PS4 Software

Marcseli

Hey, so i was thinking that if i could download a copy of a PS4's software then i could boot up into a PS4 interface with a regular PC, because logically speaking a PS4 is made of pc parts so why not try upgrading those parts and make a better version of a PS4. I tried googling it but it doesn't seem like anyone has anything related for that matter. So is it possible to run the PS4 software into a pc? If so, how? Please help

My name Jeff

glhf with that one bud

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Lol it would be amazing if you could boot into a PS4 software with a good gaming pc

My name Jeff

Hey, so i was thinking that if i could download a copy of a PS4's software then i could boot up into a PS4 interface, because logically speaking a PS4 is made of pc parts so why not try upgrading those parts and make a better version of a PS4. I tried googling it but it doesn't seem like anyone has anything related for that matter. So is it possible to run the PS4 software into a pc? If so, how? Please help

Nope not possible

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hey, so i was thinking that if i could download a copy of a PS4's software then i could boot up into a PS4 interface, because logically speaking a PS4 is made of pc parts so why not try upgrading those parts and make a better version of a PS4. I tried googling it but it doesn't seem like anyone has anything related for that matter. So is it possible to run the PS4 software into a pc? If so, how? Please help

You can't. It doesn't work like that. Each part of the PS4 is custom made for it and it only. Not to mention you would need to also be a programmer to program the software to accommodate fancy GPU's and CPU's then manage to program that for the game as well so it can utilize it properly.

Sure it's similar to a PC but not completely you can't swap out parts for a PS4 as the parts of it are connected to the motherboard also special chips which prevent one from replacing Blu-Ray Drives properly unless you keep your current chip of the BRD.  

Only real thing you can do is swap out the HDD for higher storage capacity

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Oh, then i will find a way to make new hardware compatible with PS4 software through programming the software to match the requirements.

Anyways thanks for helping out

My name Jeff

Yeah its possible, but worth the hundreds of hours to get it working.....no. Plus the graphics would be the exact same since the games are optimized for the PS4 parts.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

Oh, then i will find a way to make new hardware compatible with PS4 software through programming the software to match the requirements.

you can't do that either, since the OS for ps4 will likely be protected by sony. Any form of unathorized changing of their software would atleast result in a sanction somesort the worst part is that sony might sue the shit out of you. 

Although there is a very unlikely chance that they will use the things you've done(by unlikely I mean 0.00001%). There might be emulators for ps4 already but obviously you can't access PSN through it.

as some people said; most of the hardware is directly soldered into the motherboard itself and any attempt at upgrades would be a waste of time and resouces

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

The PS4 operating system (codename Orbis OS) is a modified version of FreeBSD, which is readily available for PC for free. It'd be worlds easier to create a PS4-looking theme for FreeBSD than reverse-engineering the modifications Sony did to it.

You do that, get back to use when you accomplish this. we'll be waiting. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Lol i got plenty of time in my hands so might as well try installing it in my old laptop.

My name Jeff

It would be very difficult. You'll have better and easier time with XBox One.

Keep in mind however that games don't have graphics settings on console. So you can only do post processing. Low resolution textures are still low resolutions. While amazing things can be done, and has been done on GameCube and the Wii in boosting graphics at a post porcessing level, it costs a lot of performance, and requires a lot of processing power. Not to mention creating game graphical glitches that needs to be fixed.

Lol i got plenty of time in my hands so might as well try installing it in my old laptop.

Are you real? 

Emulation is closest you get. Consoles are more like Apple Macs than PCs. Custom software on partly custom hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv