Sound coming out of my speakers....from nowhere?

Kraid
Go to solution Solved by Stefan1024,

Didn't work, thanks anyways.

Ok try to plug your speakers / amplifier into the same power outlet as the signal source (PC?) and keep all cables as short as possible. Also don't run the auido cables close to power or display cables.

I recently noticed a weird sound coming from my speakers a few days ago, I assumed it was just static and since it was really low I didn't care about it. But the sound has actually gotten louder, even when I turn all sound off in my the volume mixer, the sound is still there. On top of that, it sounds like a spanish TV channel, not even joking this is really weird and I've never had/heard of this problem before.

Does it still make the sound even when the PC is off?

Could just be Electro Magnetic Interferance in your PC that's causing it to make these noises. The solution would be to get a Dac to put on your desk.

Also, have you done anything to upset the Spanish recently?

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

"sounds like a spanish tv channel" 

kek

I'm honestly not joking at all. I know this problem is weird but its true.

Did you try turning it off and back on again?

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

There will be an ad playing from a site somewhere in the background probably from one of the many google chrome tabs you've got open (just a guess from experience of users who do this lol)

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Does it still make the sound even when the PC is off?

Could just be Electro Magnetic Interferance in your PC that's causing it to make these noises. The solution would be to get a Dac to put on your desk.

Also, have you done anything to upset the Spanish recently?

Yep, the sound is still there even when my PC is off, and is there any other fix that doesn't require me to buy anything?

Btw, half of my family is hispanic lol.

Actually with my old sound system it was able to receive a foreign radio cannel, because it had lose connection and I was unlucky enougth to hit a reconant frequency of the carrier.

It wanished when I turned up the volume of the sound system and lowered the volume of the PC to equalize the change.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Actually with my old sound system it was able to receive a foreign radio cannel, because it had lose connection and I was unlucky enougth to hit a reconant frequency of the carrier.

It wanished when I turned up the volume of the sound system and lowered the volume of the PC to equalize the change.

What speakers are they? Do they have a grounding pin on the plug? Sometime relatively inexpensive speakers, like mine, do not come with a ground-plug, which can lead to some undesirable noises being produced even when the PC is off. My fix was to RMA the speakers, since they were still under warranty.

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Ok try to plug your speakers / amplifier into the same power outlet as the signal source (PC?) and keep all cables as short as possible. Also don't run the auido cables close to power or display cables.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Also don't run the auido cables close to power or display cables.

For some reason when I untangled all of the cords and separated them the sound went away.

For some reason when I untangled all of the cords and separated them the sound went away.

As you changed the cable layout, you also changed the resonant frequency of the "antenna". So you are now now longer tuned to this signals.