Comcast tests $30 fee that gets rid of internet data cap

jos

I could go on for a while about fixing things. One of the most important would making it illegal for the news to have advertisements, product placements, or ANY KIND OF MONETISEATION AT ALL during any hour containing informational broadcasts (local/state/federal news for the nation). That, and maybe try to do something about the obvious bias in the news (fox being righties, CNN and MSNBC being lefties etc).

Oh, and no more political campaigns as we currently know them. Instead, a series of tax funded debates, going from the county level up to the state level and federal depending on the position you run for. You have to get a certain number of signatures on a petition to get into the debate, anyone collecting signatures for you has to be a volunteer, no donations or advertising etc. Oh and the news companies will be required to give equal airtime to all candidates. Think about it, local news can cover the state level elections and below, and then the major networks can cover state debates for the federal  (congressional) elections as well as state debates for presidential candidates. No commercials.

This was, we can cut out the "donations" (see: bribery) without encountering the "only the rich can afford to run" issue. Also, a tiered vote system for the elections. Running for state legislator? Okay, you get to the debates in your county, if you win the popular vote for that county after the debate, you go on to the state debates and elections. Same for presidential.

Basically, flood the political spectrum with so many freaking people that the corporations outright can't afford to buy people off, while also preventing the media from influencing elections (we already know they do. Hell, 60% of the employees at fox news donated to Obama's campaign). Oh, and all political parties are now illegal, everyone runs as independent. Though they can call themselves whatever they want, but there can be no "behind the scenes" shenanigans.

perfect, ok next election you need to run for president

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

the US need him more

You didn't call dibs, international dibs laws means you get next dibs.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You didn't call dibs, international dibs laws means you get next dibs.

dont cre, even if he wanted to he cant since he has to be borned in the UK iirc

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

#I LOVE MY NO DATA CAP AT&T

perfect, ok next election you need to run for president

I would, but I'd stand no chance of winning. I HATE public speaking. Seriously, my throat closes up, I get covered in flop sweat, etc.

#I LOVE MY NO DATA CAP AT&T

Lucky bastard.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

dont cre, even if he wanted to he cant since he has to be borned in the UK iirc

Who give 2 shits about that? And Australia got dibs first not the UK-though that Cameron......

PMSL

I would, but I'd stand no chance of winning. I HATE public speaking. Seriously, my throat closes up, I get covered in flop sweat, etc.

Lucky bastard.

well its  250GB

but they don't enforce it. 

i have used 500GB once in a month and got 0 Charge, or email.

soooooooo

Lucky bastard.

simple, just get someone to be the face you just have to be the brain

Spoiler

well its  250GB

soooooooo

Once I go past 500GB, 256Kbps download (for the upload I still bizarrely get 1034Kbps).

PMSL

well its  250GB

soooooooo

Nice.

simple, just get someone to be the face you just have to be the brain

That kind of thing is exactly the problem with our current system. If someone wants to take my idea and run on it, they are more than welcome to it.

Once I go past 500GB, 256Kbps download (for the upload I still bizarrely get 1034Kbps).

i wouldn't know i don't go over often lol it was just a one time test.

Nice.

That kind of thing is exactly the problem with our current system. If someone wants to take my idea and run on it, they are more than welcome to it.

well we could always just make a group and take over the US in the shadows or maybe possibly through force

Spoiler

well we could always just make a group and take over the US in the shadows or maybe possibly through force

Yeah.....this kind of thing needs to be public, and needs to be legitimate. We would need a social media group with enough voting power to send someone to the whitehouse with the expressed purpose of implementing these changes. Any other kind of attempt would be villainized by the media and criminalized by the current powers at be.

gr8 the NSA just flagged us.

Oh I know for a fact I'm already flagged.

Yeah.....this kind of thing needs to be public, and needs to be legitimate. We would need a social media group with enough voting power to send someone to the whitehouse with the expressed purpose of implementing these changes. Any other kind of attempt would be villainized by the media and criminalized by the current powers at be.

Oh I know for a fact I'm already flagged.

what about the illuminati(if its still alive) they run thing from the shadows and have a lot of influence, if we try hard enough we can do anything

gr8 the NSA just flagged us.

correction they flagged me

Spoiler

what about the illuminati(if its still alive) they run thing from the shadows and have a lot of influence, if we try hard enough we can do anything

correction they flagged me

If they are real, they get away with it because they are the powers at be, or help the powers at be. Fighting that can only be done in the light, where everyone can see what you are doing and plan on doing, thus preventing the powers at be from casting believable aspersions on your purpose, as well as making their attempts to cast such aspersions on your movement, all the more obvious to the people.

Wake the masses, and no amount of secrecy or power will be able to stop them.

If they are real, they get away with it because they are the powers at be, or help the powers at be. Fighting that can only be done in the light, where everyone can see what you are doing and plan on doing, thus preventing the powers at be from casting believable aspersions on your purpose, as well as making their attempts to cast such aspersions on your movement, all the more obvious to the people.

Wake the masses, and no amount of secrecy or power will be able to stop them.

yeah, we need to make the group

Spoiler

Which is exactly the way T-Mobile is acting.

Says in black and white in several places when checking out that contract that tethered data is capped at 7gig. Customer didn't didn't follow the contract. Quite simple really.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Says in black and white in several places when checking out that contract that tethered data is capped at 7gig. Customer didn't didn't follow the contract. Quite simple really.

Because 90% of everyone that signs a 5 page contract, reads the entirety of it. Nevermind that those contracts are made that long to dissuade people from reading them.

Besides, data caps should be illegal to begin with. It's not a finite resource, it's an arbitrary limitation enforced to make money off of nothing.