Google putting pressure on mobile sites that use "Install App" Ads

Deletive

pasted-image-0.png?w=738

When it comes to search on mobile devices, users should get the most relevant answers, no matter if the answer lives in an app or a web page. We’ve recently made it easier for users to find and discover apps and mobile-friendly web pages. However, sometimes a user may tap on a search result on a mobile device and see an app install interstitial that hides a significant amount of content and prompts the user to install an app. Our analysis shows that it is not a good search experience and can be frustrating for users because they are expecting to see the content of the web page.

This is awesome, because some sites get really annoying when this happens over and over again while you're on the train or waiting for the bus or whatever you may be doing on your mobile device. Google is finally putting pressure on these ads, with more changes coming November 1st.

After November 1, mobile web pages that show an app install interstitial that hides a significant amount of content on the transition from the search result page will no longer be considered mobile-friendly. This does not affect other types of interstitials. As an alternative to app install interstitials, browsers provide ways to promote an app that are more user-friendly.

This doesn't mean that websites can no longer show these ads on their websites but googles want people to take a more natural approach (little topdown at the top type of thing) 

I like these types of changes, means searching the web isn't so much of a pain in the ass when I want something to read while commuting. 

Sources: 

Google: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.ca/2015/09/mobile-friendly-web-pages-using-app.html

Other: http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/01/death-to-app-install-interstitials/#.6cmc60:P2br

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Good it's about time it's either mobile friendly or don't even waste the time of making it for mobile at all.

Taran should run for president!

Does this include mobile linustechtips and their tapatalk ad I wonder?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Does this include mobile linustechtips and their tapatalk ad I wonder?

I don't think so you can still use the website normally in mobile friendly mode very well.

Taran should run for president!

They should be looking on their app store too, cause I've installed some apps that make me go to other app pages as an advertisement, that's BS too.

phone slowing you down? want more ram? go to www.downloadmoreram.org and get the app on your phone

Does that still work? I know I did it a on my nexus one and it gave me 8GB of ram

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Great, now I don't have to stare at Kate Upton's tits every time that stupid Game of War: Fire Age advertisement pops up because it'll be gone.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Speaking of which @LinusTech @Slick and mods I get pestered on LTT forums a lot to install some app just like this ones.

Those are sometimes annoying on mobile =/ 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Those things are obnoxious , worse than adds even.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Yeah, get rekt Tapatalk

And crawl back to the hell you spawned from

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This forum is a great example of what Google is trying to get rid of!

Mobile version always starts with a fullscreen app suggestion, yeah you can click it away and it'll never show again but still!

Die Taptalk die !

I hate when i play Drag Racing on the phone and stupid ad pops up telling me i have a virus and asking me to install a pointless app. Wish this would go away too :(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Hopefully this will put an end to the Tapatalk bullshit that this forum constantly annoys me with.

Gaming Rig: Asus Z87 Pro, i5-4670k, EVGA Supernova 1000 P2, Corsair Carbide Air 540, NZXT Kraken X60, G.SKILL Ripjaws X (4 x 8GB @ 2133), 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm

Plex Server/Couch Gamer: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5, i7 4790k, Corsair HX750, Fractal Node 804, Deepcool Captain 240 AIO, G.SKILL Sniper Series (4 x 8GB @ 1866), MSI Lightning 780, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm.