UltraWide Festival 2015

I have just received my T-Shirt and Hoodie Box.
I don't know why i'm so hyped about some stupid clothes, but it's such a nice touch! :)

The box itself tells everything: (Click for full res)
ksT1Qhe.jpg?3

TZr9F6E.jpg?2

3QOLVgM.jpg?1

Sorry, didn't have enough time for much more. :P  Pics of the shirt and hoodie itself to come...

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

Glad that you uploaded those, I didnt have time for taking pictures :). Hyped :D

Also just received the T-Shirt and Hoodie...

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

Ooh~

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the just answered. They included a transformer so I can connect it to a power in Poland :D. I hope they did it for other people too :)

So i just got this new e-mail but I'm a bit confused about the put your wishlist together on amazon thing. are we only allowed to buy LG monitors/products?

-Also; this Vancouver thing makes me kind of sad. it's a national holiday on the 5th of december where I live and also I have flight anxiety :(

So i just got this new e-mail but I'm a bit confused about the put your wishlist together on amazon thing. are we only allowed to buy LG monitors/products?

-Also; this Vancouver thing makes me kind of sad. it's a national holiday on the 5th of december where I live and also I have flight anxiety :(

You know, u dont have to enter the final... ^^.

We can choose only lg monitors, the rest could be any brand. But... We have only few days to make the entry.... ;(

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the just answered. They included a transformer so I can connect it to a power in Poland :D. I hope they did it for other people too :)

yeah in the instruction email they said they're sending a power adapter, worried it won't arrive until a few days after the monitor giving us even less time to create the video :(

yeah we just received that email, i hope they're not going to make the wishlist our final set-up as was hoping to pick our inspirer's brain on the best tools to use and what's most important with regards to hardware around video production.

You know, u dont have to enter the final... ^^.

We can choose only lg monitors, the rest could be any brand. But... We have only few days to make the entry.... ;(

Yeah it's gonna be pretty rushed i'm afraid :(. also... what do they consider setup? :S everything related to your pc? or everything related to creating videos?

yeah in the instruction email they said they're sending a power adapter, worried it won't arrive until a few days after the monitor giving us even less time to create the video :(

yeah we just received that email, i hope they're not going to make the wishlist our final set-up as was hoping to pick our inspirer's brain on the best tools to use and what's most important with regards to hardware around video production.

That's what I was asking myself too :/

Just received my monitor. still have to unpack it though. will report back in a couple of hours when i've unpacked it!

Yeah it's gonna be pretty rushed i'm afraid :(. also... what do they consider setup? :S everything related to your pc? or everything related to creating videos?

everything u want related to computer stuff. i would like to get a digital mixer which could also be an audio interface ^^

Just received my monitor. still have to unpack it though. will report back in a couple of hours when i've unpacked it!

Lucky, most of us will have to wait until the 29th at least.

But that won't stop me from making the wishlist now!!

Ooh~

Lucky, most of us will have to wait until the 29th at least.

But that won't stop me from making the wishlist now!!

I already know from fedex that I will get it on 30th! ;(

Monitor is working just fine, the package looked kind of damaged from the outside but it was very safely packed inside the box. no dead pixels detected so i'm very happy!. good luck to anyone for the finals, i'm still undecided if i'm going to participate or not because of my flight anxiety haha

Monitor is working just fine, the package looked kind of damaged from the outside but it was very safely packed inside the box. no dead pixels detected so i'm very happy!. good luck to anyone for the finals, i'm still undecided if i'm going to participate or not because of my flight anxiety haha

Mine is already in my country so....maybe I'll get mine tomorrow! Would be great! :)

Did you get the multi adapter?

Mine is already in my country so....maybe I'll get mine tomorrow! Would be great! :)

Did you get the multi adapter?

Havent connected it myself haha. but there wasnt any problem connecting the monitor and I live in the Netherlands so... think you should be fine.

I've got a bit of a case of backlight bleeding on my monitor sadly. it's not too bad but it's a bit of a shame :P. Not sure what to do, don't think contacting LG will help. any tips? :(

I've got a bit of a case of backlight bleeding on my monitor sadly. it's not too bad but it's a bit of a shame :P. Not sure what to do, don't think contacting LG will help. any tips? :(

Id take pictures and send them to LG to see if it's what they would consider "normal" because I know it's an IPS panel which are know to have some backlight bleed.

Id take pictures and send them to LG to see if it's what they would consider "normal" because I know it's an IPS panel which are know to have some backlight bleed.

yeah but some of my worries are :

1. I might sound like a spoiled brat that complains about a 'given' monitor

2. I kind of need this monitor to make my new video so I still have to keep it for atleast another week (and If i try to contact them after they might tell me I should have said it earlier?)

3. It might be a pain in the ass for me to ship it to them if that needs to happen because I live far away from the location it was sent from and also, the warranty papers included with the monitor were only talking about US/Canada/Australia/New Zealand i believe. :(

2. I kind of need this monitor to make my new video so I still have to keep it for atleast another week (and If i try to contact them after they might tell me I should have said it earlier?)

3. It might be a pain in the ass for me to ship it to them if that needs to happen because I live far away from the location it was sent from and also, the warranty papers included with the monitor were only talking about US/Canada/Australia/New Zealand i believe. :(

Linus tested LG 34UC97C and there was some backlight bleeding but it was not visible as far as you didn't set the whole screen black. It's considered as normal. But if you see it all the time, I guess the package was not the only thing that got damaged :(

If I were you i'd just email the pictures and see if it's considered normal. Don't even ask for a replacement. If they think that a replacement is justified they will tell you. Also, a lot of times the Manufacturing quality engineers like to get back the defective models so they can figure out what went wrong and figure out where in the manufacturing process this problem occurred. So not only will emailing them confirm or ease your worries but it will also help LG make more consistent quality monitor in the future. 

Linus tested LG 34UC97C and there was some backlight bleeding but it was not visible as far as you didn't set the whole screen black. It's considered as normal. But if you see it all the time, I guess the package was not the only thing that got damaged :(

Oh it's actually only visible with a very dark screen or black screen (like a loading screen, that was actually when i first noticed it). so i guess it's considered normal? I wasnt introduced to this term and situation as of yet so I didnt know haha ^^. 

If I were you i'd just email the pictures and see if it's considered normal. Don't even ask for a replacement. If they think that a replacement is justified they will tell you. Also, a lot of times the Manufacturing quality engineers like to get back the defective models so they can figure out what went wrong and figure out where in the manufacturing process this problem occurred. So not only will emailing them confirm or ease your worries but it will also help LG make more consistent quality monitor in the future. 

I will probably do this but it seems to be something normal when a very dark screen occurs so i'm kind of relieved now. I didnt know this was such a common thing :). thanks for the advice mate!

People are talking about Blacklight Bleeding in their new monitor,

and I'm just here like:

"Is it here yet?"

Ooh~