Need some good Headphones..

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey Guys! So its time that I upgrade my headphones. As of now they're just some super cheapo headphones which I thought was enough for me. But anyways, Now I have Two PC's (Second one isn't here as of now), 3 Phones, An iPod (Kinda), and A Tab. So I suppose I need 3 Headphones :D

Anyways, What are some good headphones? Budget: Under 120$ if possible. I'm not an audiophile. Just need it to listen to Music. Thats it. Probably a bit of gaming here and there. 

So would like one that would be at least above average in both the subjects :)

TIA

-LG

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Audio Technica atx m50x. 

If not then m50x

No no no

m40x are same but cheaper

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

if you listen to EDM go for V-moda Crossfades

If not then m50x

V-moda

pros great bass. better than the 50x's

cons  worse high and mediums (not hugly noticeable but 50x has better highs and mediums)

I love EDM. I haven't used bassy headphones for gaming. Are they good? I mean, do they give fake effects? 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I love EDM. I haven't used bassy headphones for gaming. Are they good? I mean, do they give fake effects? 

If your using these for gaming just get gaming headset and get headphones sepreatly. V-moda's are shit for csgo but the m50x are ok

If your using these for gaming just get gaming headset and get headphones sepreatly. V-moda's are shit for csgo but the m50x are ok

Well that's my point. I'll be using it for light gaming. I do have my speakers for gaming, but still  I do like to use headphones while gaming (I can game at night without disturbing anyone).

Okay, so if I go by your option and buy the V-moda's. Which one should I get for gaming? 

COMING SOON

if you listen to EDM go for V-moda Crossfades

If not then m50x

V-moda

pros great bass. better than the 50x's

cons  worse high and mediums (not hugly noticeable but 50x has better highs and mediums)

"Mediums"? "Better"?

mid's

"mid's"?

Well that's my point. I'll be using it for light gaming. I do have my speakers for gaming, but still  I do like to use headphones while gaming (I can game at night without disturbing anyone).

Okay, so if I go by your option and buy the V-moda's. Which one should I get for gaming? 

if you want a cheap gaming headset that is good 4 le money get the g430's or hyper x clouds

Just get a Takstar Pro 80 or Takstar Hi 2050.

I have the Takstar HI 2050 and I recommend these or JVC HA-S500 if you don't mind on-ear and buy velour pads with them. These are both more budget options though, ~$30-50.

if you want a cheap gaming headset that is good 4 le money get the g430's or hyper x clouds

Okay. I just checked the V-modas. There are different ones here. Should I get the LP2 or the LP? 

COMING SOON

I have the Takstar HI 2050 and I recommend these or JVC HA-S500 if you don't mind on-ear and buy velour pads with them. These are both more budget options though, ~$30-50.

Well I do have problems with on-ear. I prefer over ear ones. I do have a couple of SkullCandy's. All just a waste of money as they're not used by me anymore.

COMING SOON

lp2 is just has a SMALL very unnoticeable better bass if your more of a asthetics guy then go for the lp's and choose the colors

lp2 has only one color so...

I don't mind the color :)

COMING SOON

Well I do have problems with on-ear. I prefer over ear ones. I do have a couple of SkullCandy's. All just a waste of money as they're not used by me anymore.

I'd go for a nicer pair then. The Takstar ones are pretty damn comfortable though and over ear, just for the record though.  :)

I would look into a pair of M Audio Q40s or Ultrasone HFI 580/780 (used). If you can stretch your budget to ~$120 the DT 770 PROs (used) are also a good choice. Check reddit avexchange, ebay, craigslist, etc.

what are you on? soundstage isn't very good on the m50's.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2