Apple reinvents headphone jack.. thinner iDevices on the way?

jos

"Reinvents", that's a sneaky word for "proprietary".

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I couldn't stand the crap display on the air especially when compared to the options they have on their other models.

For a model laptop like that what do you need the I/O really? <-- I think this is what they were thinking.

That's just it, the display on the air isn't crap but actually very good. And have you actually seen and used the Macbook yourself? The only thing it has over the Air is the retina display-which is really just a moot point as its so small.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Well they can't make the sims any smaller, so now it'll be a built in logical sim that you have to ask for apple's blessing to use.

Are you sure about that. People said back in the day that no one will use computers but look at use now

So it seems Apple likes it tight and skinny yes? :P Then they should use the lightning connector for headphones too they can the remove the 3.5mm jack completely. You know, since there obviously wasn't enough proprietary gear out in the world already.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Ugh, Apple up to their typical bullshit again.

why do they feel the need to reinvent the wheel over, and over, and over again? Why do they feel the need to upset established standards?

God, I hate this company.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Are you sure about that. People said back in the day that no one will use computers but look at use now

I was simply referencing that there is no more plastic to cut away from a nano sim. If they wanted to make a removable sim card any smaller, they'd have to move onto a completely new standard not derivable from the existing standards I believe. So it'd be like a sim 2.0...

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

No you won't. You'll just pay for the Beats like all the other Apple guys.

Cute, but no. 

To all people laughing about how Apple could make the sim cards smaller... They'll just remove them. 

The Verge : Apple and Samsung may help make the SIM card disappear

So...it will help Apple and Samsung's e-peen then......

PMSL

Pretty much any big company throws at their sheep followers could actually impact the rest of the non-users. Hopefully something comes out good from this.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I ask myself whether Apple learned anything from the original USB adapter. We've been stuck with an asymmetric adapter there for years and everyone has been "With USB Type C you now don't have to crawl under your desk because the USB plug doesn't fit".

And now Apple is coming back to exactly that to save me .2 millimeters and 5 gram? I honestly don't see the progress here.

I've been slowly but steadily replacing my wired headphones for bluetooth ones. They don't get caught up anywhere. When I use a wired one it's because I left mine at home and have to use some that aren't mine. If Apple removed the 3.5mm port I would actually be less pissed about it than having one that does fit a single headphone in the entire world.

SNIP

What is weird is apple were all about lightning being reversible, and are slowly adopting USB C

Then they make a stupid headphone jack.. makes no sense.... unless there is something we are missing, it doenst make sense to shave half a mm of a headphone jack

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you're gonna go proprietary at least make it interesting. How about a magnetic (a la their power connectors) bullseye  connector that is on the flat of the back of the device or flat on the palm rest of the laptop, that has concentric circle contacts for each, previously, strata contact on the pole, and the headphone will have either contact fingers or similar circles on its paddle, so it can swivel around depending on angle, can simply pop off if pulled, and can be easily cleaned?

Heck you could even make it inactive unless there is a magnetic connection so that it won't short if a penny were put there.14TJ6KU.jpg

hold the phone a second this was patented in 2011.....its not new and its not been seen yet... a patent dosnt mean its coming

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

If I have to buy specialty headphones or adapters I'll get an android and hate my life as much as you android guys do. 

so you'll be happy?

But it's not even reversible????

Apple is trying to create a proprietary standard again-and its not going to work when there is a better, reversible alternative that is fully compatible with the normal standard.

PMSL

Oh that is great.... apple basically is saying "everybody now you have to buy our headphones and we can make our devices so thin!(that they bend)"

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

The heck these people want? If apple truly wanted to make a thin phone they would have one of those phones you could bend all the way around your finger and everything be bluetooth/wireless

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

hold the phone a second this was patented in 2011.....its not new and its not been seen yet... a patent dosnt mean its coming

Yeah but everyone loves complaining about Apple and other bullshit

They have tons of patents for things they have never and will never implement, but since an engineer took his time to create something they patent it to protect their IP

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Cute, but no. 

You say that, but if they were called "Beats by Jobs" you'd have three pairs already.

kappa

Welcome back once again to the great game of

AdAPtEr MaNiA

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

So every one with an Iphone will be forced to use a pair of Beats?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Great, apple really wants to sell adaptors I see.

Main Rig : 5600X, NH-U14s, MSI B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI RTX 3070

Server : i7-7700k, Hyper 212 RGB, ASUS Prime z270, 16GB DDR4 2133, MSI GTX 1070