Most Comfortable Over-Ears?

M A J O R

I'm looking for some over-ears that are extremely comfortable. 

I currently have the ATHM50x's atm and they're fantastic, especially at their price point, but I can only wear them for 20-30mins before having to endure a headache for however long a period i'm wearing them. 

I get headaches quite easily from headphones so I was after some headphones that offer the 'best' comfort as well as sound quality. 

No budget (within reason)  as I would be willing to spend whatever need be to have some high quality comfortable headphones.  

Any suggestions e.g if open headphones provide more comfort over closed etc. 

Thanks a lot  :) 

Corsair Air 540 - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Corsair HX850i - Intel i7 6700K - Corsair H100i Pro - Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB - 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 - Samsung 860 QVO 1TB - Samsung 850 500GB - WD Black 4TB

Sennheiser GameOne. After 10 Minutes you forget that you wear Headphones+extreme good Sound. Its open Design and i fucking love it.

Edit: Oh i have read Headset you search a headphone. Maybe there are others than. Sennheisers GameOne is more for Gaming.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I actually own the DT990 premiums. Magnificently soft and comfortable things. Not to mention the sound is fantastic and if you go to their website you can satisfy your inner collector by customising a set if you like.

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/mf/manufaktur.html

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Beyerdynamic dt990s

Yup agreed my beyers are similar in design, comfy as hell could wear them all day

my sennhesier momentum on ears hurt after an hour or more

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I got a pair of Philips Fidelio L1's thru massdrop a while back and they have to be by far the most comfy headphones I have ever worn. I am by no means an audiophile or anything, but for my ears they sound fantastic, and I dont want to remove them from my head.

When in doubt, re-format.

Seems like a unanimous vote towards the DT990s. I'll check them out asap. Thanks guys.  

Corsair Air 540 - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Corsair HX850i - Intel i7 6700K - Corsair H100i Pro - Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB - 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 - Samsung 860 QVO 1TB - Samsung 850 500GB - WD Black 4TB

Beyerdynamic dt990s

I was going to say the same thing.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If your headaches are caused by clamping force, I would actually suggest something else from audio Technica...

Something like the AD500X/700X/900X/1000X/2000X. 

Or any of the closed variants. The Wing system that they use is supremely comfortable, but it definitely works better if you have a slightly larger head. (People with small heads complain that it feels like the headphone will simply fall off, or that the cups feel like they are hanging off their ears....)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 pillows with speakers inside of them? 

YESSS I'm so doing that :D

YESSS I'm so doing that :D

It's been done, it's called the Sony MDR XB1000 :P

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Sennheiser hd 558 and hd 650.Love it! Both so comfortable.Can wear them all day if i want.

I5-4690K 4.7GHZ/Corsair H105/16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz/Asus VII HERO Z97/Evga 980 Ti Hybrid(soon)/Evga G2 750W/NZXT H440/Samsung 840 250Gb/WD Blue 1Tb/Logitech G502/Corsair K70 Blue switch/Logitech z4/Dell u2414h/Sennheiser HD650 With O2 Amp and ODAC/Mic-ISK-CRU1

Sennheiser hd 558 and hd 650.Love it! Both so comfortable.Can wear them all day if i want.

I've never tried the 558, but I know that the HD650 has a relatively high clamping force, which is likely the cause of OPs discomfort, so I doubt OP would enjoy the HD650 too much. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

It's been done, it's called the Sony MDR XB1000 :P

NOOOOOOOOOO :wacko:  :blink:

NOOOOOOOOOO :wacko:  :blink:

Yup, I have a pair that's disassembled sitting in my desk.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Would probably have to agree on the DT 990's

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Hands down nvx xpt100 are.

They are so comfortable

Come with thick angled pads

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."