225,000 iPhones HACKED with Jailbreak Malware

So if someone hijacked your phone to send a thousand spam texts using your credit or plan to do it that wouldn't bother you?

We have unlimited text.

But it would annoy/bother me.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

this wont stop me. When apple decides to stop taking my freedoms ill stop

Taran should run for president!

Well, then you most likely don't NEED expensive hardware. I have done things on a 200$ 2012 nexus 7 that rival laptop functionality; I have ubuntu, arch linux and android in triple boot on it, I played doom 3 on it (I don't think that port is available on ios because it's user-made), I ran a chroot on it. None of that would have been possible on a 800$ ipad (or iphone for that matter). I WOULD have benefitted from a faster cpu and more ram even though it works acceptably as is. Does everyone want or need to do any of that? Hell no

Question, Why do any of that? Sure a laptop is simply easier and cheaper in cases than a smartphone.

What's the % of users that do any of it? Miniscule I'd say.

Just like the amount that Root Android or Jailbreak iOS are miniscule. 

At the topic at hand both make the systems more vulnerable to malware at hand.

Also why does everyone always slate the iPhone for costing a lot? In Ireland a Samsung or HTC flagship costs just as much. In the end they all do the same except for a tiny tiny tiny use case.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

"An Apple a day keeps the viruses away"

Oh wait...

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Question, Why do any of that? Sure a laptop is simply easier

What's the % of users that do any of it? Miniscule I'd say.

Just like the amount that Root Android or Jailbreak iOS are miniscule. 

At the topic at hand both make the systems more vulnerable to malware at hand.

Why? Short on money and needed a laptop that could do programming. And I agree that most users won't even know what I was talking about. That is why I consider "flagship" 700+$ phones a complete waste of their money as they won't make these people's experience noticeably better than something that was 200 bucks or less. The few people who will actually make use of any extra features are those that will be annoyed by the limitations of ios devices.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So this is a funny and scary one for me. A malware called KeyRaider was apparently inserted into a build of Cydia, which is a popular iOS Jailbreaking app. The app is designed to help the non-tech savvy tweak their iOS devices.

Cydia ain't a jailbreaking app. It's a store. It's the place to buy you're stuff  outside of the official App Store. It's really like a package manager on linux. 

The hack comes from a tweak that sent user information to a server. It's that server that got attack with the SQL injection. The faulty app is a plugin for mobileSubstrate called "Mach-O dynamic libraries". Don't know what's using that and where you can get it... 

EDIT: You have to be using the Weiphone’s Cydia repositories. The affected apps are :

• iappstore : Provides service to download non-free apps from Apple’s official App Store without purchase.
  • iappinbuy: Provides service to get some official App Store apps’ In-App-Purchasing items totally free.
Lol. I wouldn't get theses apps even without reading about the hack. How shady does that sound. Wow... 

muahahahaha.... *strokes zenfone 2*

That's what they get for shit-talking Android.

Android get viruses as well :lol:

I've got an IP6 and it's jailbroken. Just don't go around and install anything, instal it from trusted repos and you will be fine.

The best antivirus to date is available across all platforms, it's CommonSense Deluxe 2015

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Lucky I don't have a credit card attached to my account lol.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

The same could happen in rooted android devices?.... I mean hacking...

APPLE PRODUCTS CAN GET VIRUSES

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

take that people who say apple products cant get viruses >: D

After doing a tweak that Apple ask you specifically not to do..

Smh at u

I didn't know cydia was thing still lol

I jailbroke my ipod touch years ago and used it to add a four home row button years ago.. 

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k