Noctua NF A14 IndustrialPPC IP67 fans do they produce a lot of noise

Metro

Where would you even put the box in the case though, I want it to be hidden, could you put it at the back, I notice there are screw holes on it.

Anywhere you like really it's not specific to any location you can double side stick to to say to the side of a rad or near it to have all the fans plug into place. and tow cables leading from it back to power and the motherboard for control.

looks like the screenshot didnt grab exactly what I wanted....

Fixed!

Noctua%20Industrial%20140mm%20sub%20300r

Where would you even put the box in the case though, I want it to be hidden, could you put it at the back, I notice there are screw holes on it.

I would just double sticky tape it to the back. its what i do on all of my builds and it works great. Check out my build log for ThePylon where I easily controlled 8 fans off one header. It will be in the picture of the back of the case.

I would use this swiftech one as its the best available, though only two like it are available to my knowledge. http://goo.gl/ppYw6D or http://goo.gl/JRkad8

Correct, the plitter I just suggested has SATA power.

take a look at what I just suggested. If you needed something like you just linked I would just make it yourself.

You cannot get the Swiftech one in the UK

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Anywhere you like really it's not specific to any location you can double side stick to to say to the side of a rad or near it to have all the fans plug into place. and tow cables leading from it back to power and the motherboard for control.

Two best places I have found are wither behind your 5.25in bays or behind your PSU.

You cannot get the Swiftech one in the UK

this phobya one linked earlier is pretty much equivalent http://goo.gl/lJd7sn

this phobya one linked earlier is pretty much equivalent http://goo.gl/lJd7sn

I will use a Molex then, would of liked to use SATA but I cannot get it.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I will use a Molex then, would of liked to use SATA but I cannot get it.

get a sata to molex adapter?

Also if you have any questions ;let me know as I have set this up a number of times already.

get a sata to molex adapter?

Also if you have any questions ;let me know as I have set this up a number of times already.

How did you do your multiple fans, did you use this connector then use a Molex or did you go with a SATA adaptor

How did you do your multiple fans, did you use this connector then use a Molex or did you go with a SATA adaptor

I have the swiftech one as its fairly easily available in the states. ive used it in probably 4-5 builds now. The original one I had from them was molex though. That Phobya seems to be essentially the same thing from what I can tell.

I call horseshit on that as im currently running the 2000rpm A14 industrial IP67 certified fans at sub 300rpm in Chibi PC as my main front intakes on a Kraken X41. Looks like I havnt updated the build log to account for the fan and cooler swap.

I was saying when using voltage control. Looking at the video posted by W-L. The starting voltage is 4.9-5v. Below that, the fan will not start. The chart in the video states the fan would spin 875rpm at 5v. When I tested it with fan controller at home, the slowest speed I saw is 970rpm. Any lower the fan will not start. And I have three of these fans, so I'm not talking out of thin air. Although they aren't IP67 version. So I can't say for sure if the IP67 version will spin at 300rpm with voltage control.  

I know when using PWM control, the fan can spin much slower than 1,000 rpm. That's why I suggest the OP to make sure to have enough PWM control.

Give the horseshit back to you, wiseman.

I was saying when using voltage control. Looking at the video posted by W-L. The starting voltage is 4.9-5v. Below that, the fan will not start. The chart in the video states the fan would spin 875rpm at 5v. When I tested it with fan controller at home, the slowest speed I saw is 970rpm. Any lower the fan will not start. And I have three of these fans, so I'm not talking out of thin air. Although they aren't IP67 version. So I can't say for sure if the IP67 version will spin at 300rpm with voltage control.  

I know when using PWM control, the fan can spin much slower than 1,000 rpm.

Give the horseshit back to you, wiseman.

they are PWM fans, thus your unsurprisingly expected to control them with PWM :P

Actually you could ruin older PWM fans by not providing them straight 12v.

The one thing when running fans this slow you have to turn off the low fan warning. Just a heads up.

they are PWM fans, thus your unsurprisingly expected to control them with PWM :P

Actually you could ruin older PWM fans by not providing them straight 12v.

The one thing when running fans this slow you have to turn off the low fan warning. Just a heads up.

NF-A14 Industrial PPC has non-PWM version. Many people use non-PWM fan as chassis fan because usually the mobo does not have enough PWM headers.

Just an advise for the OP not to get the wrong fan.

Hello

Is the Noctua NF A14 IndustrialPPC IP67 fans loud, if you run them at 1200RPM, I keep finding comments that say they are so loud and they are not good, do you think these fans are loud

Also I am going to get 11 fans, what speed would you run them at for a Corsair 780t case

Also what speed on a Corsair H110i GTX in push pull for good temperatures and low noise

Thanks

If aesthetics are not a big concern/you like grey the NF-P14 redux are a slightly cheaper option that silent PC review still considers the best fan noctua ever made

http://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-P14s-redux-1500-PWM/dp/B00KF7O58G/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1441152820&sr=1-2&keywords=nf-p14

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

As TheProfosist said it works the same as the swiftech one, if you want to not have another chain or modular cables for molex something like this could work to convert the sata power over to molex:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/scan-rb-413-sata-15-pin-to-4-pin-molex-gender-changer-(converts-sata-power-to-molex-power-cable)

NF-A14 Industrial PPC has non-PWM version. Many people use non-PWM fan as chassis fan because usually the mobo does not have enough PWM headers.

Just an advise for the OP not to get the wrong fan.

yep but with any of the slitter we were talking about even one PWM header which motherboards have to have is enough for all fans.

If aesthetics are not a big concern/you like grey the NF-P14 redux are a slightly cheaper option that silent PC review still considers the best fan noctua ever made

http://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-P14s-redux-1500-PWM/dp/B00KF7O58G/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1441152820&sr=1-2&keywords=nf-p14

I used then in my ThePylon build. I needed a larger fan with a 120mm mount and I already had all the accessories so I could go with the less costly fans.

As TheProfosist said it works the same as the swiftech one, if you want to not have another chain or modular cables for molex something like this could work to convert the sata power over to molex:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/scan-rb-413-sata-15-pin-to-4-pin-molex-gender-changer-(converts-sata-power-to-molex-power-cable)

yep looks close to something ive used before.

I think mine are at 900rpm, they're practically inaudible in my Fractal R5 case.

Do they start up at 2000RPM when you boot or is it at 900RPM

Do they start up at 2000RPM when you boot or is it at 900RPM

I have Noctua fans in both my case, and on my radiator.

The case fans are connected via a fan controller, and thus spin at a constant RPM. The ones on the radiator however have the low noise adapter, and max out at 900rpm. They speed up to their max rpm when Corsair Link first fires up. But it's only for a second. My case fans do not.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I have Noctua fans in both my case, and on my radiator.

The case fans are connected via a fan controller, and thus spin at a constant RPM. The ones on the radiator however have the low noise adapter, and max out at 900rpm. They speed up to their max rpm when Corsair Link first fires up. But it's only for a second. My case fans do not.

Do you have them on push pull on the radiator, also what radiator are you using and do you have to buy the low noise adapter

Do you have them on push pull on the radiator, also what radiator are you using and do you have to buy the low noise adapter

They are push on the radiator. And i've got a H110i GTX.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

They are push on the radiator. And i've got a H110i GTX.

That is what I will be using as well, did the low noise adapter come with it. I will need to get 4 fans on the Corsair H110i GTX

That is what I will be using as well, did the low noise adapter come with it. I will need to get 4 fans on the Corsair H110i GTX

Noctua fans do come with the low noise adapters.

Noctua fans do come with the low noise adapters.

Only the originals. The redux and industrial do not and the industrial could overload the adapter for the standard fans.

Only the originals. The redux and industrial do now and the industrial could overload the adapter for the standard fans.

Industrials only come with the fans.

Industrials only come with the fans.

Was supposed to say do not.

Went back and fixed it.