driver per earcup.

I'm looking for a good headset, with Dolby 7.1, usable with computers & other devices though audio jack, and preferably has a detachable cord.

I'm currently looking at the HyperX Cloud II. Anybody else got suggestions?

I got the HyperX Cloud II and they were really good for the time I had them, really comfy and great sound for the price. The only gripe I had with them was that the USB sound card hissed for me so you may need a few tries until you get a working one. 

If you are really interested, check my profile ^^

So wait should I get 7.1 headphones?

You should not. 7.1 is a "gaming gimmick" and is not at all necessary. I second what STRMfrmXMN said, which you will get the most out of your money with the Phillips SHP9500 and a Vmoda Boom Mic, unless you are in a noisy environment, which then the Clouds would be a good option.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

You should not. 7.1 is a "gaming gimmick" and is not at all necessary. I second what STRMfrmXMN said, which you will get the most out of your money with the Phillips SHP9500 and a Vmoda Boom Mic, unless you are in a noisy environment, which then the Clouds would be a good option.

Plus, its not physically possible to have a 7.1 in headphones. Audio Technica has these "dual driver" per earbud thing in their IEMs (not sure, but I don't care that much for Audio Technica's headphone and in-ear lineup), and AKG's (now discontinued) K240 600 ohm headphones having more drivers than how many fingers a man has per hand (per ear cup), we could've had a surround setup without having to use speakers... but I'm pretty sure science says its not possible, atleast as of now. 7.1 on headphones via software is the only way to have such a thing, and its still questionable if it truly works or not.

7.1 headphones don't exist, so no.

If your environment isn't noisy, an open backed headphone will typically provide you better positional audio.

How would the V-Moda Boom mic go into the Phillips?

Well when a man loves a woman.... 

It goes in the aux port, since the SHP9500's have a detachable cable.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

No, you should click on the link and read that thread. That's what you should do.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)