UltraWide Festival 2015

I know exactly how you feel. I'm surprised I didn't comment on your video before. I certainly remember watching it and thinking it was pretty cool.

When i saw i was super sad i was 23 year old about to call his mom at work sad lol

I know exactly how you feel. I'm surprised I didn't comment on your video before. I certainly remember watching it and thinking it was pretty cool.

Like I know the editing wasnt the best but hell I just started learning like a month or two ago

Thanks to everyone who participated. It was really really hard for me to pick out the winners and honestly if I had 30 monitors to give out myself I could have easily found 30 deserving people :(

I want to clarify a couple of points

1. I *DID* say the submission requirements may vary for the other YouTubers and I didn't judge anything longer than 30 seconds.

2. A huge thing for me was presenting your rig in an entertaining and creative way, so all of our top 25 entries have been watched by at least 2 members of our staff and by me at least 5x to ensure that it didn't just stand out to me the first time, but also after repeat viewing.

One of the reasons I don't run these contests more often is that there can only be so many winners and I hate seeing all of that work go into something in hopes of winning only to have it not happen, but if it helps at all I genuinely enjoyed watching all the entries and I plan to go through and re-watch a good number of them now that the stress of judging them is over.

Linus 

Truth be old I was bummed to find out,I wasn't good enough but Yay..

By the way did you consider the 31 second videos? 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

> be me

> wondering why Linus didn't select my entry

> watched videos of selected entries

> realized my entry was sh*t compared to them

> curl up into a ball

> trynottocry.jpg

> cryalot.jpg

I know the feeling 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Did anyone received an email after the contest finished and the winners had announced? 

Did anyone received an email after the contest finished and the winners had announced? 

I was one of the winners and haven't heard anything yet :/ 

no email yet.

anyone else get one? also, still no "Guess How Many Entries" Winner yet. was supposed to be yesterday too.

I have a feeling emails have been delayed due to a problem Unbox Therapy is trying to fix. There was an overlooked video (which I am REALLY hoping to see in the semi finals because he truly deserved it). I for one, am glad he's putting effort into getting SwiftStyle in because that entry was insanely well done.

Just in case everyone is wondering, yes, he did submit a video on time.

Here's his entry

Were the winners picked based on most creative videos or just random picks

Were the winners picked based on most creative videos or just random picks

all based on creativity, but each judge can base it on their own criteria

all based on creativity, but each judge can base it on their own criteria

Ahh If i knew that i wouldnt have even tried...mine was just a 30 sec clip of my computer/desk

no email yet.

anyone else get one? also, still no "Guess How Many Entries" Winner yet. was supposed to be yesterday too.

Yup. I didn't receive any emails Dx

Thanks to everyone who participated. It was really really hard for me to pick out the winners and honestly if I had 30 monitors to give out myself I could have easily found 30 deserving people :(

1. I *DID* say the submission requirements may vary for the other YouTubers and I didn't judge anything longer than 30 seconds.

2. A huge thing for me was presenting your rig in an entertaining and creative way, so all of our top 25 entries have been watched by at least 2 members of our staff and by me at least 5x to ensure that it didn't just stand out to me the first time, but also after repeat viewing.

One of the reasons I don't run these contests more often is that there can only be so many winners and I hate seeing all of that work go into something in hopes of winning only to have it not happen, but if it helps at all I genuinely enjoyed watching all the entries and I plan to go through and re-watch a good number of them now that the stress of judging them is over.

Linus 

You should show a few of your favs that didn't make it into the winning ten during the WAN show 

I have a feeling emails have been delayed due to a problem Unbox Therapy is trying to fix. There was an overlooked video (which I am REALLY hoping to see in the semi finals because he truly deserved it). I for one, am glad he's putting effort into getting SwiftStyle in because that entry was insanely well done.

Here's his entry

tell me you won

Here's his entry

IMO, his passion is not into PC Gaming or any of that stuff that's why. just me two cents

IMO, his passion is not into PC Gaming or any of that stuff that's why. just me two cents

There are WAY more applications for powerful computers than just gaming. That's kind of why computers are ubiquitous.

Whew, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten the email yet.

Ooh~

There are WAY more applications for powerful computers than just gaming. That's kind of why computers are ubiquitous.

Sure. Gaming is really not that demanding compared to a professional usage. 

Whew, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten the email yet.

Same here.

Should we send them an email asking about an email, or should we just wait this out? lol

Linus 

Hey, although you may never read this, could you release a list of the top 25 entries? It would have been good to see them also. As I much enjoyed making my video, as well as watching other entries.  :)

Should we send them an email asking about an email, or should we just wait this out? lol

Very good question. No updates about the situation at all. would be reassuring to hear anything from anyone involved with the contest at this point :/

Very good question. No updates about the situation at all. would be reassuring to hear anything from anyone involved with the contest at this point :/

I feel like we should let them do their thing because it's their contest to begin with, but this thing has been really stressful and it would be nice to get some updates.