Washing my mouth of the disappointment that is MGSV

Sharkyx1

I felt it didn't live up to the hype and trailers

Why, at this point, would anyone look at these pre-release hype trailers and assume the games would actually live up to them? How many times does this have to happen?

Alright. I gave in and have put about 5 hours in......and I love it.

The only complaint I really have is the save system is atrocious. If I make one mistake and want to go back and try again it literally takes me back like 30 minutes or even longer. Pretty annoying.

Ya, i hate that console crap. I want safe whenever i want!

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Ya, i hate that console crap. I want safe whenever i want!

This is this series had that on ps1,it's just gone backwards to auto save

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Why, at this point, would anyone look at these pre-release hype trailers and assume the games would actually live up to them? How many times does this have to happen?

Some people complain when the graphics are slightly different from the release game

But I had yet to see trailers that deliver different content than what they advertise. Watch Dogs was what the trailers showed, Witcher 3 was what the trailers showed, MGSV the trailers are from a single mission and don't have anything to do with the majority of the game

I would rather had a graphics downgrade and a better game than mgsv, the trailers advertised a crazy supernatural game worth loads of cinematic moments and Big Boss breaking bad

I thought I was pretty safe

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

from the very first trailer..they showed what the game was gonna be...im curious where you got your info about the game if not from the trailers

The first trailer looked like this

http://images.eurogamer.net/2015/usgamer/Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2015-Screen-Man-on-Fire.jpg

The final game looks like this

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Screenshot-9.jpg

No, thats not the Reason. Valve is too busy counting Money. They make more Money than any other Publisher or Developer without making anything else than run Steam.

It's one of the reasons...

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

I recommend Ori and The Blind Forest everytime.

Extremely beautiful game in all regards.

That one is great. Also Dust an Elysian Tail.

Personally I have never played any MGS game and I don't think I ever will. From what I seen there is nothing of interest to me.

Some people complain when the graphics are slightly different from the release game

But I had yet to see trailers that deliver different content than what they advertise. Watch Dogs was what the trailers showed, Witcher 3 was what the trailers showed, MGSV the trailers are from a single mission and don't have anything to do with the majority of the game

I would rather had a graphics downgrade and a better game than mgsv, the trailers advertised a crazy supernatural game worth loads of cinematic moments and Big Boss breaking bad

I thought I was pretty safe

To be fair, the devs admitted Witcher 3 did actually look like it was in the e3 gameplay but they had to downgrade the graphics because they couldn't get it to run even remotely playable on the consoles. It's way too hard for the consoles to push as it is. It dips down to 15fps in some areas and runs on an average 20-25fps on the PS4. I'm glad the devs are making more money by bringing it to consoles but the fact that it's the sole reason we got a complete downgrade on PC is pretty annoying. 

:huh: 

That is in the game, that's the prologue—probably even that exact same scene. You see cinematics of that guy over and over. These were in my Steam screenshots folder:

qibbcp9.jpg

ddqKPlH.jpg

c5rm7dj.jpg

I think the only trailer for MGS:V I remember having seen showed a stealth section through a base at night time. Pretty much exactly what the game is, and exactly what I wanted from a masterpiece stealth game.

i think the games amazing, I'm loving every minute of it! snake eater used to be my favourite but this has easily surpassed it

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

@Sharkyx1 Hey. Can you tell me, do i need Mortars, Maschineguns, AA ect. bring back to motherbase in the Singleplayer? Thx.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The MGS community is basically split down the middle on it

What I wanted was more crazy supernatural aid, less afghan base invasion simulator 2015

roasted 

giphy.gif

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

@Sharkyx1 Hey. Can you tell me, do i need Mortars, Maschineguns, AA ect. bring back to motherbase in the Singleplayer? Thx.

you bring them back to defend your base from other players invasions, you need upgraded fulton to do so though.

:huh: 

That is in the game, that's the prologue—probably even that exact same scene. You see cinematics of that guy over and over. These were in my Steam screenshots folder:

qibbcp9.jpg

ddqKPlH.jpg

c5rm7dj.jpg

I think the only trailer for MGS:V I remember having seen showed a stealth section through a base at night time. Pretty much exactly what the game is, and exactly what I wanted from a masterpiece stealth game.

again i'm not talking about graphics, im saying the trailers show a game with crazy supernatural shit, when thats in fact a single level in a 60hr game and it doesn't accurately show the game

you bring them back to defend your base from other players invasions, you need upgraded fulton to do so though.

No, i only mean the SinglePlayer, the stuff i send to Motherbase. Vehicles ect. are used for NPC Missions, but what do AA Guns, Mortar ect. in SP?

Im offline and other Players cant invade the MB.

No, i only mean the SinglePlayer, the stuff i send to Motherbase. Vehicles ect. are used for NPC Missions, but what do AA Guns, Mortar ect. in SP?

Im offline and other Players cant invade the MB.

Nothing. if you are offline and haven't built an FOB they do nothing, all they are for is the FOB defence

Nothing. if you are offline and haven't built an FOB they do nothing, all they are for is the FOB defence

So i can stop waste money to bring them back. I wonder why i can bring them to motherbase in the frist place...Thanks.

So i can stop waste money to bring them back. I wonder why i can bring them to motherbase in the frist place...Thanks.

i think its just for looks basically, and yeah stop wasting money, but its not like money is ever an issue as you get farther in

I'm a crazy metal Gear fan with every game a couple times over and this game was announced 4 days after my birthday 3 Years ago,"it's been quite some time" I've been counting the days until release, I graduated highschool and entered university waiting for this game

And I was expecting this game to be almost as good as mgs3,not best game ever, but great, no compromises, and to tie up the MGS story and feel conclusive

We got great gameplay, Half finished story and recycled assets everywhere. And it has almost nothing important to add to the mgs story, MGR felt more like a Metal Gear game

It's no bad game, but it's the second worst MGS

Half finished story? If anything It's because Konami doesn't like Kojima because his games are expensive to make. But also make a shit ton of money in the process.

I can completely see the story. Did you listen to the tapes and such ? I hope so.

It's basically a story about revenge. Not to mention the multiple endings.

Plus watch the cut content on youtube that should've been the "good" ending to the game.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

It's honestly not that great....

Every single mission feels exactly the same.

? Lol what that's every MGS game to date.

MGS1 " Sneak around and kill some baddies, save people and fight your twin brother"

MGS2 " Play as a person not as snake, but to show that anyone can become anything or anyone exactly with the right training"

MGS3 " Sneak around killing baddies, mange to fight supernatural beings/people. Learn about loyalty and the extent of that loyalty for the greater good. Learned that the Army/CIA/FBI other any other government organization is always doing sneaky/sketchy shit"

MGS4 " Trying to prevent your brother from killing everyone and destroy the A.I controlling the world order. Learn about your father's true identity and what lengths he and his friend tried to change the world. Learning about how to move on from violence and lead a normal life"

MGSPO " Sneak around and killing baddies, learning about how people can twist a person's idea to fit their own personal agenda. Learned about how history repeats itself "

MGSPW " Sneak around and kill baddies. Learning about how nuclear deterrence works. Learned how A.I's can think by it self. Learned how Nuclear Weapons in general are bad "

MGSGZ " Sneak around and kill baddies. Obtain tapes/hear tapes for backstory. Save two people one a kid and another a grown adult/spy. Learned about love can change a person. Learned about how somethings don't always seem how they be.

Edited by Ramamataz

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

You can Fulton them for additional money when you're in a pickle.

Half finished story? If anything It's because Konami doesn't like Kojima because his games are expensive to make. But also make a shit ton of money in the process.

I can completely see the story. Did you listen to the tapes and such ? I hope so.

It's basically a story about revenge. Not to mention the multiple endings.

Plus watch the cut content on youtube that should've been the "good" ending to the game.

I'm, talking about how they didn't finish any of the story arcs they started like, the story in general was a disaster compared to even the likes of PW and PO

I listened to every single tape including Code Talkers VOCAL CORD PARASITE calls, and The Hamburgers of Kazuihira Miller

Half of chapter 2 thats missing instead of repeated missions on higher difficulties called "main missions" which only confuses people and makes them seem neccesary

Eli, who vanishes into air with Mantis and Metal Gear Hippopotmous 

Quiet, who doesn't pay off

The truth getting dropped immediately after the shining lights mission so that it can't pay off

The only well worked out characters are Huey and Miller

I think the game should have had like 5 more hours of cutscenes, a full chapter 2 and chapter 3

? Lol what that's every MGS game to date.

MGS1 " Sneak around and kill some baddies, save people and fight your twin brother"

MGS2 " Play as a person not as snake, but to show that anyone can become anything or anyone exactly with the right training"

MGS3 " Sneak around killing baddies, mange to fight supernatural beings/people. Learn about loyalty and the extent of that loyalty for the greater good. Learned that the Army/CIA/FBI other any other government organization is always doing sneaky/sketchy shit"

MGS4 " Trying to prevent your brother from killing everyone and destroy the A.I controlling the world order. Learn about your father's true identity and what lengths he and his friend tried to change the world. Learning about how to move on from violence and lead a normal life"

MGSPO " Sneak around and killing baddies, learning about how people can twist a person's idea to fit their own personal agenda. Learned about how history repeats itself "

MGSPW " Sneak around and kill baddies. Learning about how nuclear deterrence works. Learned how A.I's can think by it self. Learned how Nuclear Weapons in general are bad "

MGSGZ " Sneak around and kill baddies. Obtain tapes/hear tapes for backstory. Save two people one a kid and another a grown adult/spy. Learned about love can change a person. Learned about how somethings don't always seem how they be.

Exactly my point.