This is the email I got:

fJzYUrx.png

Usually, those are easily phishing. BUT:

fbVWhZj.png

R8jXbbG.png

Is this legit or not?

Read here :

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Support_-_Phishing

All their emails should include your account name.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This is the email I got:

fJzYUrx.png

Usually, those are easily phishing. BUT:

Is this legit or not?

I would definitely say it is not legit as the url they gave is to secure.runsecape.com-login.ws, and not runescape.com

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

URL looks fake + grammar errors :-/

Also, do people still play RS? :o I'm getting old ...

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

URL looks fake + grammar errors :-/

Also, do people still play RS? :o I'm getting old ...

Yeah just checked my account page and nothing seems to be wrong.

I play RS, very rarely though.

Typical phishing. I was receiving emails like this one from "Blizzard" a while ago. There's probably a way to mask the email in order to look like a legit one. Also the link isn't runescape.com, it's runescape.com-login.ws. They didn't even try to hide it. :D

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Look at the trademarks at the end of the page, wtf is "RuneScapex"?

Also, "we have collected data that you tried to trade" is not correct English. Not to mention, they would have no way to know if you are receiving money outside the system, all they see is the normal trade happening. It's pretty obvious phishing. They couldn't fine you for that anyway.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This looks like a man in the middle attack. If i were you, i would contact runscape through their support and not from that e-mail.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

its not legit. i get those type of emails too.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

This looks like a man in the middle attack. If i were you, i would contact runscape through their support and not from that e-mail.

Why contact them though? My account is fine

Even if the e-mail is masked, they can't get around that almighty status bar! (is it still called a status bar?)

aaBDKL5.png

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Why contact them though? My account is fine

A man in the middle attack can mean your account has been compromised and as a result of that, you should, i would, get an answer from the company that you are ok. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

never click on any links in any email from runescape, whether its legit or not.  if its legit, anything they have to say will be reflected on your account, you can look at it directly from the website, without clicking links.  safer that way.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Whoa?!  People still play runescape?!!

It's still one of the most popular MMORPGs.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor