Why do you guys hate Beats by Dre?

Overkilled

Beats aren't the best headphones not by a long shot but they serve a purpose that no other headphones I can think of do, they're fashion accessories, they look good. Girls font wear high heels because they're the best shoes they do it because they look good

Why all the hate?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Beats aren't the best headphones not by a long shot but they serve a purpose that no other headphones I can think of do, they're fashion accessories, they look good. Girls font wear high heels because they're the best shoes they do it because they look good

Why all the hate?

http://mic.com/articles/90361/what-beats-by-dre-are-actually-doing-to-your-ears

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Personally white beats mixr's are the best looking headphones out and my beats solo's aren't half bad themselves

They are overpriced pieces of cheap plastic with terrible sound. There are plenty of nice looking headphones that sound A LOT better.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Because they sound pretty bad for the price. There are cheaper headphones which sound better. Beats are just an overmarketed, overpriced fashion product.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

they dont seem to be built as well as some other options.

i'd never consider building an on-the-go object out of tough plastic, if the tough plastic wasnt to protect what's inside.

(about the tough plastic top bit, which is a very common thing to snap if they take a beating)

They're overpriced, not comfortable, made of cheap plastic and they have too much bass.

They're crap, and morons like them out of ignorance.

What's not to hate?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Because generally, they don't sound great and aren't as well built for their price, for example my beyer 990s are far more robust than a pair of beats solos that are a similar price, and sound a lot better as well. The new solos aren't that bad sounding actually, much better than the originals, but not as good as what is around them.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Because they sound pretty bad for the price. There are cheaper headphones which sound better. Beats are just an overmarketed, overpriced fashion product.

but they weren't made to be the best sounding headphones, did you read my first post?

Beats and many other competitors spend most of their money on marketing, and none on product design. Take the Hyper X Clouds and Turtle Beach headphones for example. Both are around the same price mark, but I think we all know which one sounds better, is more comfortable, popular, ect.

• Shabby build quality
  • Sound quality < many other cheaper brands
  • Used more for fashion
  • Price is stupid for the quality
  • Normie as fuck
THEYRE SUPPOSED TO BE USED FOR FASHION that's the whole goddamn point they were made with aesthetics over sound and they have some of the best looking cans around so I guess they succeeded

Because they're designed and built by marketing experts, not sound engineers. Their testing stage was likely some rapper sitting in a room with them pumping "booms, mothafuckas and ho's" through his ears until he went "mmmm, yea man." The sound curve is terrible, they're lightweight and plasticky, the material tends to break easily, and the pads are crazy uncomfortable. I've never understood the concept of on-ear headphones, and Beats are by far the worst I've heard.

Do you understand why Apple of all people bought them? Not because of quality, but of market value. There are so many stupid people buying Beats that they don't even care, they made a killing off of the deal pretty much overnight.

I mean, when you have Gucci and Beats featured in the same dozen rap tracks, you know how shallow they are in terms of sound engineering.

Go into any recording studio. They have Audio Technicas, AKGs, Sennheisers, Beyerdynamics, etc. Beats only show up when rappers think they can engineer their own songs. Hint - They can't.

but they weren't made to be the best sounding headphones, did you read my first post?

So you want the Beats just to show off?

The are overpriced, sound worse than most other headphones, and you can have better looks with a cheaper pair of sennheiser headphones. Yet looks are all personal preference. So you may like the way they look, and others won't. 

There are good sounding headphones that look good.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Ok here is a example people don't buy Ralph Lauren polos because they're the best for keeping you warm, they dont buy Louis vuitton handbags because they hold the most stuff in them

Ok here is a example people don't buy Ralph Lauren polos because they're the best for keeping you warm, they dont buy Louis vuitton handbags because they hold the most stuff in them

No, they use them to show off how pointlessly wealthy they are, that they can spend that amount of money that impractically with impunity.

If they aren't wealthy enough to fit that bill then they are being pretentious. Or shallow. Because they bought them to fit into a particular mold.