Mom is offering a brand new Note 5 to me for $60 more

Raccatography
Go to solution Solved by DaltonM,

Get that note, it's going to be miles ahead of the note 3. 32gb is enough for all the apps you'll ever need, even some large games. 

I use my expandable storage only to hold literally hundreds of snes-ps1 games that I never play.

As for the battery, hell my note 4 doesn't last that long, but the fast charging is wonderful if you can get into the habit of carrying the cord and charger. It gets me 30% in 10 mins. 

Should I bite it? She's going to sell my Note 3 and she tells me I only have to pay her $60 more.

The Note 5 lacks expandable storage, USB3, and a bigger battery. Those are the three things holding me back

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

Should I bite it? She's going to sell my Note 3 and she tells me I only have to pay her $60 more.

The Note 5 lacks expandable storage, USB3, and a bigger battery. Those are the three things holding me back

I'm not sure about the Note 5 but a lot of samsung devices come with a free 50gb upgrade to dropbox so the expandable storage wouldn't be TOO big of a deal if you have pictures/videos taking up space, however I do know how annoying it is having to delete apps and I do not know if it is on the note 5. 

USB3 is nice but I get along fine without it. Do you need it?

The bigger battery however IS annoying. Part of the reason I got an LG G3 because the 3,000mAh battery but that doesn't last as long as I thought, it will last even less time on a bigger, brighter display like the Note 5's. 

In tests online it apparently survives 10 hours which is not brilliant. It's up to you entirely though. 

I'm not sure about the Note 5 but a lot of samsung devices come with a free 50gb upgrade to dropbox so the expandable storage wouldn't be TOO big of a deal if you have pictures/videos taking up space, however I do know how annoying it is having to delete apps and I do not know if it is on the note 5. 

USB3 is nice but I get along fine without it. Do you need it?

The bigger battery however IS annoying. Part of the reason I got an LG G3 because the 3,000mAh battery but that doesn't last as long as I thought, it will last even less time on a bigger, brighter display like the Note 5's. 

In tests online it apparently survives 10 hours which is not brilliant. It's up to you entirely though. 

Yeah, the 50GB dropbox offer is amazing. You're right storage shouldn't be a problem... Even Google Photos/Drive can store 16gb of data for free.

I just expect newer stuff to support USB3 for faster data transfers.

I carry a big powerbank with me everyday so I don't think it'll be an issue. Whenever I'm driving and using power intensive apps (Maps and Waze), I have my phone plugged in

I guess I'll bite the bullet. It's a bargain and my mom told me I can pay her the $60 later, around January 2016. Financials are tight atm but I'll bounce back within 2 months.

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Get that note, it's going to be miles ahead of the note 3. 32gb is enough for all the apps you'll ever need, even some large games. 

I use my expandable storage only to hold literally hundreds of snes-ps1 games that I never play.

As for the battery, hell my note 4 doesn't last that long, but the fast charging is wonderful if you can get into the habit of carrying the cord and charger. It gets me 30% in 10 mins. 

Yeah. The camera will be better. Note 3 has a nasty way of oversharpening everything.

That's true... and expandable storage is a lot slower than the built in one anyways.

I've got a hefty powerbank but I would've preferred it if Samsung decided to give the Note a bigger battery

galaxy s6 active? or is that more expensive?

That would fit my lifestyle so well. I'm a mountaineer and I plan on doing free diving and rock climbing soon when I get my financials up again :)

But sadly, only the Note 5 is being offered (at a ridiculously affordable price) by the merchant my mom approached.