Windows 10 - Graphics driver crash

Prints

I have recently upgraded my main machine to windows 10 and appear to be suffering a driver problem.
I'm running an R9 280x and I have the latest (non beta) drivers installed, however whenever I'm playing games i start getting graphics artifacts that either eventually end up in a crash or a notification telling me that the graphics drivers were having a problem but have now recovered.
Upon the crash the blue screen informed me that it has something to do with an infinite loop occurring.

Does anybody know if this is a common problem experienced with the R9 200 series and windows 10?
Is my first step in trying to debug this to remove and re-install the graphics drivers?

Thanks for any help.

I have recently upgraded my main machine to windows 10 and appear to be suffering a driver problem.

I'm running an R9 280x and I have the latest (non beta) drivers installed, however whenever I'm playing games i start getting graphics artifacts that either eventually end up in a crash or a notification telling me that the graphics drivers were having a problem but have now recovered.

Upon the crash the blue screen informed me that it has something to do with an infinite loop occurring.

Does anybody know if this is a common problem experienced with the R9 200 series and windows 10?

Is my first step in trying to debug this to remove and re-install the graphics drivers?

Thanks for any help.

did you only upgrade 10...or did you do a clean install to?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

reinstall the drivers.

if i had a pound (or dollar) for every Windows 10 Post.

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

@techguru - it was an upgrade install using the program that also makes boot drives, not through the automatic upgrade program, but it was not a clean install.

@LiamApex - I knew I was going to get somebody saying that! Thanks for the advice anyway.

@techguru - it was an upgrade install using the program that also makes boot drives, not through the automatic upgrade program, but it was not a clean install.

@LiamApex - I knew I was going to get somebody saying that! Thanks for the advice anyway.

you should do a clean install..now that you did the upgrade

you should do a clean install..now that you did the upgrade

If I was to do a clean install I would lose the ability to roll back to my previous version of Windows though right?

Seeing as I'm already finding some issues with Windows 10 I'd like to leave that ability in my back pocket for if there is something that I can't resolve.

If I was to do a clean install I would lose the ability to roll back to my previous version of Windows though right?

Seeing as I'm already finding some issues with Windows 10 I'd like to leave that ability in my back pocket for if there is something that I can't resolve.

yes...but clean installing 10 solves most of the problems on 10