[RUMOR] AMD To Launch A New Sweetspot Card Next Month - R9 380X

TERAFLOP

The AMD Radeon R9 380X will reportedly arrive to market in late October configured with 4GB of GDDR5 memory and a 256bit bus. We’ve already seen photos of the XFX Double Dissipation R9 380X leak online just a few days ago. However the previous leak did not include any information about the specifications of the card.

XFX-Radeon-R9-380X-Double-Dissipation_1.

According to Fudzilla the new card will be released worldwide later next month and will feature 4GB of GDDR5 memory, Fudzilla does not claim to know any information beyond that. If these claims are accurate however, we can safely assume – from the 4GB capacity of the frame buffer – that the GPU will not feature a 384bit memory interface as was previously and widely believed.

Source

retoast

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

A 285 with a larger frame buffer (on a narrower bus :\ ) and a new board design, as far as I can see.

Rumours...

I checked, there's no similar toast in the news thread.

Rule 24: every repost is always a repost of a repost.

A 280X with a larger frame buffer (on a narrower bus :\ ) and a new board design, as far as I can see.

Rumours...

FTFY

FTFY

Thought they would have used a Tonga GPU instead of Tahiti XT again. I mean, they have the cards...

Thought they would have used a Tonga GPU instead of Tahiti XT again. I mean, they have the cards...

Yeah, but the 380 is a refresh of the 285. 380X will be a 280X refresh, not sure why they would have the 380 and 380X both based off of the 285, when the 280X is more powerful.

Yeah, but the 380 is a refresh of the 285. 380X will be a 280X refresh, not sure why they would have the 380 and 380X both based off of the 285, when the 280X is more powerful.

The 285 does have newer tech inside though, and if they crank it up a notch, it would be a nice card to replace the 280x, I think thats what every wanted... a 280x with the memory compression tech that the 285 has.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Well... They could be using the m295x... 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Both the 285 and 380 are cut down cores, this could be fully enabled cores.

As to the news, if it's indeed 256 bit, it's kind of pointless as the 285/380 are not cut down by a lot. And 4GB is kind of too much for such a card while 2GB isn't enough, 3GB would be the sweet spot.