Buying/Using Japanese OS (Windows 10) in US

soto123

Hello!

I am moving to the US from Japan soon and have recently purchased the parts necessary to build a new computer.

My question is where should I buy a Japanese version of Windows 10 cheaply?

My other question is, will this negatively affect use with my US layout keyboard?

My last question is, can a US version of windows install Japanese software/games?

Thanks if anyone knows the answers!

I wouldn't get the Japanese version of Windows 10 since it'll screw with the keyboard layout, and yes, you can use Japanese software and games in Windows 10 as long as it supports the OS and it's not region-locked. You may have problems with keyboard layout, though.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

No.AFAIK You can only activate that version of Windows according to the region it was sold.

Hello!

I am moving to the US from Japan soon and have recently purchased the parts necessary to build a new computer.

My question is where should I buy a Japanese version of Windows 10 cheaply?

My other question is, will this negatively affect use with my US layout keyboard?

My last question is, can a US version of windows install Japanese software/games?

Thanks if anyone knows the answers!

If you buy it from Japan, you can still install the English version. Windows has no geographical DRM.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I wouldn't get the Japanese version of Windows 10 since it'll screw with the keyboard layout, and yes, you can use Japanese software and games in Windows 10 as long as it supports the OS and it's not region-locked. You may have problems with keyboard layout, though.

No.AFAIK You can only activate that version of Windows according to the region it was sold.

Wrong. He buys a product key. A product key is only edition specific. That means he either gets Home or Pro. No other restrictions. He can install the 32-bit or 64-bit version. He can install English or Japanese or Russian or Kilngon, whatever he wants. As long as only one is installed at a time.

Wrong. He buys a product key. A product key is only edition specific. That means he either gets Home or Pro. No other restrictions. He can install the 32-bit or 64-bit version. He can install English or Japanese or Russian or Kilngon, whatever he wants. As long as only one is installed at a time.

On my last W7 CD box,it says that this version of windows can only be activated in south east Asia (I was in Malaysia that time).maybe he can activate it in Japan and bring it over to US

On my last W7 CD box,it says that this version of windows can only be activated in south east Asia (I was in Malaysia that time).maybe he can activate it in Japan and bring it over to US

Was it Home Basic? That had region locks.

10 does not.

Was it Home Basic? That had region locks.

10 does not.

It was home premium. But I guess you could be right with W10.since it's a free upgrade for some people to begin with,no point to restrict it geographically