Is The GBA sp Region Locked?

doctorraichu

I'm looking to play some nice Japanese RPGS and I wanted to know if the GBA sp was region Locked? On another note, any recommendations for GBA JRPGS?

I dont think it is, i can play japanese pokemon on it (gbc tho) but i think gba games same

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

The game should be region free, be weary though if your playing Pokemon. A large amount of the Japanese cartridges sold to the US are bootlegs and are somewhat buggy. I remember I had a bootleg Pokemon Emerald, when I tried to migrate my Pokemon to Pearl it would delete the save. :(

The Gameboy Advance is not region locked. As Noire mentioned, there are lots of fake cartridges out there. Here's a good video that should help you spot them.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm looking to play some nice Japanese RPGS and I wanted to know if the GBA sp was region Locked? On another note, any recommendations for GBA JRPGS?

Breath of fire 1 and 2

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers