Biggest Pet Peeve for gaming PC's

Squirrel

As the title says what annoys you the most that you see people do when they build a gaming pc? Is it a part in the pc, the way the build it? etc. Mine is people using flashy blue LED's that make it so you can barely see anything inside the case.

LED's everywhere (one color which fits the rest of your components is fine)

Also, no window.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

buying a k cpu and not overclocking

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Overspending on ram. I'm not talking about getting to much ram, I'm talking about spending a chunk on buffered ram when all they do is play minecraft

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Downgrading your gpu/other parts for an i7

Don't get me wrong, I love i7s, but you should never downgrade a gpu to use an i7 for gaming... games just are not optimized enough for that sacrifice.

Rainbow Pcs/flashing lights (different colors) 

I personally have red leds in my build, however when planning I made sure to have every part fit to that scheme.

Mobo is black

cpu cooler is black with red highlights

ram is a metallic red color

ect. ect.

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

I second all of the colour coordination. It must match.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

When someone buys a Pentium G2020 and a GTX 660 Ti with 16 GB RAM and then they ask why they are getting low fps in Crysis 3

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

1: Having a windowed case and having no color theme.

2: Any unsleeved cables, this does not include PSU cables similar to Corsairs cause those are awesome.

3: LED's that totally kill the theme of their build. For example RoG builds using red LED's. You are supposed to use white LED's to bring up the colors.

4: No cable management.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Blue PCB GPU with a golden motherboard....

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Non colour coordinated builds.

Depending on the budget, this^

Also, 3820's, 3930K's, anything beyond that--even worse.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Blue PCB GPU with a golden motherboard....

Hmm, this reminds me of Egyptian hieroglyphs that use blue and gold together.

I think it could be a very cool custom build if done correctly.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yeah, come to think of it.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

1.Cables management has to be at least decent.

2.Overspending on a CPU or RAM while buying a cheap GPU.

3.Overkill 1000watt PSU even though they only need about 500watts-600watts.

4.Colors MUST match! No excuses. Also not just the components inside the case but also the peripherals. (most of what the technology I have in my room is black, red, or silver all of which fits together rather nicely)

5.Overkill parts that don't get used. Example: 780 with a 720p display, not that I was unfortunate enough to see that but it would annoy me if I saw it.

Anyone who bought a "gaming" pc at a big box retail store and then attempts to justify to me why it's better than the build list I very carefully put together for them.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Anyone who bought a "gaming" pc at a big box retail store and then attempts to justify to me why it's better than the build list I very carefully put together for them.

THIS! It's the same with Alienware guys, even though I am using an X51 curently.

I mean, why buy a pre built when you could make it for yourself?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Overpaying on RAM.

Do Dom Platinums count?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

also when people whine about the game not being available outside of the steam store.

WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT ALL OF YOUR GAMES ORGANIZED IN A NICE API?!??!?!

wow, gnomes!

nothing really

a computer does the job i want

thats it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.