Why Are People So Stubborn?

Bim Job

So I got into this argument on facebook abou intel an amd cpu's. What triggered the argument is me stating that for $1300 USD you'd better not get an AMD. Then he came back with, I just prefer AMD so I'm sticking with it. Right away just absolute 100% unfiltered bias. I then presented him with a $1300 build including an i7-4790K. He then replied stating that he'd still prefer an AMD cpu, specifically an 8350. I replied basically saying that that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard, and that even a fucking 4460 could outperform the 8350 in gaming. He then replied saying like some how dare I say that Intel is better than AMD and some other bullshit. I then replied stating that I never said that, and asked him to quote me saying that. He never did. He that replied saying that he's used the "i5" and he's used the "i7" and thought they were amazing, that they were wonderful even, but that he still prefers AMD. Once again going back to the bias thing. Then he said some shit about how Intel is so much more expensive. Then I guess he removes the post entirely, which basically means that he pussied out. I then proceed to DM him stating this: "the i5 4460 costs 10 dollars more than the 8350 so your argument about cost is invalid. The 9590 is inherently an over priced piece of shit and anyone who knows anything about computers will tell you the same thing. "  He then just replied with this and logged off of his account: 

11880525_879744628757689_268721668369173
You have proved even more that you're stuck up Intel's ass.

Come back when you have experienced both sides.

This argument is over. Good bye.

Some fucking people man. 

Most people are stubborn, some are just more stubborn than others.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

i know

thats why i said they suck for gaming

paying 3x more for the same performance means it sucks for gaming

They can be overpriced, yeah.

Doesn't mean they don't game well.

Nah. I agree Intel CPU's are better. But he's went around giving false information such as telling people that the 280x gets extremely hot and what not. 

I'm not sure how hot it gets but from what I've researched previously around the time of the 970 release the 280X and it would hit similar temps, right?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

An area x51 is around $200 more than a similarly spec'd custom pc.

I wouldnt pay $2400 for a PC with a 270 in it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Have you experienced both sides? I have a 8320 and a 4670k and they're both good gamers. If he really wants amd, he really wants amd.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I wouldnt pay $2400 for a PC with a 270 in it

It has Titan Z's in SLI

It has Titan Z's in SLI

uMaCB8m.png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

He proceeded to insult my heritage proving how much of a piece of shit he is. 

To be fair there are both practical and ideological cases for supporting AMD. The practical is not really present here (that's more for lower end builds or not entirely focused on gaming rigs on a budget and such, though the tech is so outdated now even those are marginally useful at this point) but also people just might not like to support intel because they still do shit like charging a huge premium for a basic on/off switch to allow you to overclock and hold back progress to continue to increase their profits.

-------

Current Rig

-------

-snip-

But there is no AMD CPU for a $1300 build that makes sense.  

It honestly depends on the task.  Both AMD and Intel have great processors, but people buy them for the wrong tasks all the time.  If you're doing heavy core work AMD is usually better, but if you are doing heavy single core tasks then Intel is better.  

Yeah, I meant for gaming.

But there is no AMD CPU for a $1300 build that makes sense.

That's why I said not in this particular case.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Holy shit, close the fucking laptop lol. If he annoys you, turn off the computer, close Facebook or something.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Holy shit, close the fucking laptop lol. If he annoys you, turn off the computer, close Facebook or something.

It's not that, it's that I though he was an intelligent person who was above all this bullshit. 

It's not that, it's that I though he was an intelligent person who was above all this bullshit. 

It doesn't matter, the second he starts to annoy you, end the conversation and move on to something else. There's no need wasting your life on trying to persuade someone when they aren't gonna buy it. And it goes for that guy too.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M