Washing my mouth of the disappointment that is MGSV

Sharkyx1

As a long time fan of the series after finishing Metal Gear Solid Venom I'm just completely filled with disappointment. What a disaster. I don't even know what to play anymore. I tried finishing witcher 3,but I can't get back into it, I got a copy of AC Unity in reddit for free, that's pretty fun, but ugh, I just can't believe this is real life and after all the hype MGSV is simply okay

Maybe I'll go outside

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Why was the game bad?

Just started playing it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That's weird because I've heard nothing but good things about the game.

Why was the game bad?

Just started playing it.

Is got great gameplay. You should continue playing it

I felt it didn't live up to the hype and trailers

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Im no die hard MGS Fan. I think its a fun Action Stealth Game. The Story is not that good (20hours in), but there´s alot of content and Quiet is super hot ;). And the PC port is, some minor issues aside, realy good. I dont like their Location recycling and some repetitive elements, but over all its a good Game, i like it 7/10.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Most things can't. Why valve is so afraid of HL3, there's no way they could live up to the hype.

That's weird because I've heard nothing but good things about the game.

The MGS community is basically split down the middle on it

What I wanted was more crazy supernatural aid, less afghan base invasion simulator 2015

Most things can't. Why valve is so afraid of HL3, there's no way they could live up to the hype.

No, thats not the Reason. Valve is too busy counting Money. They make more Money than any other Publisher or Developer without making anything else than run Steam.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Well of course not, same goes for movie and such, all the time. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I recommend Ori and The Blind Forest everytime.

Extremely beautiful game in all regards.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I have it but haven't started playing it yet. I've heard nothing but mostly good things about it as well.

I'm gonna finish playing L.A. Noire first. Yeah, it's locked at 30fps but it's still a good game. 

Im no die hard MGS Fan. I think its a fun Action Stealth Game. The Story is not that good (20hours in), but there´s alot of content and Quiet is super hot ;). And the PC port is, some minor issues aside, realy good. I dont like their Location recycling and some repetitive elements, but over all its a good Game, i like it 7/10.

I'm a crazy metal Gear fan with every game a couple times over and this game was announced 4 days after my birthday 3 Years ago,"it's been quite some time" I've been counting the days until release, I graduated highschool and entered university waiting for this game

And I was expecting this game to be almost as good as mgs3,not best game ever, but great, no compromises, and to tie up the MGS story and feel conclusive

We got great gameplay, Half finished story and recycled assets everywhere. And it has almost nothing important to add to the mgs story, MGR felt more like a Metal Gear game

It's no bad game, but it's the second worst MGS

As a long time fan of the series after finishing Metal Gear Solid Venom I'm just completely filled with disappointment. What a disaster. I don't even know what to play anymore. I tried finishing witcher 3,but I can't get back into it, I got a copy of AC Unity in reddit for free, that's pretty fun, but ugh, I just can't believe this is real life and after all the hype MGSV is simply okay

Maybe I'll go outside

I'v only played a 13 hours in total, but I'm loving it.

There isn't any game that is like it. 

Graphics are quite good, although a bit dull sometimes as it is in Afghanistan (Not sure if it changes later) . 

Love the 'motherbase' upgrading etc, to help you in combat.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

It's the little things that make the game great IMO, sticking C4 to soldiers, playing a diarrhoea clip whilst in the toilet so the guards don't enter, guards trying to counter your every move gas masks if you smoke, helmets if you traq, bullet proof vests if you shoot alot and Night vision goggles if you do al ot of mission at night, the clip of where you return to motherbase after not having a shower and you get a bucket of water thrown at you, . It can get grindy but I'm up to the part where you have  to extract emmet or whatever he's called the scientist dude, I'm not a die hard MGS fan but I played mgs 3 and ground zeros and liked both, I think MGS:V is better than both, just an opinion. .

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I'm a crazy metal Gear fan with every game a couple times over and this game was announced 4 days after my birthday 3 Years ago,"it's been quite some time" I've been counting the days until release, I graduated highschool and entered university waiting for this game

And I was expecting this game to be almost as good as mgs3,not best game ever, but great, no compromises, and to tie up the MGS story and feel conclusive

We got great gameplay, Half finished story and recycled assets everywhere. And it has almost nothing important to add to the mgs story, MGR felt more like a Metal Gear game

It's no bad game, but it's the second worst MGS

The last MGS i played was on the PS1. The Mainstory is kind of boring, but i cant judge if its "real" MGS or not. I just play because of the Gameplay itself.

Also there's a guy who was going around on launch day posting spoilers, k acper without the space, I've blocked him and I suggest anyone not finished do the same

The last MGS i played was on the PS1. The Mainstory is kind of boring, but i cant judge if its "real" MGS or not. I just play because of the Gameplay itself.

And i think MGS canon is one of the most fun in gaming, but there is supposed to be big story events during the time this game takes place that this game goes out of its way to avoid dealing with

It's the best game I've ever played IMO, each to there own.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I think mgs3 and dark souls are tied for my favourite

Have you completed it?

And i think MGS canon is one of the most fun in gaming, but there is supposed to be big story events during the time this game takes place that this game goes out of its way to avoid dealing with

DLC incomming i quess.

Give us more Money

-Konami

Realy? 0_o Did you start Gaming two Weeks ago?

Maybe I'll go outside

I believe you are disappointed by the script, aren't you ? I kind of understand you. The gameplay is great (imo), but the scenario isn't as ... "MGS" as the others. That's a shame because each little glimpse of good twists is great. But there aren't enough :/

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Getting hyped and having big expectations is the worst thing you can do before playing a game.

To best enjoy new games what you need is an open mind (blank slate) and approach it like a child. I don't mean that in a kiddish dumbed down way but rather be prepared to get into something new and enjoy it for whatever it has to offer. The problem is when we hype games in our head we go into it already thinking we know what it should be and exactly how it should entertain us.

Alright. I gave in and have put about 5 hours in......and I love it.

The only complaint I really hate is the save system is atrocious. If I make one mistake and want to go back and try again it literally takes me back like 30 minutes or even longer. Pretty annoying.

Maybe I'll go outside

from the very first trailer..they showed what the game was gonna be...im curious where you got your info about the game if not from the trailers

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile