What's the most lighweight browser?

minimoose

I just picked up a fairly decent Asus laptop for $150, but even though it has a quad core Atom Baytrail CPU it isn't the speediest beast. So I'm wondering what the most lightweight easy to run browser is, Chrome and Firefox seem alright and MS Edge works quite well, but I'm guessing there are better options. Oh and it only has 2GB of RAM so something that doesn't use a lot of RAM.

Possibly Opera, or chrome if you dont have too many tabs.

Firefox will beat chrome if you have more tabs open though.

Opera

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Edge of course! 

If you have alot of tabs open I would say FireFox. Otherwise I prefer Chrome.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Edge of course! 

If you have alot of tabs open I would say FireFox. Otherwise I prefer Chrome.

They both seem a bit sluggish to me, Opera seems better though

They both seem a bit sluggish to me, Opera seems better though

I've never used Opera but if its fast I may give it a try.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Chrome works best on slow pc's for me. Opera might be slightly better, but it's annoying to use so.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Chrome works best on slow pc's for me. Opera might be slightly better, but it's annoying to use so.

What's annoying about it?

What's annoying about it?

Bookmarks are different, can't use google account to sync.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Since you didn't specify the age, Internet Explorer 6 or Firefox 4. Anything afterwards is a slow and bloated POS due to the amount of resources they use after going back and using them

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I was using Opera for a while (year or so long time ago) but there was something i didnt like about it.

For me Chrome is the best.

This might help:

https://youtu.be/AWUZDPrfOcI

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Not to derail, but if you have a few extra bucks you could always slam another 2gb stick in it, that's what I did to my old laptop. Works like a charm.

i5-4690k | GALAX HoF 980Ti | MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | 2xHyperX Fury 8GB @ 2133MHz | 2x240GB Kingston SSD in RAID-0 | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | NZXT H440 | Corsair H75 | Corsair RM750

Do not go gentle, into that good night.

Try MXNitro, Maxthon.

They're good.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Not to derail, but if you have a few extra bucks you could always slam another 2gb stick in it, that's what I did to my old laptop. Works like a charm.

Nope, the RAM is soldiered to the board, I have a few stick of laptops RAM right next to me, but I can't use them. It is thinner and lighter than a Macbook Air and has no fan....

Nope, the RAM is soldiered to the board, I have a few stick of laptops RAM right next to me, but I can't use them. It is thinner and lighter than a Macbook Air and has no fan....

Why would you pay to be in chains ;-:

i5-4690k | GALAX HoF 980Ti | MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | 2xHyperX Fury 8GB @ 2133MHz | 2x240GB Kingston SSD in RAID-0 | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | NZXT H440 | Corsair H75 | Corsair RM750

Do not go gentle, into that good night.

Why would you pay to be in chains ;-:

Because find me another Windows 10 laptop with 10 hour battery life, that's thinner and lighter than a macbook air, with upgradable RAM for CLOSE to $150. Seriously, I'll return it and buy that instead.