CPU Temp Monitoring Software Recommendations?

TheKDub

For the past who knows how long I had been using CoreTemp to monitor my CPU temps, though I've heard some shitty things about it recently and have been looking for a different one to use. (I haven't installed it since I switched back to win 7 from win 10)

System specs are in my sig.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Realtemp or hwmonitor  ?

What have you heard about Core temp? I use it on W10 without a problem. 

I'm using CoreTemp xD. Don't know...

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Realtemp or hwmonitor  ?

What have you heard about Core temp? I use it on W10 without a problem. 

Mainly stuff about it installing shit without giving the option to opt out when installing core temp and changing homepages and such..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Mainly stuff about it installing shit without giving the option to opt out when installing core temp and changing homepages and such..

You're downloading it from the wrong place then. 

-snip-

I prefer 7 to 10, and I have plenty of reasons as to why I do. (I just don't feel like listing em off :P)

You're downloading it from the wrong place then.

I've heard of it happening even when people download it from coretemp's website :/

And chrome doesn't even want to let me go to their website because "Harmful content was detected"

HWmonitor for me 

or CAM. its fun too :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I prefer 7 to 10, and I have plenty of reasons as to why I do. (I just don't feel like listing em off :P)

When u do feel like listing them, then please share with me.

I will be installing win10 soon and reasons why people dont like it, interest me :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

When u do feel like listing them, then please share with me.

I will be installing win10 soon and reasons why people dont like it, interest me :)

Main reason is all the spying and shit going on with it, some of which has no way to opt out.

Then there's the crap that M$ installs with MSX (win 10) that cannot be removed, the PC settings and Control panel having some duplicate settings, then some things are just linked back and forth between the two, I don't like the new start menu nearly as much as I liked windows 7's start menu, I had a significant amount of issues with explorer.exe basically fucking itself, making it so it still is there visually, but it doesn't function at all...

I'm sure there are more reasons that I can't think of right now lol

So pretty much its just my preferences on stuff and a few bugs.

Main reason is all the spying and shit going on with it, some of which has no way to opt out.

Then there's the crap that M$ installs with MSX (win 10) that cannot be removed, the PC settings and Control panel having some duplicate settings, then some things are just linked back and forth between the two, I don't like the new start menu nearly as much as I liked windows 7's start menu, I had a significant amount of issues with explorer.exe basically fucking itself, making it so it still is there visually, but it doesn't function at all...

I'm sure there are more reasons that I can't think of right now lol

So pretty much its just my preferences on stuff and a few bugs.

Well the spying is inevitable, even win 7/8 had update for spying...

From what i saw, the start menua looks fantastic, the combo of metro and clasic start is appealing to me.

Bugs will get fixed (at least thats what we think).

Thank tou for sharing your experience. So far it looks like im gonna upgrade (clean install) to win 10 by the end of the month.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Seriously people. Can't anyone ask about software for Win7 without it being turned to Win7 vs Win10 discussion?

On topic. I use OpenHardwareMonitor as daily software. I have RealTemp for benchmarking and overclocking because its easier to check. With previous install I had fully configured HWiNFO.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well the spying is inevitable, even win 7/8 had update for spying...

From what i saw, the start menua looks fantastic, the combo of metro and clasic start is appealing to me.

Bugs will get fixed (at least thats what we think).

Thank tou for sharing your experience. So far it looks like im gonna upgrade (clean install) to win 10 by the end of the month.

I went through all the updates myself and removed any that had anything to do with telemetry and such :P

Also removed any tasks that would be sending shit to M$, so hopefully there's not much stalking going on...

i use HWmonitr for Windows, smcFanControl for OS X, and GKRellm for Linux. oh, and System Monitor Lite for Android

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Seriously people. Can't anyone ask about software for Win7 without it being turned to Win7 vs Win10 discussion?

Its inevitable :D

If you take the time to learn it Speed Fan is a great resource. Even shows SMART status, CPU Core utilization, Speeds, Temps, and if you set it up properly you can control your fans as well.

I use it daily, it is always open on my 3rd "resource" monitor

Thanks!

Chris R.

Its inevitable :D

Well, its also derailing and against CoC.

Btw, can vouch for Speedfan too. Needs tons of configuration but when done, works great.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv