Should I sli my 980 or buy a 980 ti

Go to solution Solved by clevercouple,

I am selling my gtx 980. I am tired of the Nvidia shenanigans. I just purchased a new 8gb 290x on Amazon for 299.99 after rebate maybe I will buy a second depending on temps. The memory 3.5 for the 970, the narrow bandwidth, now the async compute. I am done. AMD has been innovating with low level API's and HBM. What has Nvidia been doing? I feel like they are the Apple of the PC world a very closed garden, proprietary world that is taking advantage of there consumers. If AMD had a cash injection and could have better driver support there would be no reason to shop Nvidia. I just cannot support them anymore. I have been trying to turn a blind eye to the facts but a good consumer should consider the company they are doing business with. I am sorry but I had to get that off my chest. Thank you for your answers Sorry for the tyrade and I will get off my soap box now.

I already have a Gigabyte G1 980 but not really a great overclocker had to go down to 1480 Mhz for stable. I play at 1440p should I sell and get a 980 ti, maybe a Fury or Fury X or buy another 980? I have some extra cash right now but couldn't buy 2 980 ti's. I intend to keep this set up for some time and have heard mumblings about DX12 and Maxwell not being able to uses async compute. I have no loyalty to either Nvidia or AMD. I could always wait but I think the next series of cards are going to be a long while out.

I already have a Gigabyte G1 980 but not really a great overclocker had to go down to 1480 Mhz for stable. I play at 1440p should I sell and get a 980 ti, maybe a Fury or Fury X or buy another 980? I have some extra cash right now but couldn't buy 2 980 ti's. I intend to keep this set up for some time and have heard mumblings about DX12 and Maxwell not being able to uses async compute. I have no loyalty to either Nvidia or AMD. I could always wait but I think the next series of cards are going to be a long while out.

Just got my EVGA 980ti classified, waiting for the backplate to come from EK, to add the 980ti to rig. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

id sell the 980 and get a 980ti and maybe another down the road, like you said your card isnt great overclocker so your second card can only go as far as your first which means bad oc for both, get a 980ti (or fury X) you will get better performance then a single 980 (obviously) and you wont have to deal with games bugging out if they dont go well with sli

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

980 sli 

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Don't forget to follow your posts. Top right of the page, under the search bar.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I am selling my gtx 980. I am tired of the Nvidia shenanigans. I just purchased a new 8gb 290x on Amazon for 299.99 after rebate maybe I will buy a second depending on temps. The memory 3.5 for the 970, the narrow bandwidth, now the async compute. I am done. AMD has been innovating with low level API's and HBM. What has Nvidia been doing? I feel like they are the Apple of the PC world a very closed garden, proprietary world that is taking advantage of there consumers. If AMD had a cash injection and could have better driver support there would be no reason to shop Nvidia. I just cannot support them anymore. I have been trying to turn a blind eye to the facts but a good consumer should consider the company they are doing business with. I am sorry but I had to get that off my chest. Thank you for your answers Sorry for the tyrade and I will get off my soap box now.