iPhone 6s Plus vs Android

So I want to get a phone but idk what to get. Performance for the price is definitely the main factor. All the new hype for iPhone 6s plus is crazy and idk what to get (I'm not really smartphone savvy). There are these other smartphones that I am considering (especially the Moto X Pure). I love the customization of android and the overall look of the phones. I also like the nice optimization of the iPhone and the fast use. I don't really know about the camera, iPhone is 12 mp but people say its better than a 20mp camera on an Android. Is this true and would it be versus the Moto x? Also the moto x pure is probably a lot cheaper than the iPhone 6s plus. (I really like the gestures on moto like shaking it for the camera and karate chop for flashlight). I want the phone that is just fast to use, good looking, great camera and enough memory. Any suggestions? And please add any info you think is important. Thanks !!

post-259489-0-54066500-1441991576_thumb.

Get the samsung, or a oneplus 2

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

inb4"applesucksew"

Personally, I prefer iPhones (I have a 6+) because of how simple they are to use, the cpu specs don't really matter as a dual core iPhone is enough for me, I don't even need 8 cores on a phone wtf. As long as it does the job I want it to do, I'm happy. Plus, the camera is one of the important things I look for in a phone, the 6 Plus has a superb camera, I would've got the LG G4 for its RAW shooting and manual capabilities but it wasn't out when I got my iPhone.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Megapixels DO NOT matter when it comes to camera quality, iirc HTC Use some absurdly high megapixel camera and it still looks like ass compared to other high end phones

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

So I want to get a phone but idk what to get. Performance for the price is definitely the main factor. All the new hype for iPhone 6s plus is crazy and idk what to get (I'm not really smartphone savvy). There are these other smartphones that I am considering (especially the Moto X Pure). I love the customization of android and the overall look of the phones. I also like the nice optimization of the iPhone and the fast use. I don't really know about the camera, iPhone is 12 mp but people say its better than a 20mp camera on an Android. Is this true and would it be versus the Moto x? Also the moto x pure is probably a lot cheaper than the iPhone 6s plus. (I really like the gestures on moto like shaking it for the camera and karate chop for flashlight). I want the phone that is just fast to use, good looking, great camera and enough memory. Any suggestions? And please add any info you think is important. Thanks !!

Give Sony a chance.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Okay. I may have asked this before, but someone please enlighten me.

What is so god damn important about a phone's computing hardware? I keep seeing people spec whore over which CPU's the latest and greatest phone is using, but all I do is browse Reddit and other low demanding stuff on my phone. I can't imagine someone would actually need a Qualcom 905 XXX Overclocked Dank Edition in their phone.

inb4"applesucksew"

Personally, I prefer iPhones (I have a 6+) because of how simple they are to use, the cpu specs don't really matter as a dual core iPhone is enough for me, I don't even need 8 cores on a phone wtf. As long as it does the job I want it to do, I'm happy. Plus, the camera is one of the important things I look for in a phone, the 6 Plus has a superb camera, I would've got the LG G4 for its RAW shooting and manual capabilities but it wasn't out when I got my iPhone.

I heard it might be a tri core.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

The Sony phone has the most intriguing specs

The MotoX will probably be the cheapest among them

The Note 5 being the most popular Android among the three

And of course the newest iPhone out there (with some new additions like a better camera)

I would just go with whatever ecosystem you like

My suggestion would be the MotoX for Android or the iPhone 6S+ for iOS

What is so god damn important about a phone's computing hardware? I keep seeing people spec whore over which CPU's the latest and greatest phone is using, but all I do is browse Reddit and other low demanding stuff on my phone. I can't imagine someone would actually need a Qualcom 905 XXX Overclocked Dank Edition in their phone.

just bragging rights

you dont need that much power unless youre trying to play really intensive games or render videos on your phone, which you shouldnt really be doing with a phone

all those options you listed are fine, done choose a phone by its specs, they are all capable enough

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

this is stupid, the iPhone is not even out yet, also iPhone has NFC but isn't using it anywhere except Apple pay, I prefer iOS for the simplicity and because 2 android phones failed me and 2 ios phones didn't

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I'm really tempted to wait for that Z5 Premium, that thing looks sick and the specs are top notch. For you Android users let me tell you something, specs don't matter when it comes to iPhones, they have the advantage of a closed ecosystem that doesn't need to have specs similar to PCs to work smoothly, they are like a game so well optimized that every pc even with shitty components can run smooth at 60fps, phones with Android on the other hand need to have the latest components to keep up. I'm an Android guy don't get me wrong, but right now, I'm getting the 6s Plus as soon as it comes out.

Most of the newer CPUs are going towards the efficiency rather than performance (besides the 810)

e.g; Decrease power usage, fix heating issues and/or redesigning architecture entirely 

Most of the newer CPUs are going towards the efficiency rather than performance (besides the 810)

e.g; Decrease power usage, fix heating issues and/or redesigning architecture entirely 

Okay, I guess I was looking at it from the wrong POV.

Thanks.

this is stupid, the iPhone is not even out yet, also iPhone has NFC but isn't using it anywhere except Apple pay, I prefer iOS for the simplicity and because 2 android phones failed me and 2 ios phones didn't

Exactly the same thing, iPhones have never failed me, Android phones keep constantly doing it. I had a Samsung S4 got it as soon as it came out and the thing worked great at the beginning and then it becomes all buggy, battery degrades and starts running out of battery faster, then I got an iPhone 5s and what a difference lasted me till today, but since we changed carriers I got a Note 4 and same thing, all great at the beginning but then it became a piece of shit and that's where I am right now, waiting for another iPhone. 

Exactly the same thing, iPhones have never failed me, Android phones keep constantly doing it. I had a Samsung S4 got it as soon as it came out and the thing worked great at the beginning and then it becomes all buggy, battery degrades and starts running out of battery faster, then I got an iPhone 5s and what a difference lasted me till today, but since we changed carriers I got a Note 4 and same thing, all great at the beginning but then it became a piece of shit and that's where I am right now, waiting for another iPhone. 

I just don't get it, people that love android love android and can tell anyone but if I say that I like iPhones I am a applefag because I don't want bad copies of an iPhone with android :D

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I have had so many issues with new apple products that i do not think that it is worth wasting the money. I am going to go with the oneplus 2 in replacement to the iPhone 6 Plus

I just don't get it, people that love android love android and can tell anyone but if I say that I like iPhones I am a applefag because I don't want bad copies of an iPhone with android :D

I can tell you right now, if I get the Moto X Style and my apps continue to crash, I'm switching to an iPhone.

They think we are stupid or sheep for having iPhones, but owning a product doesn't mean you have to be a fanboy. I have both and I can tell the difference. I even tried Cyanogenmod in some of my devices, I have it on my S4 and on a Sony Xperia tablet, I STILL PREFER IPHONE. 

I prefer Apples phone too.  I have been using them since the 4s and love the way they work.  I have used android phones and tablets, but I still prefer iOS.  As far as specs go though, its a phone and most smartphones have hardware that works just fine.  Developers will always base what they do on the low end anyway, right?  So whats the point of all of those high end specs?

I heard it might be a tri core.

Been hearing that too.... No idea why Apple would never announce it's a new tri core processor.

I still think it's dual core.

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I have had so many issues with new apple products that i do not think that it is worth wasting the money. I am going to go with the oneplus 2 in replacement to the iPhone 6 Plus

3 People in my direct family have iPhones (6 and 6+) and never had a problem with them. My best friend has an iphone 6plus and no problems at all. I own the Note 4 and I can't stand the lag anymore, buggy UI and that disabling as many of Samsungs crap as I could. I have Formatted my Note 4 more than twice in the past year, never had to do it with my iPhone. 

As someone who uses an iPhone 4 and has used a 6 Plus extensively, I might have to give this one to the 6s Plus.

It looks nice, it does 4K video (i know other phones did it a year ago) and, most importantly, it's probably more supported than Android, even at this point.

They are really stable in terms of OS (my aging iPhone 4 only amost locked up ONCE, and that was with the VLC app) and the app store itself is pretty decent.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

inb4"applesucksew"

agreed,  apple keep it simple, they dont overload the phone with all these stupid apps you dont need or will ever use, people look at the specs and automatically think "yeah its shit" when really its one of the most used   phones in the world, still  rocking my iphone 5s after the switch from the galaxy s5 back in august last year, this is the first phone ive had for that long.

i   had every galaxy phone from the s2 to the s5, didnt like the feel, made of cheap quality material  and although the screens were really good and colorful i dont like andriod. also had the experia z1 when that was released and although i liked the waterproof feature it was bulky and got very hot.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Been hearing that too.... No idea why Apple would never announce it's a new tri core processor.

I still think it's dual core.

Most of the public won't get what tri core means.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

agreed,  apple keep it simple, they dont overload the phone with all these stupid apps you dont need or will ever use, people look at the specs and automatically think "yeah its shit" when really its one of the most used   phones in the world, still  rocking my iphone 5s after the switch from the galaxy s5 back in august last year, this is the first phone ive had for that long.

i   had every galaxy phone from the s2 to the s5, didnt like the feel, made of cheap quality material  and although the screens were really good and colorful i dont like andriod. also had the experia z1 when that was released and although i liked the waterproof feature it was bulky and got very hot.

at least someone understands instead of trash talking apple because everyone else talks shit about the company because they're jumping on the bandwagon. smh.

Old Rig